***SWF Agenda Amnesty***

Saint Charlie

I am a fanatical happy clapper:rolleyes:

But of late...my hands have become very sore:lol:

Slow down Saints or may have to start waving my scarf to save the hands:D

Good stuff.

I have noticed the rise of tactical hispters since our good form began, both here and on other sites. Constant stream of articles reviewing how we play and basically all saying the same thing.

Good stuff.

I have noticed the rise of tactical hispters since our good form began, both here and on other sites. Constant stream of articles reviewing how we play and basically all saying the same thing.

Oh yah totes agree I mean we are pressing high up the pitch with a high line and a false number 9.....

Oh yah totes agree I mean we are pressing high up the pitch with a high line and a false number 9.....

It's not even always in relation to Saints. Noticed a fair few commentators talking about the high press within games as if it's something which is switched on and off.

Would like to hear from the9. Is he generally more critical than others of some of our players and our tatics because his agenda is that he feels he was a better player than them in non-league? Does he have a chip on his shoulder because he never made it to the big time?

I have four :

1) Wanting to be treated like a customer whose business is worth having when I WANT to spend money on Saints stuff (this covers anything I might say about ticket taxes and car park charges) and

2) The Lambert thing. I don't believe he's mobile enough to maximise our attacking options, especially in away matches. I also have concerns that if we don't treat him with sports science kid gloves that he's unlikely to stay fit. For some reason we go through phases of playing like he's on the pitch when he isn't, which is bizarre and not helpful to the likes of Mayuka who could excel with the right kind of passes, and for added measure I also think Ramirez's vision and creativity is being stifled by not having a mobile striker to get in on the end of his through balls. Lambert still has some value to us from his ability to make a ball stick up the field, but that's just not enough if other teams know to defend against it and that he won't offer a threat from most other situations.

3) I'm behind Adkins and don't think he's made any substitutions or tactical decisions that can't be simply explained, and it irritates the hell out of me that people bang on about his "mistakes". The squad isn't strong enough - who is to blame for that - so all substitutions are going to look dubious but there's almost always benefit to bringing on fresh legs and protecting our players from fatigue and injury.

4) I never, EVER want to see a Chairman on the cover of any football programme.

Update:

1) Still the same, not been addressed yet and if anything the ticket office has got worse.

2) We have now signed Osvaldo who is that "next level" and in the last away match used him as a lone striker with Lambert on the bench for the first time in the Prem under Pochettino. Lambert has remained remarkably resilient throughout, and I'm pleased he's looking like he has a shot at going to the World Cup with England, but he is very gradually going to be phased out in the next year or two (I've now been saying that for about 2 and a half years).

I've reassessed my opinion on Ramirez in the light of another 11 months of non-achievement, he's slid down the pecking order appropriately, and he's pretty much on his last few chances with Saints, though he has talent, we haven't seen much of it and others are simply better suited at the moment.

3) After a difficult transition period, I am behind the new manager, also still comfortable that Adkins did about as well as he could with the squad he had at the time, but this is a non-factor at the moment as no-one's having a pop at the manager at the moment.

4) He's doing quite well at this, at least. :)

Would like to hear from the9. Is he generally more critical than others of some of our players and our tatics because his agenda is that he feels he was a better player than them in non-league? Does he have a chip on his shoulder because he never made it to the big time?

Spooky, I was just reading through the thread and... see above.

In terms of being generally more critical, I just thought that if we were legitimately aiming for European football we'd have to do a lot better than be reliant on one over 30 year old, and have said for ages we needed to sign someone more mobile to play up front alone in away matches. We've done that, and hopefully he'll show us what he is still showing Italy fans.

Aside from taking a couple of weeks to accept that Wanyama just can't pass when he has time, and that he wins it back more often than he gives it away so I can deal with that, I don't think I've been generally more critical of anyone else, and I think our tactics under Pochettino have been excellent with the exception of Pochettino's experimental period at the end of last season.

Regarding my personal abilities, much as I'd love to have been a "proper" footballer I learned enough at the level I did get to, to know that my body wouldn't have sustained the amount of training needed to get much further, and my brain would have started to get bored with football when my enthusiasm and effort was always a big part of my game. The biggest problem I have nowadays is that I've been relatively crap since I knackered my knee 13 years ago and most of my peers here have only seen the over-30, knee knacked version who doesn't run much. :)

Spooky, I was just reading through the thread and... see above.

In terms of being generally more critical, I just thought that if we were legitimately aiming for European football we'd have to do a lot better than be reliant on one over 30 year old, and have said for ages we needed to sign someone more mobile to play up front alone in away matches. We've done that, and hopefully he'll show us what he is still showing Italy fans.

Aside from taking a couple of weeks to accept that Wanyama just can't pass when he has time, and that he wins it back more often than he gives it away so I can deal with that, I don't think I've been generally more critical of anyone else, and I think our tactics under Pochettino have been excellent with the exception of Pochettino's experimental period at the end of last season.

Regarding my personal abilities, much as I'd love to have been a "proper" footballer I learned enough at the level I did get to, to know that my body wouldn't have sustained the amount of training needed to get much further, and my brain would have started to get bored with football when my enthusiasm and effort was always a big part of my game. The biggest problem I have nowadays is that I've been relatively crap since I knackered my knee 13 years ago and most of my peers here have only seen the over-30, knee knacked version who doesn't run much. :)

Appreciate the reply and the honesty mate, it's what the amnesty is all about : )

I do find myself agreeing with your posts fairly frequently, I was just interested to know how and why you form some of the opinions you do, especially in the striking department and I seem to remember you being a little underwhelmed regarding our style of play a few games ago. Still of that opinion or are you appreciating the sacrifice made on occassion of our forward play?

Appreciate the reply and the honesty mate, it's what the amnesty is all about : )

I do find myself agreeing with your posts fairly frequently, I was just interested to know how and why you form some of the opinions you do, especially in the striking department and I seem to remember you being a little underwhelmed regarding our style of play a few games ago. Still of that opinion or are you appreciating the sacrifice made on occassion of our forward play?

I was pretty scathing about how boring I thought we were against West Ham, because I thought we'd overcompensated defensively and had become terribly dull and unentertaining in doing so, but a few things have changed my mind.

Firstly I rewatched that particular game, and though I was bored when I was there, we created enough chances to win that match, we just missed them. Also, it has to be considered in the context of having just lost without scoring at Norwich, and being the only point Sunderland got in their first 8 matches, which were the two games immediately before failing to score at home to West Ham.

Then we got a result at Liverpool which changed pretty much everything, based on an excellent defensive performance allied to the ability to still create chances. The next few games we got good results without compromising our attacking, and I just got used to Wanyama's limitations - plus he was no longer stifling our attacking abilities at source, as we'd learned to work around it and still create things. Finally, who in their right mind is going to criticise anything about the balance or tactics since that West Ham match? Four 2-0 home wins, a win at Anfield and a draw away to Man U is excellent form.

We're doing well, and though I think we might be in a little bit of a false position (4 of the next 5 games are away inc the Lge Cup), if we're in the top 6 and League Cup at Christmas we've got a shout of achieving something, which is an outstanding achievement.

Calling for Roger to reveal his Agenda and source of his hatred of Lallana?

I hadn't even noticed he didn't like Lallana, I must be having a life or something. Now if he was just slating Rodriguez, Osvaldo, Rowe, Lee, Guly, Sinclair, Seager, Barnard and Forte I reckon I could work it out. :D

I hadn't even noticed he didn't like Lallana, I must be having a life or something. Now if he was just slating Rodriguez, Osvaldo, Rowe, Lee, Guly, Sinclair, Seager, Barnard and Forte I reckon I could work it out. :D

He said he is just "rubbish". Weird really. I suspect he has a deep routed agenda.

• 6 months later...

Ive changed my Agenda so best clarify:

Currently unsure of the new Board who seem a bit out of their depth.

I know we wont be challenging for titles etc, but as end of the day with all the good players and Manager we came 8th.

I fear if we lose MP and a couple of our best players (plus JR injured) then we may do a WBA next season and struggle.

Having met RK he is a positive guy but I don't think he understands how cut-throat football is.

In 6 months the new Board have barely done anything on the football side whilst a lot of issues remain unresolved.

I don't know how you can judge ralf on anything

It would have been hard enough to keep everyone had NC been here. I don't think it would be unreasonable to think we would have lost shaw or Morgan had NC stayed. But any more than 1 of those two, including the manager would lean me towards "they are out of their depth" side of things

Fully backing the new board, admiring their quiet confidence and looking forward to the new plan. As well as entrusting them to do everything for the best interests of the club.

Lol, you used this line before on another thread, come up with something original next time.

Pretty much similar to be honest. I think we will eventually miss NC, as much as he wasa tit its hard to argue with the legacy that he has left us. I disagree with some of the talk regarding why he has gone, think its more to do with the fact that KL and himself failed to agree with the next step... Rightly or wrongly I do t know.

The new board, done nothing to impress me yet. Its still all too quiet, admittedly as before but we were sold on certain transparancies which I just dont think we are getting. Ive openly admitted that I dont trust they want to push on from where we are, or more importantly, they dont want to overly fund a progression. I may be wrong, I hope I am, but I dont think they really know what they want yet, and I think thats been transcended to MoPo and the players.