***SWF Agenda Amnesty***

Saint Charlie

My agenda

To have an opinion about nothing but to spout thousands of words on the subject

To live long enough to see Alpine get his points across without short sharp and biting responses

To see Dalek proven to be right

To be online when dannysfc uses punctuation

To out the evil NC for stealing my plans for world domination

To get MLT to say in public what he said to me & EoA after 57 Malibu & Cokes a couple of years ago

But, most importantly to continue to use this forum to find a way to create a multi zillion pound business in coffee over laptop keyboard remedies

I would love to have a more serious agenda but unfortunately having had to rely on DM for so many years in the widlerness and occassional beer hazed glimpses of the TV screen in the pub, I don't find myself qualified enough to be sensible about anything. (Which is kinda how I roll in general)

MLT drinks malibu and Coke? WTF... definitely gone down in my estimations if he drinks such a 16 year old girly drink...

Continue Philip.

Only after every TSW poster on here read "I am The Secret Footballer" so that 90% of what gets posted can be seen as "being a tad out of date"

Oh and FWIW at the time it was posted and was an instrumental part in finally getting the incredibly annoying 19C to make his final fatal mistake and self implode. It would be good to have had it come out publicly though instead of the hungover recollections of Dubai's two finest stalkers.

Oh, and Frank. What a let down. After all these years you've FINALLY exposed yourself as a Skate Plant not a Saints fan.

C'mon, EVERY true Saint has read his autobiography and knows what he drinks. You'll be telling us you didn't know he plays golf next :p

Only after every TSW poster on here read "I am The Secret Footballer" so that 90% of what gets posted can be seen as "being a tad out of date"

Oh and FWIW at the time it was posted and was an instrumental part in finally getting the incredibly annoying 19C to make his final fatal mistake and self implode. It would be good to have had it come out publicly though instead of the hungover recollections of Dubai's two finest stalkers.

Oh, and Frank. What a let down. After all these years you've FINALLY exposed yourself as a Skate Plant not a Saints fan.

C'mon, EVERY true Saint has read his autobiography and knows what he drinks. You'll be telling us you didn't know he plays golf next :p

Nah - all footballers play golf, its a given - darn my cover is blown... or should I ad a Wooosh! next time?

I probably have a few agendas. Primarily I view SFC as one of a number of things I take an interest in. It's an important part of my life sure, but then so is a number of other things such as my relationships, my work and my little cousins. I occasionally go to visit a disabled boy who I used to look after (I saw him this morning) and that puts things into perspective about things like football. I'm very lucky that I can decide how I wish to spend my time and be independent. Saints for me is mostly a social thing because I can talk to my mates down the pub about it and it cheers us all up when saints put in a decent shift and win for a change. I actually have a number of decent memories after we got relegated such as derby away in the playoffs (despite losing we did ourselves proud), West Brom away that same season, Sheffield United pitch invasion and then standing with the home fans at Exter away or taking over the supporters club at Walsall and winning at Milwall last year. Despite most of these being wins, I have become increasingly of the opinion that whilst it is nice to get a win, the result is not actually the most important thing. I think I differ quite a bit from some on here who consider the three points to be the only thing that matters but I have always supported my local club for a reason and that was not to have a success at any cost mentality.

What I have always admired about SFC is the support of the fans but also how the majority of the players had an affinity with the supporters and the club went that extra mile. This has manifested itself in many areas- I remember about ten years ago the club were very generous when I had a charity request for instance. I do feel saddened by what I have heard since Markus' death which is that Cortese has taken complete control in certain areas. Whilst I think making SFC into more of a business is good in some areas, I think sometimes a bit of common sense should be used. I don't like the likes of Benali or MLT being viewed as freeloaders by the likes of Nicola and I think we should celebrate all of our ex players who have been lucky enough to play for us. I think we are in danger sometimes of cost cutting to a ridiculous degree. SOmetimes something like letting ex players in for free into the corporate area (as long as they do not take the mick) may cost a little bit but the positive PR generated can actually repay that cost many times over. I think we have been guilty of this sort of thing in a few areas and that is sad. Another one of the things I have been most upset about was the flag debacle, especially as it is something I contributed to. I get the impression that SFC under the direction of Cortese now has no desire to engage with supporters other than when it is on their terms (such as the dinners which also appear to have been scrapped.) It's why I was dismayed when we lost the fans forum. Yes it was quite often a bit silly but at least it was a chance for any fan to go along and publicly question some things that the club do and it's something we are now denied.

Having said that, the other side of it is that I am pleased with how well we have done to get promotion. I like that saints largely bossed the division last season and got respect from teams after being the whipping boys for so long and having to learn some humility. My own opinion is that the majority of this success is down to the finance left by Markus and the momentum from our league one promotion but I do think that Nicola deserves credit for his initial appointment of Adkins. My concern from the summer was that we have changed our strategy suddenly and had some sort of grand plan for sweeping the division that I thought was implemented too early (maybe in a season or two) and was pretty much doomed to fail. I think that following the chat from Nicola and Adkins, something has changed and we are back on the right track hopefully to keep us up. Time will tell.

My main thing to bear in mind is that custodians like Nicola will come and go but to me the principles at SFC should always be the same. We should be a pleasure to deal with, treat our ex players with respect and most of all make the supporters feel valued. Many on here talk as if being hard, stubborn and difficult to deal with in most areas is a real strength and that we should always be like that. I disagree and I always want to see saints do well and be run correctly but without losing what I see as the values of the friendly, against all odds, battling club that I have loved for so many years. Hope that isn't too long and boring.

Can I also add that because I sometimes sit in the corporate area (as an uncle of mine is good friends with an old saints player), I probably get a more informed perspective about some things compared to some on here who have no connections to SFC. I mean it's easy to dismiss criticism from here but much harder to ignore information from saints legends or those who have won the FA cup for example.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There might be a `they' in `they saved the club' but there certainly isn't a `their' in `their money saved the club'. Get it? No money from Cortese so stop posting statements like "they put their money where their mouths are".

They were not a partnership. Cortese recommended the club to him. That was Cortese's job. He advised billionaires such as Markus on possible ventures. I thank him for spotting the value in our club. In fact I have no problem in Cortese being lauded for being instrumental in Markus coming here, but don't rewrite history. Cortese did not dip into his savings to save us any more than I did.

Sorry to dredge up an old discussion but i've just seen this response.

I am not arguing that Nicola Cortese hasn't put his own money in, he never had the wherewithal to do that. It is utterly indisputable that Leibherr's money wouldn't have gone into the club with Cortese's initial recommendation of Southampton FC and his ongoing commitment to manage the 'project' on Leibherr's behalf. The two were totally linked, they came in as either a pair or not at all. It wasn't just Leibherr's money that saved us, Nicola's commitment to the job also did. The initial statement which I shall post again to prevent further referral back to page one really is quite explicit.

Nicola has been pivotal in conceiving the purchase of the Club and making it happen. I am now delighted to entrust him with overseeing the Club's progress, development and achievement of success over the long term. Nicola and I have enjoyed a long business relationship and it was Nicola who convinced me about buying the Club. He then conducted what proved to be a very difficult process very expertly and professionally. Ultimately, it happened because Nicola was at all times focused on strong business and ethical principles. Since our early conversations about the deal I made it clear that I would only buy the Club if he remained involved following the purchase. I am therefore very happy that he has accepted the role as Executive Chairman

My Agenda: Saints are a fantastic club with a fearsome reputation of performing above expectations, achieving over-the-odds, and scaring the sh*t out of much bigger opposition, and I for one am proud that my team has such a "notorious" reputation. This reputation has been damaged in the post-MLT era by laziness, arrogance, over-confidence and lack of ambition amongst club personnel and fans alike. We roll over and let w*nky clubs tickle our tummy, and have a disgusting recent track record of grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory and allowing kack clubs end their massive losing run. I want the hunger and fear factor back. Starting with proper intense pre-season preparations and determined proactive transfer activity.

This.

I don't know if it's and agenda....but I hate the PL all money and hype.

I'd like to live in a fantasy world were football was always on a saturday at 3.00 or tuedsday at 7.45 and it didn't cost more than 20 quid to take me and the kids to watch saints play. A world were our players might not be the best around but they were committed and loved playing for saints...............oh and saints win most weeks and have really good cup runs.

So your fantasy world is 2010?

My Three-Pronged “Agenda”:

1) Be the Voice Of Reason. This forum has far too many extremes. On one end you have the blind optimists always in their rose-tinted glasses groundlessly convinced everything is OK, the team is doing well and we should all be happy. And on the other end is so-called ‘betwetters’ who, while may be correct in their presumption things are looking depressing, expound on the negativity and take joy in spreading the doom and gloom. Seemingly this gives them an impulsive rush and is the primary reason why they are here.

I am not here to get a rush, nor do I aim to appease everybody’s worries by the same token. “Cheer up” and “look on the bright side” have their place in any forum, but when there is no basis upon which to predicate the positivity, you are doing fellow posters more harm than good. I am here to open people’s eyes to the real world, what is really going wrong, what needs to be fixed and propose viable solutions. Likewise, I am always happy to spread joy and cheer when I know it is genuine, since being happy and enjoying life is what football is all about.

2) Lose the Dell-Size Mentality. Our Dell days are over. So many posters on here seem to not realize that. And with those days went all other preconceived small-time ideas of what Southampton FC should be and strive for. I remain convinced that we are more than capable of doing an Everton or Tottenham within the next five years, or even less. The chairman has ambitions, the manager has ambitions, the players have ambitions, therefore the club has ambitions. Anybody who thinks we are doomed to fighting relegation season after season in the premier league, assuming we stay there, shall be shown no sympathy from me.

We are a big club, by anyone’s standards. Solid financial backing, excellent stadium, wise board and management, experienced background staff, a strong core squad of premier league quality players and an academy to rival the best in the country, if not the world. Clubs in worse financial states and with fewer resources than us have achieved more on the pitch with the right philosophy. We can and will do the same, and have an exceptionally bright future. I am here to let fellow fans realize this and come to expect more, want more, hope for more, and dream bigger.

3) Promote Solidarity Amongst Forum Members. This may be a far-fetched idea based on the initial reception I got here, and the reputation that precedes me, but I remain steadfast to it. Petty arguments, temper tantrums, and meaningless, endless squabbles have no place in this forum of fans of this great club. We all love Southampton, we do. We all want the best for Southampton. We’re all Southampton fans til we die. The more we realize and appreciate this, the more we can have meaningful and productive discussion on what we can do together and how to best support our club.

I am hoping to pull the strings between forum members, make well-intentioned folks feel appreciated, bad-intentioned folks feel vilified, and make everybody feel welcome. Be the mod amongst non-mods, if you like. Nobody would come here unless they really care for this club. Nobody should feel unwelcome. Nobody should be treated unfairly. I aim to make everybody’s contribution on here feel worthwhile. After all we are, in the words of a recent legend, ‘together as one’.

1) Be the Voice Of Reason. This forum has far too many extremes. On one end you have the blind optimists always in their rose-tinted glasses groundlessly convinced everything is OK, the team is doing well and we should all be happy. And on the other end is so-called ‘betwetters’ who, while may be correct in their presumption things are looking depressing, expound on the negativity and take joy in spreading the doom and gloom. Seemingly this gives them an impulsive rush and is the primary reason why they are here.

I am not here to get a rush, nor do I aim to appease everybody’s worries by the same token. “Cheer up” and “look on the bright side” have their place in any forum, but when there is no basis upon which to predicate the positivity, you are doing fellow posters more harm than good. I am here to open people’s eyes to the real world, what is really going wrong, what needs to be fixed and propose viable solutions. Likewise, I am always happy to spread joy and cheer when I know it is genuine, since being happy and enjoying life is what football is all about.

2) Lose the Dell-Size Mentality. Our Dell days are over. So many posters on here seem to not realize that. And with those days went all other preconceived small-time ideas of what Southampton FC should be and strive for. I remain convinced that we are more than capable of doing an Everton or Tottenham within the next five years, or even less. The chairman has ambitions, the manager has ambitions, the players have ambitions, therefore the club has ambitions. Anybody who thinks we are doomed to fighting relegation season after season in the premier league, assuming we stay there, shall be shown no sympathy from me.

We are a big club, by anyone’s standards. Solid financial backing, excellent stadium, wise board and management, experienced background staff, a strong core squad of premier league quality players and an academy to rival the best in the country, if not the world. Clubs in worse financial states and with fewer resources than us have achieved more on the pitch with the right philosophy. We can and will do the same, and have an exceptionally bright future. I am here to let fellow fans realize this and come to expect more, want more, hope for more, and dream bigger.

3) Promote Solidarity Amongst Forum Members. This may be a far-fetched idea based on the initial reception I got here, and the reputation that precedes me, but I remain steadfast to it. Petty arguments, temper tantrums, and meaningless, endless squabbles have no place in this forum of fans of this great club. We all love Southampton, we do. We all want the best for Southampton. We’re all Southampton fans til we die. The more we realize and appreciate this, the more we can have meaningful and productive discussion on what we can do together and how to best support our club.

I am hoping to pull the strings between forum members, make well-intentioned folks feel appreciated, bad-intentioned folks feel vilified, and make everybody feel welcome. Be the mod amongst non-mods, if you like. Nobody would come here unless they really care for this club. Nobody should feel unwelcome. Nobody should be treated unfairly. I aim to make everybody’s contribution on here feel worthwhile. After all we are, in the words of a recent legend, ‘together as one’.

Got to say, that is genius sir. Well done.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint

5e7a9ehe.jpg

I'm off to hug a tree after reading that.

One of the best re-writes of the Jack Nicholson "why can't we all just get along" speech I've seen.

(That was the Jack Nicholson as President "Mars Attacks" speech where he ended up be shafted up the ***** by his audience)

Great post, 110_Persaint. Covers a lot of my feelings on the Saints.

I have to say, find this place depressing as f**k sometimes. I have lots of Saints conversations outside of this forum. People on here are much more miserable about our long-term prospects.

Great post, 110_Persaint. Covers a lot of my feelings on the Saints.

I have to say, find this place depressing as f**k sometimes. I have lots of Saints conversations outside of this forum. People on here are much more miserable about our long-term prospects.

Lol, don't get sucked in by that, you're better than that pap. The lad 100_Persaint should practise what he preaches. A couple of weeks ago he was preaching the tactical genius of MP, now he's talking about what a "muppet" he is. What was that he was saying about extremes and the voice of reason?

Lol, don't get sucked in by that, you're better than that pap. The lad 100_Persaint should practise what he preaches. A couple of weeks ago he was preaching the tactical genius of MP, now he's talking about what a "muppet" he is. What was that he was saying about extremes and the voice of reason?

We should all practice what we preach. I'm certainly guilty of ye olde hypocrisy from time to time.

Haven't been around as much lately, so haven't had time to delve into the minutiae of 110_Persaint's historical posts. I liked this one though. It was well-written and struck a chord.

We should all practice what we preach. I'm certainly guilty of ye olde hypocrisy from time to time.

Haven't been around as much lately, so haven't had time to delve into the minutiae of 110_Persaint's historical posts. I liked this one though. It was well-written and struck a chord.

110_Persaint is one of the best (Top 5) posters on SWF at the moment!

Don't know bear, everything was deleted faster than when you posted that child porn stuff. All I know is what DPS saint in TMS about not complaining about it (he was complaining about it at the time but I think he meant generally he would not complain about it other than complaining about it now, apart from that he would hardly complain about it at all, well not much anyway).

I would have to check my notes to be sure, but if I recall correctly last time it was that DPS ventured the opinion that Glasgow Saint was massive racist, and Glasgow ventured opinion that DPS was massive bellend. He did this by pm which DPS then forwarded to Justice Mike or whoever who fractionated Glasgow big-style.

It was one of my highlights of Saintsweb 2012.

I would have to check my notes to be sure, but if I recall correctly last time it was that DPS ventured the opinion that Glasgow Saint was massive racist, and Glasgow ventured opinion that DPS was massive bellend. He did this by pm which DPS then forwarded to Justice Mike or whoever who fractionated Glasgow big-style.

It was one of my highlights of Saintsweb 2012.

You need to update that, he reported me for calling him a racist, then sent me abuse, then I reported him (because he reported me)...

Yesterday was nothing in all honesty, you didn't miss anything.

you're a cvnt - read every post with that agenda in mind

Nope, not at all.

Spoke to Volvo, going to try another fix. Apparently the full loom change will cost £1000+. We'll see what happens on Thursday when we take it in.

Can't wait for the update, I'm watching Prison Break on Netflicks at the moment and this cliffhanger is definitely better than what is served up at the end of every episode.

• 7 months later...