Has Killer's knee popped already ?

alpine_saint

This is a silly thread!

What evidence is there to even ask the question "has killers knee popped already" ?

The answer is none.

If you read the page on the os Killer says that his knee is a bit sore, but that he will be ok in the pool, ok on the bike and hopes to resume training in a few days. No hint of any serious problem at all.

Forget any medical explanation - it is surely obvious that with what he has been through there is likely to be a reaction whenever he trains and/or plays. The hope is that he and the club manage it corretly and that he can play most of the league games.

The reason for this thread is clear-as-crystal in the original post - that the comments about his knee soreness are very similar as prior to the last relapse.

Please read again - it seems you missed it.

Alpine is merely saying what Killer is quoted as saying draws disturbing parallels with what he said last "comeback." I noticed it as well and was worried as any supporter would be.

Noted. Still does not warrant the "panic" question imo.

Last time round Killer was in discomfort during the games - feeling the knee etc. By all accounts he was ok during the game.

I read the quote differently to you and Alpine. Maybe my glass is half full!

Fingers crossed his knee being sore is "just" a natural reaction to 90mins of proper action and that he will be fine.

I really hope he's ok, he will be vital to us this season.

It would be gutting if he did just get injured again, I would feel so sorry fot him after how hard he's worked to get back into the team.

Hopefully he will be all rested and raring to go for the big game on Saturday, he obviously won't play again tomorrow. I'm sure Thomas will want to prove a point as well.

I to have had a total of 8 ops now on my knees. Too much sking and footy when I was younger.

We start football team pre-season training a week today here in the Italian alps. I'm also a skier so you have my sympathies. I must have taken care of myself when I was younger as mine are dodgy but functional, and that's not bad at 53. Did 45 minutes in a game the other day, but can't say I want to do more than come off the bench.

As for MS: I don't think people were being negative when they said be realistic about his chances. Some of it was probably on the basis that some people bet against Saints. If we win they're happy but have a consolation if we don't. I think even 1 90 minutes is fantastic and he has my full admiration.

Hope he scores his first goal at SMS!:-)

The problem will be that every time he takes a knock and starts hobbling around we fans will have a massive collective cardiac arrest. I think prayer mats might well be in order for Saturday. If we have to hold our breath at every game for every tackle he makes then surely the question will arise "is it worth it?"

The problem will be that every time he takes a knock and starts hobbling around we fans will have a massive collective cardiac arrest. I think prayer mats might well be in order for Saturday. If we have to hold our breath at every game for every tackle he makes then surely the question will arise "is it worth it?"

What?

I have to say Killer's return is one of the few good things in modern football. A footballer who's put himself through physical and mental barrier's in order to get back to playing the sport he loves. However long it lasts in a game now dominated by lack of loyalty and money i'll be cheering him on. There have been nay sayers on this board for ages, knocking his attempts to come back. I can't understand their mindset. People should leave off second guessing him and just enjoy the sensation of having someone at saints who's playing for the love of playing and leave him to be the judge of his own body.

Amen to that brother!

In the article "Killer's Comeback" on the OS, there are some worrying comments from Killer about his knee. I seem to recall similar comments being made just before his last relapse.

I do hope this is different this time. He could be essential to survival this season. I just cant help fearing his comeback has been rushed...

imo he should hang up his boots whtle the going is good...and not risk a wheel chair...he could be non playing captain like golf and tennis

Just back from holiday to find that I have to pay £5 if I want to share my wisdom more than three times a day. And then I find that the first thread to catch my eye is an "oh dear, the world is ending, and why is everything so crap?" one from Alpine (who, in a strange way, I've missed for the past few months). And, despite this, I've signed up.

Back on subject, Svensson has decided he wants to play and, as long as he adds more to the team by his presence than he subtracts, we should all welcome him and sing his praises. If he does sustain a serious injury, or his old one recurs, then we will cope without him as we would any other player but there's no evidence yet that that has happened.

Honestly, Svennson's comeback is something I never thought would happen. I am so glad it has and will enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Well that's ****e.

Bad times. I fear for our survival, without Svensson or Davies at the back we're going to be terrible. Terrible news for Svensson, he must have worked so hard to get back to full fitness only to get injured again after his first proper game.

Hopefully it's just a minor set back and he will be back.

Well that's ****e.

Bad times. I fear for our survival, without Svensson or Davies at the back we're going to be terrible. Terrible news for Svensson, he must have worked so hard to get back to full fitness only to get injured again after his first proper game.

Hopefully it's just a minor set back and he will be back.

TBH I'm not going to take anything anyone says on here as fact.

I have heard from someone who KNOWS svensson he has hurt his knee,and doesnt look great.also he hasnt been given a contract and is on a pay as you play deal and isnt happy with that.

And who is this person you are hiding from us that gives you inside information? Bullsh1t if you ask me.

I have heard from someone who KNOWS svensson he has hurt his knee,and doesnt look great.also he hasnt been given a contract and is on a pay as you play deal and isnt happy with that.

Well if he has hurt his knee, then putting him on a pay as you play contract would now look like a bloody good bit of business wouldn't it? Imagine the uproar if we'd given him a three year contract and he only managed to play one game.

What you're saying doesn't really add up though. If he knows his knee is ****ged, why would he be unhappy that he hasn't been given a contract? Svensson isn't the type of person who would try and milk the club.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=10442

bizarre publicity for player not playing again??!! poor info imho

Agreed! JP has already said that Svensson is not up to three games a week at the moment but may well be later in the season....that was said earlier this week and I think concerning the Exeter game.

The other 'inside info' doesn't add up to me either....

Wouldn't say that is entirely true. At this point in time I am not expecting promotion, but I may revise that as the season unfolds. Particularly once we are taken over .......

;)

LOL .... who said comedy was dead ...........

... " Taken In " you meant .... and we've already been that

" Taken In " you meant .... and we've already been that

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but it was only a throwaway line and slightly off topic. There are already too many threads on THAT particular topic......

Has his knee settled down then ?
He was never going to play at Exeter and always feels soreness after playing. Your observation at the start of the thread was reasonable as you could see a similarity to before and so I dont criticise you for voicing your/our fears.

Svennson "the knee feels fine after last weeks match" and signs a new contract, we really do get some allegedly in the know crap posted.

It would help if people who don't know anything refrain from posting rubbish.

Svennson "the knee feels fine after last weeks match" and signs a new contract, we really do get some allegedly in the know crap posted.

It would help if people who don't know anything refrain from posting rubbish.

I really despair at the inability to read on here sometimes, like a 13 year-old doing a SATS test....

I reflected on how his "soreness" comments sounded like deja vu from his last relapse, and expressed my concern that maybe this was another such relapse, thats all. I never claimed ITK.

I really despair at the inability to read on here sometimes, like a 13 year-old doing a SATS test....

I reflected on how his "soreness" comments sounded like deja vu from his last relapse, and expressed my concern that maybe this was another such relapse, thats all. I never claimed ITK.

not normally one to stick up for you, but you maybe doing yourself a dis-service here. Your initial post, although typically bleak was posing a question -it was others on here who spouted rubbish saying he was out -and I think this is what the poster is referring to -the total made up rubbish on here once again.

Alpine etc, I had no problem with the starting post or the discussion that followed.

The above post was the one I targeted. The information was even capitalised to emphasise the in the know factor and is clearly uninformed rubbish. Posts like this are not part of a discussion or an attempt to seek information. It is clearly posting rubbish claiming it to be substantiated.

That is why I find these sort of posts rediculous.