SFC still run like a crappy seaside B & B

alpine_saint

So not unusually Alpine is in a minority of 1. Whilst we all want to hear real news June is always a slow month in football terms. As to the kit announcements, there will be a kit, dates and details certainly don’t keep me awake at night.

So not unusually Alpine is in a minority of 1. Whilst we all want to hear real news June is always a slow month in football terms. As to the kit announcements, there will be a kit, dates and details certainly don’t keep me awake at night.

I think it is indicative of how the club is run that we have to wait so long for activity and/or news, and ultimately I think it is a limiting factor as to how far we can rise through the game.

whats the point ? Your comments are all subjective, and you know my opinion about each of them because they are in the original post you responded to. For a couple of them youn say they arent relevant or dont matter, well I disagree.

No they aren't! I asked you a number of questions, that isn't subjective I wanted an answer from you. Just respond to every point and question I posed like I did for you.

You said to Colinjb that you want a discussion, then when someone does try to counter you refuse to back up your points.

Edited by Matthew Le God

You said to Colinjb that you want a discussion, then when someone does try to counter you refuse to back up your points.

He just wants people to agree with him, not engage in discussion. I gave my reasons why I couldn't give his view any merit, he ignored it.

Another sign of immaturity.

Nope, I am judging by a spectacular lack of results on any front. Lets assume the kit design is finalised and is being held up by sponsor issues - why has this been allowed to fester for so long ? And what was the excuse last year for the late kit release when aap3 was known somewhat in advance of the kit release ?

OMG - massive assumption that it's "held up" then going off on why it's festered BUT what if its because anticipation builds the "talk" about it helping build the hype & potential sales/interest but whatever the reason – why are you or anyone overly bothered about it yet?

etc ..

grow a pair of balls & deal with yourself

In all seriousness, would be handy if the club could announce pre-season fixture plans for those of us potentially interested in such trips.

Oh yes silly club, fancy them thinking pre season was about getting it right for players, when obviously it's about fans learning to go to football matches ready for the new season in case they have forgotten

In all seriousness, would be handy if the club could announce pre-season fixture plans for those of us potentially interested in such trips.

Would be useful, i'm sure that has as much to do with the teams being played as it does us though.

OMG - massive assumption that it's "held up" then going off on why it's festered BUT what if its because anticipation builds the "talk" about it helping build the hype & potential sales/interest but whatever the reason – why are you or anyone overly bothered about it yet?

etc ..

grow a pair of balls & deal with yourself

Garbage. SFC kit sales are to a fairly captive audience. The club claims the red kit is one of the highest selling ever, but what numbers are we talking about ? 10 ? 100? 1000?. I fail to see how leaving a kit release to the last minute somehow sells more.

There is an apparent lack of activity but whether this is because we are not hearing about it or because there is indeed nothing going on is open to conjecture which indicates to me a missed opportunity. There seems to be a distinct lack of brand promotion, PR, building market share, all that sort of thing. Who's in charge of PR these days? Do we have a press officer?

AKA Somebody Else's Fault.

Ok.

Hi, A.N. Other Football Club? We'll be rocking up on the ##th July for a friendly. What do you mean you have plans? F**king shift them!

You do not live in the real world. Other clubs do not exist simply to do what we say. Football is a community, not a dictatorship.

There is an apparent lack of activity but whether this is because we are not hearing about it or because there is indeed nothing going on is open to conjecture which indicates to me a missed opportunity. There seems to be a distinct lack of brand promotion, PR, building market share, all that sort of thing. Who's in charge of PR these days? Do we have a press officer?

Hallelulah. Someone who gets it. Do we want to be a household name in English football, with respectful media coverage, or do want to be the PL equivalent of Millwall, punching above our weight in a less than sympathetic public forum ?

I think some of you get off on the "fred-in-the-shed underdog" seige mentality...

Ok.

Hi, A.N. Other Football Club? We'll be rocking up on the ##th July for a friendly. What do you mean you have plans? F**king shift them!

You do not live in the real world. Other clubs do not exist simply to do what we say. Football is a community, not a dictatorship.

I think you just proved my point, actually.

That sort of dicussion would/could occur because we do everything too late.

I think it is indicative of how the club is run that we have to wait so long for activity and/or news, and ultimately I think it is a limiting factor as to how far we can rise through the game.

It is not indicative of anything, if there is no news what do want to hear? What ifs and maybes? Transfer negotiations are a sensitive area and no club provides hour by hour or day by day summaries, which you appear to be demanding, how that limits Saints potential is beyond me. You are entitled to your perception of how the club is run, it would appear that all others who have responded do not agree, if this were a trip advisor review yours would be the one everyone would ignore. Frankly your incessant negativity and pessimism is boring.

It is not indicative of anything, if there is no news what do want to hear? What ifs and maybes? Transfer negotiations are a sensitive area and no club provides hour by hour or day by day summaries, which you appear to be demanding, how that limits Saints potential is beyond me. You are entitled to your perception of how the club is run, it would appear that all others who have responded do not agree, if this were a trip advisor review yours would be the one everyone would ignore. Frankly your incessant negativity and pessimism is boring.

Isnt that the point ? There is no news. MP said he wanted his transfer activity done by 1st July. I would have expected at least one decent signing by now if that were a realistic scneario.

Every season, every summer you come out with this drivel.

We've been linked with numerous players

If season ticket details hadn't been released yet, you'd be moaning about it

Sad, attention seeking, little man. Get a life for gods sake

Like who ? Journalists clutching at straws.

I think you just proved my point, actually.

That sort of dicussion would/could occur because we do everything too late.

Ok, keeping calm face on.

Fixture organisation is not a simple process, it involves two clubs coming together and mutually agreeing a time. Our pre-season fixtures in the past have been published en mass before the start of a season, this would indicate a large amount of pre-planning to ensure that any tour, or other pre-season plan (bringing in 3+ teams for the Markus Leibherr cup for instance) has occured beforehand. It is not a simple quastion of saying, 'Oi, you turn up here,' it needs to be done carefully, professionally and methodically, often taking in the needs and requirements of many other parties. Consulting chaiman, managers and coaches. Ensuring that other teams' plans can fit with our own desires.

Because YOU cannot see this process happening you assume that it is in fact rushed, unplanned and poorly run. This, again, like everything else related to your baseless points is based on your insecurities on not being able to see everything. It is not based on any type of fact or consideration.

You are quite simply wrong.

Edited by Colinjb

I've been waiting for this thread for a few weeks and must say it doesn't compete with the 2011 or 2013 editions.

More effort needed for next June please Alps.

I have actually had conversations in real life with other people about when this thread would appear. Not sure now if I am sadder than him.... :(

I was going to say how bizarre it is Alps keeps doing this, and posting the same rubbish over and over but it can only be some mental depressive hypochondriac pessimistic condition. Still, it is his opinion...

The OP is the funniest thread I've seen on here for a while.

I'm sure the club/Adidas etc are fully aware of what's going on. And the management team in terms of transfers are consistently working. As for the 8 players released, I'm sure they were told in advance, or got hints.

This is a typical example of modern day impatience. Relax.

So you dont want to know about the kit, the transfers, etc ? Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but some of us do.

No, you utter, utter helmet.

Signings are interesting, yes, but we'll hear of them when they sign. Kit, not interesting, unless you're 11.

Get on with some work and wait for the start of the season.

Like who ? Journalists clutching at straws.

So you say there is no evidence of Saints doing anything on the transfer front. Then when someone mentions we've been linked to numerous players you claim it is "journalists clutching at straws". Do you have any evidence to back up such a claim?

You are just twisting everything to suit your negative agenda! Cheer up Alpine ffs! 4 years ago we were on -10 points and 68th in the English football pyramid. The owners/Cortese clearly know what they are doing.

Edited by Matthew Le God