Refuge from the main board...

Frank's cousin

How about

Has miltoroader actually started a thread that made it to the bottom of the indexable without being locked?

When will bear publicly commit to the rest of the 50 shades trilogy?

Why is tokyo ruining my Japanese education by not posting regular lessons?

If only guy Fawkes was alive today. Discuss.

What CB is saying is we should all go to the muppet show.

CB, bletch almost killed off my lesson with a long Japanese folk story. I am in fear of posting another lesson as he might post the story of momotaro in reply.

Well it's about time I outed you as the intellectual you are Toke.

Carry on and I'll share some of the Japanese literature PMs we've exchanged.

I don't mind you hiding your intellect under a Bearsy-shaped bushel. But don't make me out to look like some literature-obsessed tw*t. I can do that all by myself thank you very much.

Right, I'm off to ruin your Learn Japanese (AKA spill something sticky over Hannah Minx) thread.

What CB is saying is we should all go to the muppet show.

CB, bletch almost killed off my lesson with a long Japanese folk story. I am in fear of posting another lesson as he might post the story of momotaro in reply.

Perhaps the mods can develop a thread specific ignore button. Bletch on the hanna mix thread, turkish on any cortese thread, miltonroader on...well just milton roader

A haven to be found here.

Main board in uber meltdown, depression, consiracy, blame, mud slinging.... some at Cortese, some at Nge as some just cant accept we aint good enough at the moment... mental.

So what shall we talk about?

I came close to topping myself this morning after reading the post mortem of the Baggies match !

I needed cheering up so had a look at the legendary Pompey thread but even there the amusement level has dropped !

This thread is not shaping up well either, what oh what can I do ?????????

I came close to topping myself this morning after reading the post mortem of the Baggies match !

I needed cheering up so had a look at the legendary Pompey thread but even there the amusement level has dropped !

Have a beer.

Oh don't worry about the PTS, when every week brings another dose of "you couldn't make it ups" it does take the script writers a few days to come up with new twists and turns

There is the look at the old statue thread which is a five star rated thread!

Amusement? Would settle for sanity in the first instance, no laughs here please:smug:

Main board in uber meltdown, depression, consiracy, blame, mud slinging.... some at Cortese, some at Nge as some just cant accept we aint good enough at the moment... mental.

There has been a chaotic lack of hierarchy since Verbal abdicated his position of King of the Lounge.

The court jester role has gone too; with dune and all his great jokes about Rhodesia and Gibraltar being "dead".

Let's have some positions and nominations please.

There has been a chaotic lack of hierarchy since Verbal abdicated his position of King of the Lounge.

The court jester role has gone too; with dune and all his great jokes about Rhodesia and Gibraltar being "dead".

Let's have some positions and nominations please.

Maybe on political and religious lines? Given the current state of the main board, these topics no longer hold any fear for the Lounge Refugees?

Anything you like. Just decided I've had it with the main board until we win. Positivity is a hanging offence.

Went to look at a house today.

It's really nice; right next to the kids' school. Well within budget as I spend a load of time and money on transporting ms Pap et al up there. With the money we're currently spending on travel, bus passes, shopping trips, ra ra ra - I think we'd end up paying £125 more a month than we are right now; and the house is twice the size.

So here's the problem. Bit of a scumbag at heart. I don't know anything about living in middle class areas. I grew up on the Flower Estates and although my current gaff is in a nice enough street, we've all got blue collar sensibilities.

Or 'cos I'm in Liverpool, and the estate looks like a bit like an upmarket Brookside Close, should I just watch old episodes and style myself as a long-haired Max Farnham?

Some do's or don'ts would be appreciated.

It's really nice; right next to the kids' school. Well within budget as I spend a load of time and money on transporting ms Pap et al up there. With the money we're currently spending on travel, bus passes, shopping trips, ra ra ra - I think we'd end up paying £125 more a month than we are right now; and the house is twice the size.

So here's the problem. Bit of a scumbag at heart. I don't know anything about living in middle class areas. I grew up on the Flower Estates and although my current gaff is in a nice enough street, we've all got blue collar sensibilities.

Or 'cos I'm in Liverpool, and the estate looks like a bit like an upmarket Brookside Close, should I just watch old episodes and style myself as a long-haired Max Farnham?

Bring the area down to what you are used to by sitting on deck chairs in your filthy front garden during summer months with your family and friends wearing vests or football shirts. Hang a cross of St George out of one of the windows and have lots of empty beer cans filling up your bin. Always have at least one white good item on full view outside the front door and buy yourself a an M reg cavalier or mondeo and park it outside your house but never, ever use it.

You'll be able to overlay your working class ideals onto your new lower middle class environment and be universally hated but secretly feared by your neighbours as the rough family down the road.

Edited by Turkish

Live there for a year and follow in Max's footsteps

Max Farnham and Jacqui Dixon sold their house to Jack Michaelson a drug dealer who terrorised the street until the other residents lynched him from the bedroom window.

That should bring the area down a bit:lol:

Bring the area down to what you are used to by sitting on deck chairs in your filthy front garden during summer months with your family and friends wearing vests or football shirts. Hang a cross of St George out of one of the windows and have lots of empty beer cans filling up your bin. Always have at least one white good item on full view outside the front door and buy yourself a an M reg cavalier or mondeo and park it outside your house but never, ever use it.

You'll be able to overlay your working class ideals onto your new lower middle class environment and be universally hated but secretly feared by your neighbours as the rough family down the road.

This is top stuff, sir.

I'd like to riff on your Ford Mondeo idea. That sort of number always look worse when the car has no engine, and demonstrably going nowhere, ever. Driver side window permanently half open, etc.

This is top stuff, sir.

I'd like to riff on your Ford Mondeo idea. That sort of number always look worse when the car has no engine, and demonstrably going nowhere, ever. Driver side window permanently half open, etc.

An old disused sofa or matress outside the house or in the front garden also gives it a very comfortable council estate feel.

An old disused sofa or matress outside the house or in the front garden also gives it a very comfortable council estate feel.

Ah, yes. We're getting quite an ensemble. Do you think that the kids' inner-city sensibilities will easily make them the hardest on the estate? Should I look at starting a Sopranos-eqsue crime family, a protection racket in which my girls are "enforcers"?

Ah, yes. We're getting quite an ensemble. Do you think that the kids' inner-city sensibilities will easily make them the hardest on the estate? Should I look at starting a Sopranos-eqsue crime family, a protection racket in which my girls are "enforcers"?

Do it. You already have connections to the underworld in Southampton what with my and my Krew. I reckon you've got the makings of a nice little earner there. I'd position yourself more as a cross between Travis Bickle and Henry Hill, a kind of nice guy on the edge. People would think you are a wise guy and happy to pay you protection money but never cross you as they know you could f*ck them up on your own. And what with your UK wide wise guy connections and the council estate slum you have recreated on your new lower middle class estate youll fool the old bill into thinking you are unemployed scum when in reality you are a rich, connected wise guy mobster from one of Britains most notorious Krews.

Do it. You already have connections to the underworld in Southampton what with my and my Krew. I reckon you've got the makings of a nice little earner there. I'd position yourself more as a cross between Travis Bickle and Henry Hill, a kind of nice guy on the edge. People would think you are a wise guy and happy to pay you protection money but never cross you as they know you could f*ck them up on your own. And what with your UK wide wise guy connections and the council estate slum you have recreated on your new lower middle class estate youll fool the old bill into thinking you are unemployed scum when in reality you are a rich, connected wise guy mobster from one of Britains most notorious Krews.

I dunno about this Krew business, Turks. Does it mean you have to spell everything with a K, like in Mortal Kombat (klever, eh?).

Apart from that, it sounds like a good plan. The tea shops and hair colourists won't know what's hit them.

Such a wonderful living ideal, you must have been to Coventry quite recently, no?

I dunno about this Krew business, Turks. Does it mean you have to spell everything with a K, like in Mortal Kombat (klever, eh?).

Apart from that, it sounds like a good plan. The tea shops and hair colourists won't know what's hit them.

Pap, you are a konnected guy. You can spell Krew with a K or Krew with a c, you make the rules, you can spell Krew with a qruew if you want too. You run this place and your krew. And what are they gonna do if they don't like it, muscle you? You are the muscle.

Pap, you are a konnected guy. You can spell Krew with a K or Krew with a c, you make the rules, you can spell Krew with a qruew if you want too. You run this place and your krew. And what are they gonna do if they don't like it, muscle you? You are the muscle.

Muskle, surely?