Which loan player would you sign?

Crouchie's Lawyer

As the title says really, of the players we have on loan at the moment, which one would you keep and why?

Mods: could we have a poll please?

Pearce

Robertson

Smith

Cork

Pulis

Pekhart

FWIW, I would be torn between Jack Cork and Alex Pearce. I think Pearce has done well and he is a presence in defence which we have been missing, however, Cork is class and can knock the ball about a lot.

I think I would have to say..... Pearce

In an ideal world I'd sign Cork, Pearce and Robertson but for numerous reasons that's very unlikely!

If I had to choose one, it would be Cork.

He's a top talent but Chelsea would be very reluctant to sell IMO.

Not to mention the fact we would struggle to afford him.

As the title says really, of the players we have on loan at the moment, which one would you keep and why?

Mods: could we have a poll please?

Pearce

Robertson

Smith

Cork

Pulis

Pekhart

FWIW, I would be torn between Jack Cork and Alex Pearce. I think Pearce has done well and he is a presence in defence which we have been missing, however, Cork is class and can knock the ball about a lot.

I think I would have to say..... Pearce

we couldn't afford Jack Cork, he'd cost more than Lallana.

A swop for Schneiderlin plus a couple of bob is the only way we'd get him.

I'd sign Robertson, made a difference Saturday.

Cork would be first choice, he's very versatile and done a job for us all over the pitch. Pearce would be my second choice he's a decent defender although I haven't really seen enough to judge properly. Robertson gives us something we don't have in the squad, a proper strong target man, although my third choice he is probably the most likely of the three, hopefully we can make the Dyer swap permanent.

Cork.

I hear we're supposed to be signing Ryan Smith on a permanent deal.

That would be a waste imo, no better than the likes of Mills, Thomson, BWP, Holmes or Skacel. Any money we do have would be better spent tryinf to extend the loans for Cork and Pearce or maybe signing Robertson permanently.

I guess Smith must have made a positive impression on Wotte and JP in training, he certainly hasn't done much during the games he's played.

I would sign Cork, can play in many positions. But that is not going to happen. He will probably do a Guthrie and join a team like Bolton/Newcastle/Boro. But would be nice to see him make it at Chelsea. Pearce would be next, but would Reading let him go? Signing Robertson would mean losing Dyer completley and considering he doesnt play for Sheff Utd wouldnt be a bad thing (but there again, Utd might not want him, so Robertston will go back!). Smith is a no no and I don't think we have seen the best of Pekhart, but I dont think we will have a chance too.

Basically, we aint gonna sign any of them!!

I would sign Cork, can play in many positions. But that is not going to happen. He will probably do a Guthrie and join a team like Bolton/Newcastle/Boro. But would be nice to see him make it at Chelsea. Pearce would be next, but would Reading let him go? Signing Robertson would mean losing Dyer completley and considering he doesnt play for Sheff Utd wouldnt be a bad thing (but there again, Utd might not want him, so Robertston will go back!). Smith is a no no and I don't think we have seen the best of Pekhart, but I dont think we will have a chance too.

Basically, we aint gonna sign any of them!!

Its actually quite worrying that Dyer hasnt impressed up there. The thought of having him back and no better than when he left to replace lallana is terrifying.

Anyone know why he is not getting a game up there? Attitude or ability?

Its actually quite worrying that Dyer hasnt impressed up there. The thought of having him back and no better than when he left to replace lallana is terrifying.

Anyone know why he is not getting a game up there? Attitude or ability?

Well he lacks both, so no suprise they aren't playing him.

I'd keep Cork if we could only have one, but I reckon i'd keep all of them apart from Pekhart, who I think out of all of them probably had the most expectation attached to him.

Reading wouldn't let Pearce go. Living in Reading, and therefore amongst many Reading fans, a lot of them were disappointed they let him go and felt he was worthy of a place in the first XI ahead of Ingimarsson.

Would love to see the boy stay though, he's currently the nearest thing we have to a big aggressive centre halve.

Signing Pulis and Gasmi seems to make more sense now.

Perhaps they are ready made replacments for Lallana and Schneiderlin?

I've never seen either of them play but it doesn't fill me with confidence for the rest of the season if we do lose Lallana and Schneiderlin and use those two as replacements, Gasmi could be great at this level but i'd rather see him and Lallana together.

Signing Pulis and Gasmi seems to make more sense now.

Perhaps they are ready made replacments for Lallana and Schneiderlin?

Can't see that really. Gasmi can probably replace Lallana more or less but

don't see that Pulis can replace Morgan . I don't think Morgan will go in January anyway, Surman perhaps but I hope we could avoid that by wheeling and dealing for the deadweight first.

I see Lallana and John as definite sales (although we'll not get much for John)

with perhaps Euell and Saga out on loan again.

The 3.5 million which we might get for L + J might be enough if we can keep costs down.

Morgan for 3 million, wheel and deal with the others (John, Saga et al)to get another 1 million. Hopefully enough to keep the bank quiet.

Keep Surman and Lallana.

Must get Pearce and Cork on loan untill end of season. This is vital and also cheap (!)

Cork can fill Morgan's shoes.

Worryingly Bikey was terrible on Saturday (turning circle of the QE2 !!)so Reading may want Pearce back.

Also Cork may get a better loan offer ....lower premiership or may also be bought. I also noticed Chelsea's reserve team coach got the Watford job which also may not be helpful to our cause as Cork was his captain for a year or so.

Management needs to work on these two as I see their loan extensions as vital to the process of staying up. Cork was going nuts after the game on Saturday, so he's certainly enjoying it. There is always hope!

Morgan for 3 million, wheel and deal with the others (John, Saga et al)to get another 1 million. Hopefully enough to keep the bank quiet.

Keep Surman and Lallana.

Must get Pearce and Cork on loan untill end of season. This is vital and also cheap (!)

Cork can fill Morgan's shoes.

Worryingly Bikey was terrible on Saturday (turning circle of the QE2 !!)so Reading may want Pearce back.

Also Cork may get a better loan offer ....lower premiership or may also be bought. I also noticed Chelsea's reserve team coach got the Watford job which also may not be helpful to our cause as Cork was his captain for a year or so.

Management needs to work on these two as I see their loan extensions as vital to the process of staying up. Cork was going nuts after the game on Saturday, so he's certainly enjoying it. There is always hope!

Selling Morgan for 3 million makes no sense. We'll have to pay up the rest of the 1.5 million euros plus the knock on to Strasbourg. With the exchange rate they'll get 1.2 million plus 15% of 1.8 million and we'll get the rest.

We'll be left with a great little player less and a smack in the balls 1.5 million

instead.

We have to ship out the junk first and then Lallana as he is more easily replaceable and his transfer will bring in much more at the end of the day.

Sorry, but what has MS done to triple his value since summer? If we were to sell him now, I reckon we'd get £1.5m for him.

I suspect the Arsenal rumour was just put about by Lowe to make it sounds like we've got lots of exciting young players in the team that Prem clubs all want. £3m? No. £5m? I'll have a pint of what you're on please.

Sorry, but what has MS done to triple his value since summer? If we were to sell him now, I reckon we'd get £1.5m for him.

I suspect the Arsenal rumour was just put about by Lowe to make it sounds like we've got lots of exciting young players in the team that Prem clubs all want. £3m? No. £5m? I'll have a pint of what you're on please.

So we'll make a loss then.

The arsenal rumour has been doing the rounds for ages now, even before he signed for us.

If he does go for 3m+ in January then the deal seems very fishy to me. He's a great player and from what i've seen I reckon he has a future in the premiership but it just doesn't make sense that Arsenal would try to sign him for 3m+ when they could have got him for half that 6 months before.

The Fat Controller, i'd prefer to keep Saga rather than cash him in for another youngster. Rasiak is a great player and reliable, but he's expensive and injury prone and doesn't often create goals either for himself or the team. John is also presumably quite expensive, and although his goals kept us up last season, I think his lack of work ethic could hinder the team. So that leaves us with Saga, who impressed us all in his first season here and racked up an impressive goal tally (10 in 13 wasn't it?). He had a poor season last season, but he showed at the end of last season that he can score goals, like his bundled goal against Sheffield. I feel that, partnered with someone who can play off him (McGoldrick? Patterson?) he could be very beneficial to the team, and goals is certainly where we're lacking. If he was given a promise of first team football week in, week out, i'm sure he'd agree to take a reasonable pay cut and sign a longer contract for stability.

So, with Rasiak and John gone (and maybe £1.2m-£1.5m in the kitty from their transfers?) i'd sign Alex Pearce up too. He's a great prospect. Strong, good in the air and would work very well alongside Perry. He attacks the ball from a corner, which is what our players fail to do! 2 goals in 3/4 games isn't a bad return from a central defender! He's only 19 or 20 as well, so he wouldn't be an old head in the side, which would give him time to improve and further his game, which i'm sure Perry could help him with. I feel that Cork would be too expensive for us, i'm sure Chelsea would command quite a high fee for him, and if he continues to do well for us up until his loan expires, he could well be off to a smaller Prem club at the end of the season such as Wigan or Sunderland, who seem to build teams on younger players.

The others (Smith, Robertson, Gasmi and Pekhart) haven't really shown enough to merit a transfer, although tbf Gasmi hasn't played yet and Smith hasn't had many games either. With most of our wingers probably going in January (Lallana, Surman, Skacel, Dyer?) players such as Gasmi and Smith could be very useful to us unless we bring in some more players in the transfer window.

*cough* Andrew Davies *cough* I'd hazard a guess we probably made a loss on him with the sell on fee M'boro no doubt included.

Depends if you count the 4 months and counting he's been on IR.

Did get 90 minutes for Stoke reserves yesterday, don't know how that went for him though.

Too expensive to run unfortunately,probably wanted to move on anyway.

Pearce, Cork and Robertson in that order.

No idea why people are so against Smith, we've seen him for around 45 minutes and he didn't do anything wrong. It's not his fault he's not being played.

I think Smith will come good for us - just as I said BWP would do well this season last summer.