Just bought two tickets for the Cup Match.

Deeps

I was queueing at 9, chose my tickets at twenty past. Put in my card details and the whole thing crashes. Nothing since. Anyone else having problems?

Had the same problem.

But did it again at 10am and didn't have the issues again. Got 4 tickets literally the otherside of the stadium to where my season ticket is as got to be different now and then don't you :)

Bought tickets for me and my son on Monday as ST holders. Was horrified to see that there was to be an additional cost for each ticket, even when paying with a debit card. So I went to the nearest cash machine and came back and paid cash, so avoiding the extra £3 charge.

On getting back home, I fired off an email asking why there should be a charge for use of a debit card and also why there was a charge for each ticket, even when there was only one transaction.

I also observed that the club did not make a charge for the use of cards in the purchase of goods from the Satints Store and asked what the difference was here. I suggested that it was because we were a captive audience who could be fleeced because even if some stayed away, others would take their place, whereas the sales of merchandise would definitely suffer if a charge for the use of a card was levied. Thankfully as a ST holder, I don't have to buy tickets except for cup matches, but if we get past Chelsea and get another home match worth watching, I'm thinking about paying my £50 or so in £1 coins.

On the plus side for the club, they at least sent me a letter in response to my email, which didn't say much and certainly did not provide any answers to the points I raised.

They say that they adopted the new policy in the close season. As with all charges, they monitor, record and analyse the feedback they receive and evaluate the value or merit of these changes. They acknowledge that any kind of fees are unpopular and consider that alongside all of the other advantages and disadvantages. They assured me that they do take all feedback very seriously and my comments are noted.

So if this ticket tax is despised by others, I suggest that the way to get them to amend their thinking is to email the ticket office in sufficient numbers so that they have to think again. Or else pay cash in small denomination coins.

TICKET TAX SYSTEMS ARE APPLIED TO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE EVENT YOU BUY A TICKET FOR THESE DAYS!

Its not like Saints are the only ones who do this.

That doesn't make it acceptable though. I could understand if credit cards were charged...but to be charged on a debit card, when they don't even post out the tickets is a bit of a farce to be honest.

I don't understand all the complaining. We have been offered an excellent price for tickets for his match. Do people think match day expenditure is less? Oh no, this remains the same. So why do people assume that they should be given cheaper prices? It a kind gesture from the chairman to allow fans to pay a very reasonable price to see the cup holders begin their defence of the trophy. Yet all we get is whining about the booking fee. We certainly do have a fan base of glass half emptiers and whiners. I applaud Cortese for the excellent value on offer for this game and understand that the cost of tickets, ink, printers, staff and postage is ever increasing. I for one am grateful we have a chairman that allows us to watch the FA Cup holders at a good price and also ensures costs are covered internally so we never have to stare the abyss of administration in the face again. If you truly back the chairman you should do the same.

TICKET TAX SYSTEMS ARE APPLIED TO NEARLY EVERY SINGLE EVENT YOU BUY A TICKET FOR THESE DAYS!

Its not like Saints are the only ones who do this.

This. It's great news we are being run as an effective business in a modern way in line with other forms of entertainment.

That doesn't make it acceptable though. I could understand if credit cards were charged...but to be charged on a debit card, when they don't even post out the tickets is a bit of a farce to be honest.

Why isn't it acceptable? Do you want us to so a Pompey?!

I would genuinely just prefer to pay the price in the ticket, atleast then I don't know how much I'm being ripped off by. You could easily rack up £50 of 'admin costs' in a season if you're not a season ticket holder.

I couldn't understand why, when I bought my ST at the start of the season, they had the cheek to add on an 'admin fee' despite handing over the best part of 600 quid !!

Just as a matter of interest, do most other sporting events levy a charge for every ticket purchased, or is there just one transaction charge regardless of the number of tickets?

Not sure if there is a blanket approach, probably some do and some don't.

Don't get me wrong, Im not a fan of it - but it is well known Saints do it, and so do other organisations so every time tickets go on sale is there a need to bring it up as if its a suprise?

I would genuinely just prefer to pay the price in the ticket, atleast then I don't know how much I'm being ripped off by. You could easily rack up £50 of 'admin costs' in a season if you're not a season ticket holder.

I couldn't understand why, when I bought my ST at the start of the season, they had the cheek to add on an 'admin fee' despite handing over the best part of 600 quid !!

I have just brought a car for several tens of times more than the cost of a season ticket and there was a £90 admin fee. I think the admin shows a tremendous amount of market research from the chairman to bring us in line with other leisure price models. A tremendous piece of chairmanship.

Maybe as it raises money for the club, but as I said that doesn't change my mind that these ticket taxes are a joke. However It's not going to put me off buying Saints tickets unless I'm already being completely ripped off...ala Man City.

Why are they a joke? How else are we meant to find the cost of consumables and posting and the fantastic bar code scanners we all enjoy. Not to mention the fact that the ticket charges on 25000 will probably cover the wages of 4 ticket office staff which would lead to a more efficent service and a greater customer experience. The ones complaining about it are clearly the split 'I want it all and I want it all for nothing' generation.

Why are they a joke? How else are we meant to find the cost of consumables and posting and the fantastic bar code scanners we all enjoy. Not to mention the fact that the ticket charges on 25000 will probably cover the wages of 4 ticket office staff which would lead to a more efficent service and a greater customer experience. The ones complaining about it are clearly the split 'I want it all and I want it all for nothing' generation.

Although the customer service is pretty poor, so pretty much paying for nothing.

Although the customer service is pretty poor, so pretty much paying for nothing.

Look at the bigger picture. its pretty evident that the ticket office is run as its own cost centre. With the ticket tax from this match alone this could fund investment in new staff and improve the things that are currently needing tweaking. We've all enjoyed the benifits off the bar code scanners and new ticketing software, if this years areas for improvement are extra heads at the coal face improving out matchday experience then don't you think it's worth it? I think it's tremendous foresight from the chairman.

I think £25 a ticked is good value, and had they sold them for £27.50 and no "ticket tax", I would have thought the same. This way the £2.50 is pure profit for Saints and not split with Chelsea or the FA.

So what's the problem then? Wouldn't you rather the profit go to us than Chelsea? Yoi have to hand it to the chairman, what a genius way of making sure we get a bigger cut of hate receipts. What a great bit of chairmanship.

So what's the problem then? Wouldn't you rather the profit go to us than Chelsea? Yoi have to hand it to the chairman, what a genius way of making sure we get a bigger cut of hate receipts. What a great bit of chairmanship.

You seem incapable of debating without trying to start an arguement, you've even started when I agree with you. In case you are so simple and dont get what I'm saying. I think £27.50 is good value and I think it's good that £2.50 of that goes stright on our bottom line. That is better than selling them for £27.50 with no "tt".

You seem incapable of debating without trying to start an arguement, you've even started when I agree with you. In case you are so simple and dont get what I'm saying. I think £27.50 is good value and I think it's good that £2.50 of that goes stright on our bottom line. That is better than selling them for £27.50 with no "tt".

I'm not arguing about anything. Merely giving credit to our chairman where it's due.

I get the impression you're just being a d!ck for the sake of it...

So you don't think it's a good Idea we have found a way to bring more money into the club and keep it from our rivals? And for praising this I am called a di*k? Maybe it's not me that has the issue here but your difficulty in dealing with your simplistic approach.

Just wear it anyway. You can be part of the 'zany' and 'crazy' gang.

If i see someone on saturday wearing a comedy outfit or hat i am going to stand in front of them pointing and laughing uncontrolably for as long as i can and see what they do.

Wouldn't that draw attention to you though? I mean if someone is jumping up and down like a monkey while pointing and laughing at people some may find that a bit "odd". The guys in orange coats might hand you over to the guys in white coats!

Do it Turkish!

Wouldn't that draw attention to you though? I mean if someone is jumping up and down like a monkey while pointing and laughing at people some may find that a bit "odd". The guys in orange coats might hand you over to the guys in white coats!

Do it Turkish!

No, surely it's so funny they all instantly know what i was laughing at and have the same reaction.

And the way Turkish has managed to hijack yet another thread to carry on his trolling is the main reason this message board is so poor these days!

I have old Alps on ignore and luckily he doesn't go overboard on his posts these days so you can still read threads and make sense of them.

Recently, most threads have so much Turkish trolling on them that they wouldn't even make sense if he was on 'ignore'.

Turkish - please just let up a little and maybe find something else to do with your life occasionally.

Please try and remember that some of us are interested in what all have to say :)

Ta in advance and Merry Xmas all ;)

Edited by wessex saint
missed a few words due to burning dinner..

And the way Turkish has managed to hijack yet another thread to carry on his trolling is the main reason this message board is so poor these days!

I have old Alps on ignore and luckily he doesn't go overboard on his posts these days so you can still read threads and make sense of them.

Recently, most threads have so much Turkish trolling on them that they wouldn't even make sense if he was on 'ignore'.

Turkish - please just let up a little and maybe find something else to do with your life occasionally.

Please try and remember that some of us

...don't leave us hanging buddy.

Please try and remember that some of us are interested in what all have to say :)

Where on this thread have i hijacked it with trolling exactly?

OK... deep breath.

I will answer once only and not be drawn into some silly tit for tat exchange as appears to happen on every other thread you 'contribute' to.

This thread was about buying tickets and experiences and opinions on booking system.

You start to get everyone's backs up by replying with quotes to EVERY post you don't agree with. (threads generally get to a point where you post about half a dozen replies in a row ). You then get some bites back and you become more and more sarcastic with your replies.

The thread then degenerates into some crap about wearing fancy dress, no doubt inspired by the thread on the same topic that was recently closed.

Generally your posts become more and more polarised as threads go on,as you cannot seem to cope with any differing perspectives.

I know you're just on a wind up with the whole 'our fans should all be lads wearing Stone Island/ no kids/facepaint/women 'etc etc but whilst mildy amusing at first, you have turned into a cariacture of your own sarcastic self, and it is now boring.

In fact ,lots of the threads on here are now boring.

Please take this in the manner it was meant - I rarely post on here (150 in 7 yrs) .Think of it as constructive feedback :)

As I said before - Merry Xmas. Maybe take some time off from being on here all the time.

And just to re-iterate, I won't be responding to your reply which you undoubtedly won't be able to resist writing ASAP ;)

OK... deep breath.

I will answer once only and not be drawn into some silly tit for tat exchange as appears to happen on every other thread you 'contribute' to.

This thread was about buying tickets and experiences and opinions on booking system.

You start to get everyone's backs up by replying with quotes to EVERY post you don't agree with. (threads generally get to a point where you post about half a dozen replies in a row ). You then get some bites back and you become more and more sarcastic with your replies.

The thread then degenerates into some crap about wearing fancy dress, no doubt inspired by the thread on the same topic that was recently closed.

Generally your posts become more and more polarised as threads go on,as you cannot seem to cope with any differing perspectives.

I know you're just on wind up with our fans should be lads wear stone island/no facepaints/women/kids etc but whilst mildy amusing at first, you have turned into a cariacture of your own sarcastic self, and it is now boring.

Please take this in the manner it was meant - I rarely post on here (150 in 7 yrs) .Think of it as constructive feedback :)

As I said before - Merry Xmas. Maybe take some time off from being on here all the time.

And just to re-iterate, I won't be responding to your reply which you undoubtedly won't be able to resist writing ASAP ;)

No I'm not.

Edited by Turkish

OK... deep breath.

I know you're just on a wind up with the whole 'our fans should all be lads wearing Stone Island/ no kids/facepaint/women 'etc etc but whilst mildy amusing at first, you have turned into a cariacture of your own sarcastic self, and it is now boring.

Good post.