Points From Next 5 Games

Saint Charlie

So - decent run coming up - what do we need and/or are likely to get:

I think we will get:

QPR Away - 1 point - better results for us than them

Newcastle Home - 1 point - tough team to play although suspect at the back without Collocini

Norwich Home - 3 points - have to win

Liverpool Away - 0 points - poor record there and they are finding a bit of form

Reading Home - 3 points - have to win

Total - 8 points from 5 games - would be happy with this ultimately, although if the results went like this we could be quite adrift at the start of the Norwich game.

Minimum Points Acceptable - 6 or 7 minimum

Will NA still be in charge when we play Sunderland Home 22nd Dec? - Hope so, but will be touch and go...

I think we will get:

Newcastle Home - 1 point - tough team to play although suspect at the back without Collocini

Liverpool Away - 0 points - poor record there and they are finding a bit of form

Total - 8 points from 5 games - would be happy with this ultimately, although if the results went like this we could be quite adrift at the start of the Norwich game.

Will NA still be in charge when we play Sunderland Home 22nd Dec? - Hope so, but will be touch and go...

The thing is, the margins are very fine. If you use the Sunderland game as the cut off point and we won, that would be 11 points added to your total which would actually be around 2 points a game average over this period.....which would be very good.

I hope Adkins and team come through this period, fail to pick up more than 6 points, staying up would look very unlikely indeed.

I think 8 points has to be the benchmark, 10 or more would be very good.

Either way we are going to in and around the relegation zone for the rest of the season IMO.

I can see this season being a last day shoot out, we just need to be in a position where our destiny is in our own hands.

I think 8 points has to be the benchmark, 10 or more would be very good.

Either way we are going to in and around the relegation zone for the rest of the season IMO.

I can see this season being a last day shoot out, we just need to be in a position where our destiny is in our own hands.

Agree - basically need to get back to 1 point per game overall which will just about keep you up - or at least puts you in a very good position to.

6 will do, have to beat the other two teams in the relegation zone though. 9 would be great going, Norwich should be beatable to get to that target.

Newcastle and Liverpool anything can happen and a result against either to take it into double figures would be a dream right now! Just have to beat Reading and QPR more than anything else, can't get dragged down with them.

Jesus, how arrogant are some of our fans ?

Perfectly reasonable to say we have to beat the other two teams in the relegation zone otherwise we are going to struggle to get back into the rest of the pack.

Plus QPR are a complete mess at the moment and Reading really haven't bought all that well either, couldn't have a better time to face them both.

Yes, but last week was the first of our 'easier' fixtures. We could easily go on a bit of a run now - probably wouldn't haev said that when we were playing Everton/Man Utd/Arsenal etc.

Fulham was pretty easy as it gets. Dire dire performance by them with their entire attacking force injured

Wigan should have been a win

We shall see, last week, despite all the excitement about how good we played, we still hardly troubled their reserve keeper and still gave away a stupid goal

Why should that all of a sudden change?

Perfectly reasonable to say we have to beat the other two teams in the relegation zone otherwise we are going to struggle to get back into the rest of the pack.

Plus QPR are a complete mess at the moment and Reading really haven't bought all that well either, couldn't have a better time to face them both.

I agree with you about the timing

If we win away at the weekend, no good drawing at home to reading

However, if we lose? What will that say about us?

Fulham and Swansea should have been home-bankers if we had a half-competent team. We wasted both home games. They must have been laughing their tits off.

So we drew both of those. Fulham we were also missing some key players.

However, you feel we will lose at home to both Norwich and Reading. Why?

So we drew both of those. Fulham we were also missing some key players.

However, you feel we will lose at home to both Norwich and Reading. Why?

Well Reading beat us last year, for me thats a total non-argument. Theyve not been exactly progressing, but they havent been going backwards like us.

Norwich for me have done well past couple of years, and will be better than us on the day.

In fact, I am having trouble understanding how anyone can construct an argument that we will beat them.

Well Reading beat us last year, for me thats a total non-argument. Theyve not been exactly progressing, but they havent been going backwards like us.

Norwich for me have done well past couple of years, and will be better than us on the day.

In fact, I am having trouble understanding how anyone can construct an argument that we will beat them.

So Reading beat us last year and thats a non argument. So when we play West Ham at home would you say that we will beat them because we did last year? I doubt it.

If we have gone backwards then so have Reading. We finished one place below them last year and are the same now - we are both in the same situation.

QPR - D

Newcastle - L

Norwich - L

Liverpool - D

Reading - L

2 points. Adkins gone either following QPR or Reading.

Bit optimistic for you Alpine, 2 draws in next 5 games. Surely in your world we will lose both.

I think if we can get a win against QPR which we should, because they are rubbish, we could get a win against the Barcodes as well. They are not as good as some think. However we will have to score at least twice because Mike Williamson will score against us. No reason to suppose we can't beat Norwich. A draw against Liverpool is a reasonable expectation and a win against Reading is surely a real possibility. Of course not all of that will happen, but I seriously believe all 5 games are winnable, but we will probably end up with 8 or 9 points from them in total which would be acceptable.

A chain is as strong as its weakest link, and we have been losing games because of defensive screw ups.

Please explain how our defence has improved.

For that game Yoshida had to play full back because Clyne was injured plus Richardson got injured after 5mins and Hooiveld played and scored two ogs and wasnt meant to be in the lineup.

I actually said we have a better team out now, which is clearly true because Ramirez was also missing for Fulham as was Cork.

Can you answer the questions of how a reasonable argument for Reading to beat us is that they "did last year so non argument to suggest otherwise".

For that game Yoshida had to play full back because Clyne was injured plus Richardson got injured after 5mins and Hooiveld played and scored two ogs and wasnt meant to be in the lineup.

I actually said we have a better team out now, which is clearly true because Ramirez was also missing for Fulham as was Cork.

Can you answer the questions of how a reasonable argument for Reading to beat us is that they "did last year so non argument to suggest otherwise".

Reading will beat us because they have a better defence than we do.

Actually according to Alpine they will beat us because they did last year. FACT.

Whatever. Argue with yourself. My prediction is that they will beat us - they were better than us last season, and we've gone backwards. I think those of you predicting up to 10 points from 15 considering our record of 5 from 33 are barking...

I think we will get:

These points are available, but are they realistic? Or available?

Whatever. Argue with yourself. My prediction is that they will beat us - they were better than us last season, and we've gone backwards. I think those of you predicting up to 10 points from 15 considering our record of 5 from 33 are barking...

I'd argue that we were better than them last year.

I firmly believe we are about to enter a winter wonderland!

QPR – Win

Newcastle – Win

Norwich – Win

Liverpool – Win

Reading – Win

I think I’m right in saying that a 6th straight win against Sunderland on Dec 22 would be a premiership record for us!

All of which makes it particularly irritating that the world is predicted to end on 21.12..2012 :cry:

Even though the league table and results said otherwise?

Yes - he is aware of the league table and that they were 2 points ahead of us. Real won La Liga but Barca are still better IMO just like Utd are better than City.

I would bet us on to beat Reading at SMS.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I hoped we'd get 3 wins from W brom/Swans/QPR/Newc/Norwich, we still might ;) !

Lets judge NA now he has a full squad to choose from - definite green shoots last week against Swansea, a game we could and should have won.

A win at QPR would be perfect but I would take a low-scoring draw with no defensive F-ups now.

QPR .... D?

NEWC ... D

NORW ... W

LIVP .... L

READG .... W

Maybe 7 or 8 points, not really enough but will show we are going in the right direction.

We need to stay in touch till the window or else our Jan options will be very limited (still going to be pretty limited anyway imho).