Lowe on radio now

NickG

Or Snake is a liar...

Originally Posted by Saint Marc

FWIW I heard that Wilde resigned because there was too much media and fan pressure focusing on the investment issue and that this was putting the whole Board under pressure. He resigned to take the heat off the club and its executives and allow them to get on with the job while he carried on working on the investment issue in the background and out of the spotlight. The statement that he resigned because of a failure to raise finance was only issued to try and reduce fans unrealistic expectations. IMO, it was through Wilde's efforts, that PA was clearly aware that his approach would be welcomed rather than shunned and this is a big factor when looking at a potential acquisition. We now know that PA had contact with the club several months ago, before MW's resignation. IMO it is down to Wilde that we now have this opportunity to stabilise and secure the long term future of the club. If this takeover goes through I think we all owe him bigtime.

Sadly, I think he honestly believes he did a good job :(

It is suggested (and I suspect by McLoughlin) that he had met with Allen via his air leasing business and was asked to look at Saints. However very shortly after he said Allen has no further interest but for a fee (up front, which I understand Saints paid) and a success fee he would go out into the market he knew and broker a deal.

McLoughlin (tommac) is the man we should be pointing fingers at on this particular matter.

I inserted the bit you missed, the last three words in bold, you presumably missed it out as it doesn't fit in with your argument. He could say they are not for sale but why should you stop a player moving to the premiership to enhance his career. But as I have said previously if Lowe sells against their wishes then please provide a link for me. Thanks.

I said what he said on the radio....As for fitting with my arguement what argument?! The one where you want a link to Lowe saying "yeah i want to sell those players as i want the cash!". Get real mate, your living in fantasy land.

I would of loved to hear someone who shared your view phone in and say what you said, it would of really made my day because you would of got slaughtered, would not have a leg to stand on because you know as does everyone else it is complete ********.

In your opinion moving to a prem club and watching players like Ronaldo,Fabragas etc.. makes you a better player. It doesn't make you a better player because if it did all those people out there training with them would come out being genius'. Talent is not taught it is refined. And what is the way to refine it? Playing games. That is the only way you will get better is by playing matches. As that dude said on the radio by leaving a club that your in the 1st team and going to sit on a bench at a different club and play maybe 1 or 2 games a season will not help you progress. You said Theo was better for it that is total ********. He was on the world scene, was even picked to be in the last World Cup team BEFORE he had even played a game for Arsenal. Then what happened in the next 2 years after that? He vanished. It took 3 years almost for him to get into the first team playing a game and in that time he has gone from being a striker to now a winger. He has made some good appearences but has had some awful ones too. In that time has he really progressed that much from being here? I would say no. As he plays games he gets better not sitting on his ass watching others play. If he had 2 more seasons here before going to Arsenal he would play games and get more and more experience making him not only a more wiser player but a better player.

But you believe that Lowe wants to keep the players and has no desire to sell them at all.....:rolleyes:

Have to say, Mark Dennis has turned a boring early evening into quite an entertaining hour or so, because I have completely set aside my paperwork. Like MD or loathe him, you cannot deny his passion for Saints, It may occasionally be misdirected, and missing the point, but his heart is in the right place. He played for other clubs, but he was never better than for Saints. SFC made his career all the better and he knows it.

You cannot help but like the bloke.

Oh... programme has just finished.

Dennis accuses fan of being an imposter. Oooh dear, the programme is starting to become an argument between fans.

I bring you back to what you typed earlier.

Presenter saying while Wilde and Lowe is at Saints, they will never be a united club.

For Southampton Football Club to unite and move forward, we need outside investment, a new board, a new start and a new era.

OK, Rupert WILL NOT be on LIVE.

Dennis asking a fan why Rupert and Michael are refusing to be interviewed live, but Leon Crouch did.

Wilde do a live interview rofl. Lowe would have to wire him up with a secret intercom device.

I bring you back to what you typed earlier.

For Southampton Football Club to unite and move forward, we need outside investment, a new board, a new start and a new era.

no sh1t! We all know it, but it doesn't make it happen. Crouch and Wilde have both been guilty of leading us up the garden path on this. Time for them to shut up, run a football club and let us know when this investment is in place

Sounds like some important issues discussed. However, still many more important issues that need to come out if we are REALLY to find out the cause of the clubs decline. Keep fishing.

Gosh, how exciting. I wonder what you could be referring to. Let me guess: does it start with an 'h' and end with 'le', with an 'odd' somewhere in the middle?

Mark Dennis is driving me away from Hampshire radio. His emotional claptrap without brain in gear is very boring and I'm thoroughly tired of having it rammed down my throat. Thankyou.

You wouldnt say that about Lowes ****.

i hate to say it but lowe is right,all of the power lies with the players,i dont know if they want to go or not but if they do there is little the club can do to keep them.contracts aint worth a w@nk,and we cant afford to let wayward players rot in the reserves....not even the prem big boys can afford to do that.

perhaps lowe does have to sell but the power still lies with the player,if they dont want to go then they wont,but the likes of surman (southampton through and through) will probably be told that they will be doing the club a good service financially if they do go.

i hate to say it but lowe is right,all of the power lies with the players,i dont know if they want to go or not but if they do there is little the club can do to keep them.contracts aint worth a w@nk,and we cant afford to let wayward players rot in the reserves....not even the prem big boys can afford to do that.

perhaps lowe does have to sell but the power still lies with the player,if they dont want to go then they wont,but the likes of surman (southampton through and through) will probably be told that they will be doing the club a good service financially if they do go.

Yes indeed. Lowe is correct. That is not the issue. It's the fight he appears to put up, if a player is tempted away to another club, that's in question. He puts a spin on it saying... if a player is tempted by a better deal, then there is little we can do. We want fully committed players at this club...

Now that sounds very fair and reasonable; but it also sounds like Guy Askham talking, because that's exactly what he said to Alan Ball, who got a superb offer [4x his SFC pay] to go to manage Man City, but didn't want to leave Southampton. In fact, he was totally prepared to stay, for the same paltry money [£60,000 pa] he was on at the time, getting the very best out of MLT and the team. But Askham just said he wished Ball well. And Alan Ball left largely because he felt he wasn't wanted at SFC. The broken glass speech was just talk for media. This is the same emotion I'm betting some players feel when dealing with being tempted away from Saints. Do they feel wanted..? They should do. Perhaps our Board just doesn't put up enough fight..? They should do.

Edited by St Landrew

RL has just been on a video interview on Sky.

He didn't say young players won't be sold, he said decisions will be made that are right for the club, shareholders, and players. 'Its a complicated equation'.

JP said he didn't want players to go as 'maybe this year, probably next, this team will be good enough to go for the playoffs'. Probably true!

I don't know enough about the situation, or who created it, like I would suspect of most on here, to have a view on who should be at the helm or not but regardless of motive, for any director to be successful the team has to be successful.

Support the the team, the club, not individuals!

Cheers Nick.

Bit of Deja Vu again though...same old scenario peddled just before Beattie etc were sold...more PR bull to shift the blame to the players....where do the stories about Lallana and Surman going come from if the players and their agents, families know nothing???

Someone's lying....

You took the words right out of my mouth CS, the club can easilly manufacture a situation to try and force a player to say 'I want out'.

It translates to "if other clubs want them they need to know we don't have to sell them so offer a decent price". It is normal business practice and probably a huge bluff as they will need to sell a few. What would you rather he said, "we are deeply in the poo and I just hope someone offers something, anything just so we can keep going another year."

It translates as "We've told clubs that anyone's for sale, make a decent offer, and we'll tell the player quietly that "we would really like to keep you" and then in a louder voice "BUT THIS IS A FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU AND WE WON'T STAND IN YOR WAY IF YOU AGREE IT WOULD BE A GREAT, NAY TREMENDOUSLY LUCRATIVE, MOVE FOR YOU," followed by a press-released "it's not about the finance, it's what the player wanted".

those of you, who welcomed him back with open arms , will have to live with his over inflated ego.....

I'm not so sure anyone "welcomed him back with open arms" the reality is we had no say in his coming back, the blame lies solely with those who facilitated his return, not only Wilde, also those that had and in turn missed the opportunity to create a situation where his return was not required.

Yes indeed. Lowe is correct. That is not the issue. It's the fight he appears to put up, if a player is tempted away to another club, that's in question. He puts a spin on it saying... if a player is tempted by a better deal, then there is little we can do. We want fully committed players at this club...

Now that sounds very fair and reasonable; but it also sounds like Guy Askham talking, because that's exactly what he said to Alan Ball, who got a superb offer [4x his SFC pay] to go to manage Man City, but didn't want to leave Southampton. In fact, he was totally prepared to stay, for the same paltry money [£60,000 pa] he was on at the time, getting the very best out of MLT and the team. But Askham just said he wished Ball well. And Alan Ball left largely because he felt he wasn't wanted at SFC. The broken glass speech was just talk for media. This is the same emotion I'm betting some players feel when dealing with being tempted away from Saints. Do they feel wanted..? They should do. Perhaps our Board just doesn't put up enough fight..? They should do.

really, i thought it was common knowledge that the signing on fee man city gave alan ball was spookily enough for him to pay off a large gambling debt...

I didnt listen to the show but it is interesting that now LF has admitted Allen was interested in the club.

At the time I was told that Allen didnt carry on as he was sick to death of the dithering of the board and a certain person who had long standing family ties to the club would not agree, also a member of the Wilde bunch was also dragging his feet. By the time they came around reluctantly Allen lost interest.

I said at the time on here, the board would always deny that Allen was there as the fans would never forgive the board losing the biggest opporunity in the clubs HISTORY.

It seems we have had it from as close as it can get that as I was reliably told, Paul Allen was interested in us.

many will rubbish it, and that is why the board has got away scot free with their incompetance at that time. We must remember that there were fans on the board and they were party to losing that fantastic opportunity.

Sad, sad news that I had always believed and now it seems that LC has confirmed it.

Wish we had a better interviewer for Crouch. It was more like listening to a defence lawyer asking him questions.

Just glad the fool is not in charge. It needs more than just passion to make us successful again, a cool head and tough decisions need to be made, Crouch just not possess the right qualities, he lets his heart rule his head.

He is making him self look a fool if he thinks 5 to 6000 fans are staying away because of Lowe and Wilde. If this is true then our attendances will not rise if we suddenly started winning more games at home and climbing the table.

Just hope this point can be proven vey soon.

I didnt listen to the show but it is interesting that now LF has admitted Allen was interested in the club.

At the time I was told that Allen didnt carry on as he was sick to death of the dithering of the board and a certain person who had long standing family ties to the club would not agree, also a member of the Wilde bunch was also dragging his feet. By the time they came around reluctantly Allen lost interest.

I said at the time on here, the board would always deny that Allen was there as the fans would never forgive the board losing the biggest opporunity in the clubs HISTORY.

It seems we have had it from as close as it can get that as I was reliably told, Paul Allen was interested in us.

many will rubbish it, and that is why the board has got away scot free with their incompetance at that time. We must remember that there were fans on the board and they were party to losing that fantastic opportunity.

Sad, sad news that I had always believed and now it seems that LC has confirmed it.

While they are in the mood for spilling the beans, maybe they could give us more info as to why it all went pear shape.

Nick, I don't dispute for a moment what you have been told but I would be gobsmacked if Paul Allen ever personally visited the club or showed any direct interest. Intermediaries perhaps - maybe people claiming to represent him?

If there had been an offer of any description it would be in the public domain through the LSE. So, although Leon can believe that Allen wanted to buy - it's still simply his opinion with no basis in fact, or else we would have seen a tabled bid.

Allen, to my knowledge, has never confirmed to anybody that he was ever interested in buying SFC. Why the constant denials from him and his representatives if he was?

LC was convinced Allen was involved as were many others. However it was through Tom McLoughlin (tommac) and we all know he was not the most reliable of individuals.

If there is blame "tommac" is where it lay not the board or any members of it, in my humble opinion.

Stanley

I thought you had f***ED off. clearly another lie.

Can you at least ry and put foward a balanced argument, instead of this constant anti lowe vile rhetoric you keep spouting.

Crouch is not the answer, wilde is not the answer and neither is lowe.

If we have another boardroom merry go round it will cost the club thousands in severence pay to lowe and wilde money we can ill afford to pay out.

and also lowe and wilde etc would still be the majority shareholders.

Please father Christmas I have been sort of good this year, I have only slagged off Alpine but now stanley is ****ing me right off. Forgive me these transgressions and bring me a new owner for the club I love so much. I will not ask for anymore presents , if you provide me and my fellow fans a brand new board with some reasonable cash to take this club forward.

Tuesday is when i leave for warmer climes, but i'm reliably informed my hotel has internet access so i may pop in to say hi.

Leon Crouch is the answer IMO out of the three. Lowes divisive presence has seen attendances drop by 5,000. This fact alone makes him a liability. Michael Wilde is just a waste of space and always has been.

Tuesday is when i leave for warmer climes, but i'm reliably informed my hotel has internet access so i may pop in to say hi.

Leon Crouch is the answer IMO out of the three. Champsionship football has seen attendances drop by 5,000. This fact alone makes him a liability. Michael Wilde is just a waste of space and always has been.

Happy to help...

LC was convinced Allen was involved as were many others. However it was through Tom McLoughlin (tommac) and we all know he was not the most reliable of individuals.

If there is blame "tommac" is where it lay not the board or any members of it, in my humble opinion.

Weston, all along there has been a smokescreen and perhaps many were duped but LC has now confirmed that there was some kind of contact.Dont forget MC admitted she flew across to someone with direct contact to Allen to try and get the interest going again.

I again believe (rightly or wrongly) that the board qwould be desperate for the fans not to really know that they had totally co###ed up something that was potentially the biggest thing in our history.I do know that RL and co were hopping mad as they saw it going pearshaped and they were at that stage not empowered to move things on. The powers to be at that time were indecisive and a person like Allen does not have time to mess around.I suspect he would also be a man would expect to be welcomed with open arms not 'shall we , shan't we'

Leon Crouch is the answer IMO out of the three. Lowes divisive presence has seen attendances drop by 5,000. This fact alone makes him a liability. Michael Wilde is just a waste of space and always has been.

Stanley enjoy your break im sure we will. If RL is the reason that attendances will drop by 5000 I dont see why the club are opening the corners for a game in Jan

Weston, all along there has been a smokescreen and perhaps many were duped but LC has now confirmed that there was some kind of contact.Dont forget MC admitted she flew across to someone with direct contact to Allen to try and get the interest going again.

I again believe (rightly or wrongly) that the board qwould be desperate for the fans not to really know that they had totally co###ed up something that was potentially the biggest thing in our history.I do know that RL and co were hopping mad as they saw it going pearshaped and they were at that stage not empowered to move things on. The powers to be at that time were indecisive and a person like Allen does not have time to mess around.I suspect he would also be a man would expect to be welcomed with open arms not 'shall we , shan't we'

Here is my take on it from many snippets of conversations I have had.

"tommac" knows Allen through the airline leasing business and also knows Paul Gregg a previous director and shareholder of Everton. That is the football connection.

"tommac", I will not use his real name, approaches Saints board to say Allen is interested. He also lets it slip to the London papers on purpose for obvious reasons.

Allen is not interested but "tommac" convinced the board that Allen has cooled on the deal but worry not as he and Gregg often buy into a deal, clean it up and Allen follows.

Discussions take place to try to convince all the main shareholders to agree to sell their shares but Wilde smells a rat as no finances have been revealed just promises.

When the deal is stuttering and knowing how desperate the existing Executives are to clinch a deal he askes and gets a 5 figure sum to broker a deal with a larger 5 figure sum when clinched. To keep up his importance he leaks more to the London press.

By some warped sense he thinks, quite wrongly, a message board can also further his desires.

However this is not his business nor does he have the right experience and when things do not develop he stoops to be even more economical with the truth.

The rest, as we say, is history.

"tommac" was the poison from the moment he arrived on behalf of Allen

That is my opinion of what took place. As I say it is based on some facts disclosed to me from many sources.

Anyway it is history now and I will not be commenting on it further.