Talking about saints on the BigLeague

Thedelldays

on sky..

they were saying that when we decide to play we will litterally tear teams to pieces BUT, as you do with so many younsters when we have an odd day, it is a biggy...

fair enoug I guess...they also said about so many younger players playing under pressure, which is why the results at SMS have been bad at times..

again, fair enough I guess

I think thats pretty much spot on...

I've a feeling we will go on a bit of a run, there's always a team that makes a late surge for the play offs, wouldnt it be great if that was us. Even if we dont make it, keeping the majority of this squad together next season & we could be real contenders!

We'd have changed the whole emphasis of the club then, from journeymen to young hungry, technically gifted footballers who would IMHO be able to hold there own in the premier league.... such is the difference in the style of football they'd come up against.

I think thats pretty much spot on...

I've a feeling we will go on a bit of a run, there's always a team that makes a late surge for the play offs, wouldnt it be great if that was us. Even if we dont make it, keeping the majority of this squad together next season & we could be real contenders!

We'd have changed the whole emphasis of the club then, from journeymen to young hungry, technically gifted footballers who would IMHO be able to hold there own in the premier league.... such is the difference in the style of football they'd come up against.

Just as they might be starting to gel, the best three or four of them will be gone in a few weeks to be replaced with even younger and more inexperienced kids thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim. So thinking about keeping the majority of them together to make a challenge next season is living in fantasy land.

on sky..

they were saying that when we decide to play we will litterally tear teams to pieces BUT, as you do with so many younsters when we have an odd day, it is a biggy...

fair enoug I guess...they also said about so many younger players playing under pressure, which is why the results at SMS have been bad at times..

again, fair enough I guess

Not after February 1st .......... we will be blooding new players again .......

Just as they might be starting to gel, the best three or four of them will be gone in a few weeks to be replaced with even younger and more inexperienced kids thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim. So thinking about keeping the majority of them together to make a challenge next season is living in fantasy land.

that is the interesting thing many of the lads at the academy were attracted to the club when we were still a premiership club, the big issue is are the next crop as good as Lallana etc?

Not after February 1st .......... we will be blooding new players again .......

Maybe we should all buy half season tickets then. That way we can afford to keep the players and they will have awsome support to back them.

Just a thought

that is the interesting thing many of the lads at the academy were attracted to the club when we were still a premiership club' date=' the big issue is are the next crop as good as Lallana etc?[/quote']

Sadly they are not. That was a particularly talented crop. The Academy was neglected to some extent by Lowe and Wilde when Rupert was ousted but as I have said elsewhere, it is imperative that Lowe reverts to bagging the best young talent once more. If he does then it will take a few years for them to come through again. In the meantime we will be forced to look at loanees, free transfers and small fees for youngsters who are feeling disenfranchised at their current clubs.

Sadly they are not. That was a particularly talented crop. The Academy was neglected to some extent by Lowe and Wilde when Rupert was ousted but as I have said elsewhere, it is imperative that Lowe reverts to bagging the best young talent once more. If he does then it will take a few years for them to come through again. In the meantime we will be forced to look at loanees, free transfers and small fees for youngsters who are feeling disenfranchised at their current clubs.

Yes, I've thought along similar lines. Hence, I think, why we may have some real contact with Glenn Hoddle's forgotten young players academy.

Disagree Junior......we have some real talent coming through:

White

Paterson

Gobern

Mills

Imudia

Argent

Thomson

to name but a few.

All young and will only get better.

Well it's a good job that those in charge for the last two years kept the Academy as one of their priorities allowing this talent to flourish and blossom.

I can remember many on here (yourself included) moaning about they had left the academy go to rack and ruin.

It would appear, that with many breaking into the first team and others being lined up, that the last few years of the Academy has been a real success.

I disagree. Lallana may go, and Schneiderlin at the end of the season, but I honestly think everyone else will stay. Except perhaps the likes of Euell who are on massive wages.

On top of that, rather than improving as the season progresses, history suggests we will get worse. Young sides tend to suffer dramatically in the second half of the season. Arsenal in the last few years have been a prime example.

Well it's a good job that those in charge for the last two years kept the Academy as one of their priorities allowing this talent to flourish and blossom.

I can remember many on here (yourself included) moaning about they had left the academy go to rack and ruin.

It would appear, that with many breaking into the first team and others being lined up, that the last few years of the Academy has been a real success.

Nicely done.

AND the results on Sky I think. We should have played well on Sky by now, but we just don't perform. Usually we play well even if we don't win. QPR wasn't a bad effort with 10 men and the ref was terrible, but blackpool and coventry were woeful.

They just need time really. And a couple more experienced heads. Svensson would help, but I personally think we need 1 experienced player in the final third. Look at the squad. Young strikers, young playmaker, young wide players. Where is the experience there? I really think the addition of an striker would make all the difference. John didn't have the workrate, but Saga does. Add Euell coming back, or maybe Skacel further forward and you have the basis of a good team.

Please please please stop dreaming about Svensson coming back like a white knight in shining armour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is sadly just so far off the pace now that he should not play in the first team again. He can't jump or run any more just stop living in cloud cuckoo land and get get real. Picking a player based on performances of years ago would be plain stupid. Anyone who has actually seen him play this year could not fail to notice he cannot cut it any more.