Man Utd tickets, make money, give preference to members holding Sheff Wed tickets.

derry

Another thread...ffs...

What if somebody can't make it this weekend but has been to plenty of games this season? Should they then be punished? I fail to see where the problem is here...i don't think the demand is going to be that high that we need to worry about these sort of measure personally...it's hardly a cup final now is it?

Another thread...ffs...

What if somebody can't make it this weekend but has been to plenty of games this season? Should they then be punished? I fail to see where the problem is here...i don't think the demand is going to be that high that we need to worry about these sort of measure personally...it's hardly a cup final now is it?

Phone up/internet and buy a ticket for Sheff Wed. It doesn't matter whether you go to the game or not. It would surely help the finances.

I think it will be a sell out without any general sale.

Phone up/internet and buy a ticket for Sheff Wed. It doesn't matter whether you go to the game or not. It would surely help the finances.

what?

this close to xmas

the current financial climate

you cannot be serious

why dont you just say fans should just buy tickets regardless if they go or not to all games?

Obviously season ticket holders are going to get first dibs, so that's 9500 of the 27000-odd tickets available (less 4700 for ManYoo and about 1000 corporates) accounted for.

Personally, I'd then say that anybody (member or otherwise) who has a recorded purchase history of at least home games this season should be next in line, where is effectively a number that would take the number of accounted-for seats to about 25000, leaving 2000 or so for a mad rush from everyone else.

I think it's quite important from a PR and supporter confidence perspective that the club get the balance right here between ensuring it's a sell-out and ensuring those who have offered the most support to the current set of players get a ticket.

Edit to add: that's not to say that a "twinning" idea with the Sheffield Wednesday game isn't a reasonable idea, but it's entirely possible that the club could end up selling more tickets for that game than would then be available for the ManYoo game, and what would happen if someone had bought tickets for 5 or 6 of the home games so far this season but couldn't make the game on Saturday?

what?

this close to xmas

the current financial climate

you cannot be serious

why dont you just say fans should just buy tickets regardless if they go or not to all games?

I didn't say that, an incentive to buy SW tickets would be good for the attendance. If you don't want to buy a ticket, don't, then if all the MU tickets go to ST holders/Sheff Wed ticket holders there can hardly be room for complaint. Two big crowds are better than one with the revenue shared.

I can see it/vouchers/ticket record at SMS happening.

I've paid £32.00 for me and my nipper's memberships. I cant make the game Sat and you want me to pay for tickets anyway?

As far as I'm concerned buying a membership when there isn't really a need to, is helping enough, without buying tickets for games I cant make.

I doubt Manyoo will sell out. It wil be on the box and Saints fans have got out of the routine now. If you want a ticket you will get one.

You may be right however I have been asked by at least a dozen people/family that I buy extra tickets for games, to get them tickets.

I have two STs and will be buying as many extra tickets as I can after the ST reserved sale is over.

I doubt Manyoo will sell out. It wil be on the box and Saints fans have got out of the routine now. If you want a ticket you will get one.

nah. this one will be a sell out with in minutes of going on general sale. Even if Saints fans don't rush to get a ticket (which I reckon they will) then there will be plenty of so-called distance Manure supporters (the sort that couldn't even place Cottonopolis on the map) who will want to sit in the Home section. It will be full. I'll bet the rest of my banana on it.

and adding an extra 12000 tickets sold for just this one game will bring more than £200k into the bank. Just what we need at the moment. Win or lose the game this is a financial win for the club.

:)

I've paid £32.00 for me and my nipper's memberships. I cant make the game Sat and you want me to pay for tickets anyway?

As far as I'm concerned buying a membership when there isn't really a need to, is helping enough, without buying tickets for games I cant make.

I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do. I have two season tickets and have reserved seats. If people want to go to a special game then there has to be an opportunity to make some money and maybe avoid selling either Lallana/Surman in the transfer window.

I don't want you to do anything you don't want to do. I have two season tickets and have reserved seats. If people want to go to a special game then there has to be an opportunity to make some money and maybe avoid selling either Lallana/Surman in the transfer window.

Perhaps if Mr Lowe put as much % of his monthly wage into Saints that I do, then maybe I may pay for a game I cant attend.

However, as I've said I pay £32.00 for memberships that are not really needed in this league so I'm certainly not going to buy 2 tickets for a game I cant make.Why should someone get a Man U ticket before me on the basis they've suddenly bought a Sheff Weds one?

yeah, kinda agree althought St Paul does raise a good point. What is the point of membership if you then have to wait inline with the rest of the general sale purchasers. I think the idea should be this:

ST holders should be guarenteed their seat up until the tickets go on general sale. Any STs in the Northam which will be moved for away seating should be offered a seat regardless.

ST holders should also be able to get upto a certain number of additional tickets.

Members should then get a head start on the Mob and should not have to prove any further level of support.

For games like these (big ones) then the general sale should be first of all to fans who have proved they do turn up and support on a more frequent basis.

When the FA draw gives you a potential golden egg like this the club has got to milk it for all it is worth..

Perhaps if Mr Lowe put as much % of his monthly wage into Saints that I do, then maybe I may pay for a game I cant attend.

However, as I've said I pay £32.00 for memberships that are not really needed in this league so I'm certainly not going to buy 2 tickets for a game I cant make.Why should someone get a Man U ticket before me on the basis they've suddenly bought a Sheff Weds one?

In the past Saints handed out vouchers to get tickets for all cup games at one match.

I'm sure there will be some weeding out criteria, such as used for restricted away matches last year.

There is no need for any of this ********. It should go STH can get their seat for x amount of days, then it goes to members. Each only getting one per membership/ST. Then it goes onto general sale.

Why make something so simple so complicated?

yeah, kinda agree althought St Paul does raise a good point. What is the point of membership if you then have to wait inline with the rest of the general sale purchasers. I think the idea should be this:

ST holders should be guarenteed their seat up until the tickets go on general sale. Any STs in the Northam which will be moved for away seating should be offered a seat regardless.

ST holders should also be able to get upto a certain number of additional tickets.

Members should then get a head start on the Mob and should not have to prove any further level of support.

For games like these (big ones) then the general sale should be first of all to fans who have proved they do turn up and support on a more frequent basis.

When the FA draw gives you a potential golden egg like this the club has got to milk it for all it is worth..

I did say MEMBERS with Sheff Wed tickets. ST holders have their own or another seat reserved. Usually ST holders can buy additional tickets when the sales are opened to members. I really can't see any general sale for this match.

just to let you know, season ticket holders can only buy one en mass when it goes on general sale. lol@you. Its also a ****ty rule as people can't always make games, like me. I am a student in Bristol and can't afford train and ticket money every week, but before uni had a season ticket since i was 4 years old.

I am a better fan than you.

Obviously season ticket holders are going to get first dibs, so that's 9500 of the 27000-odd tickets available (less 4700 for ManYoo and about 1000 corporates) accounted for.

Personally, I'd then say that anybody (member or otherwise) who has a recorded purchase history of at least home games this season should be next in line, where is effectively a number that would take the number of accounted-for seats to about 25000, leaving 2000 or so for a mad rush from everyone else.

Surely a member who has only missed two away games all season should be pretty sure of getting one. I have only been to one home game but have been going to most away games, not as part of a poncy protest or anything but I just prefer away games and cannot afford to go to every game.

I will be very ****ed off if I don't get to go to the Man Utd game because someone who has been to three or four home games gets preference over me.

Without any catch like paying for a league game aswell as united, how are we going to make much profit from the game besides TV rights?

I think i'm right in saying that man utd get half the gate, then the FA get 15%...

So an average say of £12.50 per ticket at 32,500 = £406,250

15% of which is £60,937

Leaving £345,313

Halve that and you leave us with £172,656.

I'm not up to date on how much the TV people may pay us, but added to that you have sutff people buy inside the ground etc, so without TV you're looking at £200,000.

An average league game now we get about 14,500 fans, and say tickets are averaged out at around £17.50 thats £253,000.

Any idea what ITV will pay us?

Can't see adult tickets being £15, I'd like to think they would but knowing they way football is atm I wouldn't be suprised to see adult tickets costing £30+.

They know they will fill the ground if the tickets are £15, £25 or £35 so they're just going to take the ****.

Last season i think the highest adult ticket was £15, teens £10 and juniors £5. With the different ages in the ground it probably works out around that.

Current league ticket prices are £22-28, £16-20 and £9-20 respectively, depending on the area of the ground.

I think it's fairly safe to say the prices won't be reduced for this particular cup game.

I believe the average works out to be around the £18-20 mark. Let's say £20 for easy calculations.

30000 "ordinary" tickets at £20 = £600k

1500 corporate tickets at £150 (minimum) per head = £225k

Total gate receipts: £825k

The FA take between 10 and 20%, so they take between £82.5k and £165k, leaving between £660k and £742.5k, which is then split evenly between SFC and MUFC. So that's a minimum of £330k, plus all of the takings from programmes and food and drink sales.

If we're on TV, then we get the added bonus of (I think) £265k.

Current league ticket prices are £22-28, £16-20 and £9-20 respectively, depending on the area of the ground.

I think it's fairly safe to say the prices won't be reduced for this particular cup game.

I believe the average works out to be around the £18-20 mark. Let's say £20 for easy calculations.

30000 "ordinary" tickets at £20 = £600k

1500 corporate tickets at £150 (minimum) per head = £225k

Total gate receipts: £825k

The FA take between 10 and 20%, so they take between £82.5k and £165k, leaving between £660k and £742.5k, which is then split evenly between SFC and MUFC. So that's a minimum of £330k, plus all of the takings from programmes and food and drink sales.

If we're on TV, then we get the added bonus of (I think) £265k.

So we're really looking at a good half a million.........lets just hope for a draw to double that!

just to let you know, season ticket holders can only buy one en mass when it goes on general sale. lol@you. Its also a ****ty rule as people can't always make games, like me. I am a student in Bristol and can't afford train and ticket money every week, but before uni had a season ticket since i was 4 years old.

I am a better fan than you.

Congratulations!

There probably won't be enough to go on general sale. Only about 15000 in total, available for sale.

I think the split is 45%, 10%, 45%.

In the state we are in financially, the club would be mad not to try and double their money. Of the 12500 regular supporters probably all will get tickets. It then means only those who are really going to see Man Utd will have to stump up extra.

I like the idea of a package of league games including a Man Utd ticket.

A linked game was my first visit to the dell. The father of a friend's unwanted but reqiured ticket. Could lead to more regulars.

As for windfall, if we go over two legs and win and then get another super club in the next draw, all of wich are televisedthe it might make a difference on who go's, come's or stays.

i still have to lol at all this. everyone is freting about getting to see this game. if you want to go, you will. Going back 5 years, this was a normal fixture and tickets were going to general sale. This probably will sell out, with around £5,000 tickets going to general sale.