***SWF Agenda Amnesty***

Saint Charlie

My agenda is to try to see the other fella's point of view, to present an alternative perspective, to speak up for those unable or unwilling to speak up for themselves. To try to see that there are no unalienable truths, just alternative versions of reality. To try to see the good in everybody and everything.

I don't have an agenda. I was a kinda Lowe luvvie, but believed he had to go as the fan base had become so fractured. I was a big fan of Cortese until this Summer, but I honestly believe there is some mismanagement of the club going on. I really like Adkins, but became frustrated with his strange decisions at the beginning of the Season. Hopefully he can build on last week in fielding his best side and not taking our best players off.

I feel that compared to previous Seasons we are vastly under-prepared, and frankly I'm worried.

I also find it frustrating when some people on the board try to suppress others opinions for no reason other than a differing point of view...

I love the word 'lambasted'.

I love the Saints, and although I find it difficult, when we lose it upsets me. I don't cry though. I'm brave.

Bearsy is hilarious.

I guess these are actually more observations than an agenda.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint

My Agenda is to call as I see it.

If NC does something good, give him credit, if he does something bad, critisize him. That goes for NA, MLT rupes and anyone else who is associated with the saints - I think balance is the word I am looking for.

Non football - Get Bear to start book 2 of 50 shades and Tokyo to recommence japanese lessons - I cannot believe he is letting our education suffer in order to post on SuperMikey "Zombie Apocolypse" thread. Shame on you.

Having read through this thread I feel need to add one other thing I find confusing/slighty annoying is the whole "Nigel must be given time he desveres his chance" brigade. It's not that I disagree with the sentiment it's just when people say that and then in another thread you see them slagging off players "Kelvin is crap we should of got rid of him", "Dean Hammond is **** good thing we got rid, "Billy Sharp...****'im". Again I might agree that these players might not hack it in the PL I just don't get why people think Nigel should get loyalty for the last two seasons but the players who helped Nigel deliver back to back promotions didn't/don't deserve loyalty.

Having read through this thread I feel need to add one other thing I find confusing/slighty annoying is the whole "Nigel must be given time he desveres his chance" brigade. It's not that I disagree with the sentiment it's just when people say that and then in another thread you see them slagging off players "Kelvin is crap we should of got rid of him", "Dean Hammond is **** good thing we got rid, "Billy Sharp...****'im". Again I might agree that these players might not hack it in the PL I just don't get why people think Nigel should get loyalty for the last two seasons but the players who helped Nigel deliver back to back promotions didn't/don't deserve loyalty.

Its because those players clearly weren't Prem standard. Nigel IMO could be given some time and better defensive options.

I don't get exactly what these agendas are supposed to be. From what I can see we all want what is best for our football club.

I am very happy with the people running the club but do think there can be some improvements and am a happy to highlight what I see as mistakes.

I think the "they saved our club so we should shut up" attitude of many on here is spineless and hypocritical. I also believe that if anyone involved in the running of the club were to read this spaz board (I seriously doubt they ever would) they would appreciate honest frank feedback.

My main gripe with Cortese is his lack of respect for the supporters and history and traditions of the club. I think his stance has a negative impact on the club. I don't want him to leave, just change for the better.

I don't think camparing the attributes of managers is as easy as a player. Much of a managers style is never seen by fans unlike the players who are seen week in week out.

Also, whether a manager can cut it or not in the prem is much more subjective. Hughes for example has masses of prem experience as player and manager compared to Adkins, has money to spend yet is struggling like us. Can anyone clearly articulate the differences in managers like we can with players?

I already answered that one the last time you posted it, it's because each individual player can be replaced only impacting on 1/11th of the overall team, whilst the manager is inherent in everything all 11 of them do. So making the change in manager is a much more significant change.

Its because those players clearly weren't Prem standard. Nigel IMO could be given some time and better defensive options.

I don't think camparing the attributes of managers is as easy as a player. Much of a managers style is never seen by fans unlike the players who are seen week in week out.

Also, whether a manager can cut it or not in the prem is much more subjective. Hughes for example has masses of prem experience as player and manager compared to Adkins, has money to spend yet is struggling like us. Can anyone clearly articulate the differences in managers like we can with players?

I already answered that one the last time you posted it, it's because each individual player can be replaced only impacting on 1/11th of the overall team, whilst the manager is inherent in everything all 11 of them do. So making the change in manager is a much more significant change.

All perfectly good answers. I'm not arguing weather the players let go were good enough or if Nigel is good enough.

What I'm getting at is the loyalty issue. Some posters seem to think we owe Nigel loyalty for what he has achieved, so far, and some posters are happy to given him that loyalty even if he fails. Yet they don't feel that the players that got us up deserve any loyalty. It's just interesting who the fans think we should or shouldn't be loyal to it seems to me that if loyalty for past deeds (rather than his current form) is our reason for keeping Nigel on we should have shown the same standards for the players........but that's just my agenda:)

The last time I was accused of having a 'agenda' on here was when someone dared to imply - but lacked the guts to state it unambiguously - that I must be some sort of vicious racist because I don't happen to rate Guly!

Back on planet Earth I don't think I have any set agenda aside from the desire to get my point of view across. Now I may be right or I may be wrong, but I call each issue as I see it without fear or favour to anyone.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I say they because without Cortese's introduction, Markus wouldn't have purchased us. They came as a pair.

Yes, Markus might have stumbled on us himself, but Nicola Cortese recommended us to him as a prospect, and under Cortese's advice he ended up taking us on. Ifs, buts and maybes do not come into it for me, those where the two men responsible for our survival three and a half years ago.

Chez, and anyone else who sees Nicola Cortese as a mere sideshow, I would welcome your opinion on the above statement made by Markus Liebherr on our own official website after he took us over.

There might be a `they' in `they saved the club' but there certainly isn't a `their' in `their money saved the club'. Get it? No money from Cortese so stop posting statements like "they put their money where their mouths are".

They were not a partnership. Cortese recommended the club to him. That was Cortese's job. He advised billionaires such as Markus on possible ventures. I thank him for spotting the value in our club. In fact I have no problem in Cortese being lauded for being instrumental in Markus coming here, but don't rewrite history. Cortese did not dip into his savings to save us any more than I did.

My agenda is to try to see the other fella's point of view, to present an alternative perspective, to speak up for those unable or unwilling to speak up for themselves. To try to see that there are no unalienable truths, just alternative versions of reality. To try to see the good in everybody and everything.

Are you Martin Luther King or Gandhi?

Still more agendas out there waiting to be aired. Together we will all make the mong friday amnesty a day where people look back in history and think "something changed on that day".

There are still a few of those named that have so far chosen not to reveal their agenda. Plus plenty of other lurkers.

1) I am always right, even when I'm wrong.

2) I admre Cortese, Reed and the other people who run the club for laying out a strategy and sticking to it. Often the long-term future of the club is better served when the manager doesn't always get what he wants. While I don't agree with everything they do, we're better off with them than without them. We need them to sustain any sort of success, so they have my backing.

3) I am fully behind NA. The man has tactics coming out of his ears and it's only a matter of time before we get the right one and the players fall into it. Just please don't slide back into the 442. With Adkins style of playing out from the back and playling through the middle, it just doesn't work at this level. Those things (not the 442) are part of what Adkins is about, so don't change them, but make sure that we do the best we can with what we've got. I'm very much a football modernist - we need to be at the cutting edge to stay in touch. If that means leaving out a popular player to make something work then so be it.

Long time lurker here.

Cortese - Concerned about the various rumours about finance. Any real additions to the squad would have to be financed from loans or another gift from the liebherrs, so can just about accept it. The club needs a strong leader and nicola is that if nothing else. Pleased he's kept his silence over the whole MLT situation, any response would almost certainly end up with a war and thats the last thing the club needs right now!

Adkins - I would stick with him, he's learning and will only get better. Can't really see an obvious alternative anyway and i think stability is the key. i'd give him this season and then review it.

Pompey - ROFL

I’d like people to understand that the following two perceptions are not mutually exclusive and that it is possible for people to accommodate both perceptions simultaneously without being agendaists:

Perception 1

In recent years, Nicola Cortese has overseen the resurrection of the club and in doing so has brought much happiness to the fans.

Perception 2

In recent months, Nicola Cortese has overseen failings at the club and has alienated former players, manager, potential corporate subscribers, local businesses, local media and others.

Also,

I'd like to build the world a home

And furnish it with love

Grow apple trees and honey bees

And snow-white turtle doves....

Don't be ridiculous. Any thread that borders on Humerous or going slightly off topic needs to be deleted or locked.

Lets keep this on topic and respect the agendas of others (rule 2 of thread).

IMO it would be worth stickying this thread to provide a useful reference for the various agendas that make up the mongboard. Rather than bite in a thread, just check this thread, see the agenda of the poster and see if that adds context to what they post.

Still hoping Delldays, FF and more lurkers will reveal their agendas.

The phrase 'having an agenda' pops up on various threads - usually as a hint that the posters opinion is based upon a deep rooted belief or bias about a certain aspect of the club, for example Dalek has a clear obession with Glenn Hoddle and agenda for the club to admit they should have brought him back.

These agendas are often kept under wraps - some become clear over time whilst the ethos of some posters is harder to fathom.

Today is the day when these agendas are brought to the table - voluntarily - with no fear of retibution or ridicule. Today is the SWF Agenda Amnesty 2012.

Rules

1. State your agenda which you feel might better explain some of your posts.

2. Respect others who chose to reveal their adgenda - no negativity should be displayed towards any poster.

3. Refrain from allowing the thread to be taken over by a minority.

4. Celebrate the diversity of agendas on the SWF - have fun!

The Agenda Amnesty is open for business. To begin I will reveal my agenda, and would also particularly urge the following more high profile posters to bring theirs to the party in the interests of transparency:

Manji

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Dig Dig - Complete, see posts 24 & 34

Turkish - Complete, see post 20

Alpine Saint - Complete, see post 6

Fitzhugh Fella

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

Kraken -Complete, see post 28

DellDays

Morph

miltonroader07 - Complete, see post 13

Bearsy - Complete, see post 29

Hypochondriac

SWF Agenda Amnesty is LIVE and will remain open til Sunday 11.59pm. Mods - please make this a sticky for today.

Being a saints fan and a football fan in general the agenda changes week by week. Sometimes critical, sometimes joking. But hopefully always open to more informed information.

In terms of Saints; they're my team. Little concerned about the slump and the necessity of Cayman Island loans for a debt-free club with rich owners. Pretty bloody depressing watching them at the moment, if I'm honest.

On Adkins, genuinely 50/50. Didn't vote in any of the polls because I have no clear opinion either way. My hope is that he stays and turns around our fortunes, but if he stays and we falter further, I think it's a bad deal for all concerned, including Nigel. QPR is crucial.

On a personal level, I do enjoy a debate. Can't say that I'm entirely pure in motive. Been guilty of engaging in a few feuds, but try to pull people up on their posts most of the time; rather than the usual "you're only a troll because you can't see your own cock" comeback. Pure wumming? Sometimes. It's a laugh.

My agenda has been explained before Ineeded to.

I would just like to state that my agenda with Glenn Hoddle in 2004 was fro those in the club and equally the fans that protested his re-appointment admit that it was an error that seriously damaged the clubs future. I have not got an agenda about re-appointing Glenn Hoddle now and have been a fervent supporter of NA and stability.

More recently have been to bring to the fore that the club, whilst wanting to stay up as a priority, have made an allowance for relegation and planned to follow a sustainable 'yoyo' strategy as necessary.

My agenda

To have an opinion about nothing but to spout thousands of words on the subject

To live long enough to see Alpine get his points across without short sharp and biting responses

To see Dalek proven to be right

To be online when dannysfc uses punctuation

To out the evil NC for stealing my plans for world domination

To get MLT to say in public what he said to me & EoA after 57 Malibu & Cokes a couple of years ago

But, most importantly to continue to use this forum to find a way to create a multi zillion pound business in coffee over laptop keyboard remedies

I would love to have a more serious agenda but unfortunately having had to rely on DM for so many years in the widlerness and occassional beer hazed glimpses of the TV screen in the pub, I don't find myself qualified enough to be sensible about anything. (Which is kinda how I roll in general)