Surely Kelvin

Amazing Hangover

Is a better bet for the Euros than the 19yr old bloke from Birmingham (Cant be arsed to look him up)

Also, am I the only one who's just not that bothered about this tournament?

Usually before World Cups and Euros I'm counting sleeps and buying wall charts.

This time I honestly don't know when it starts or when England's matches are.

Maybe its because this time we are genuinely pants.

Or perhaps I am now a premiership fan.

I'm a Saints fan first and an England fan a distant second, but I do hope we do well. I can see the logic in taking Butland or Ruddy though - gives a young keeper experience at a tournament. We don't need another ageing pro - Hart and Green will cover the first two spots - how often is it that a national team ever needs their third keeper in a tournament? (I acknowledge it CAN happen though...)

No matter how well England do this year nothing will compare to what we have all been a part of this year with Saints.

After years of being let down by the national team I have no enthusiasm left for England and find it difficult to get behind some of the players in that team (quite obvious who), but I want Hodgson to do well before the "should've been Redknapp" brigade pipe up again.

It would've been nice to see Kelvin get a call up, but as stated above it makes sense to give a youngster some tournament experience.

Has Butland played a single game for Brum?

I recall that when Myhill was injured (in the first play off game against Blackpool?), Hughton kept Myhill on rather than sub him for Butland.

No he hasn't. He's played the grand total of 12 professional matches in his career, all of them in league 2 whilst on loan at Cheltenham. Obviously the natural choice for an international call up.

I don't get why Fraser Foster didn't get the call up. He fits the bill age-wise and has served a decent apprenticeship on loan at Norwich and now 2 years as first choice at Celtic. Surely a better bet than someone with 26 games under his belt for Cheltenham?

I think we need to take the Saints glasses off. It's a England no 3 we are talking about. There would be no point taking KD but there is value in taking Butland. KD maybe better but that is not the point unless he is going to be no 1 or 2.

Do you have to take 3 keepers, surely we would be better off taking another outfield player?

Not really. If both keepers get injured and we end up having to stick Lescott in goal or something, we're f*cked. But if we had a lot of injuries to (for example) our strikers, we could still stick Young/Gerrard up there and they'd do a job.

They were talking about this on 5 live yesterday saying Green wasnt even the best keeper in the championship this year it was Kelvin and that after his shocker last time for England he shouldnt be anywhere near an England shirt again!

I am surprised how you can include an English keeper who was beaten by another English keeper to being best keeper in the league, having said keeper made mistakes for England, the season before being relegated (conceding a lot of goals) and somehow he is second choice? England will be lucky to get through the group stage.. and if Joe Hart gets injured we are f*cked.

No he hasn't. He's played the grand total of 12 professional matches in his career, all of them in league 2 whilst on loan at Cheltenham. Obviously the natural choice for an international call up.

actually he played 24 games for Cheltenham keeping 12 clean sheets and impressing all and sundry. He's played at every age level for England including 5 games for the under 21s. No one bat an eyelid when Frankie Fielding got an England call up and he is woeful. My brum fanatic friend says this lad is top notch. I've been telling you that all season. I don't want Davis anywhere near and England shirt no matter how well he did last season. Harte is the present and the likes of Butland are the future. Davis is neither.

Edited by Chez

actually he played 24 games for Cheltenham keeping 12 clean sheets and impressing all and sundry. He's played at every age level for England including 5 games for the under 21s. No one bat an eyelid when Frankie Fielding got an England call up and he is woeful. My brum fanatic friend says this lad is top notch. I've been telling you that all season. I don't want Davis anywhere near and England shirt no matter how well he did last season. Harte is the present and the likes of Butland are the future. Davis is neither.

Apologies, those additional 12 games in league two make all the difference, he well deserves his England call up now.

I also agree on on you with the "Kelvin for England" brigade. If anyone really thinks that they are mental.