De Ridder

edprice1984

There are a couple of things this mboard can learn from the De Ridder signing

Firstly, pace does not equal ability. Whilst some of fans seem to hero worship sprinters it doesn't mean they are good footballers

Secondly, De Ridder is concrete evidence that you tube clips are no gauge to base a players ability on

This.

The bloke was useless, the worst winger we have signed in years.

He ran fast, he tried hard, but he never influenced anything. Never put in the right cross, the right pass, it just was never going to happen for him here. And he seemed to do bugger all up at Bolton recently too. I don't quite understand him as a player really.

I would be interested to see if a change of league / country will make any difference.

I thought he was a decent player at times, however it wasnt consistent, hes a championship player at best, but i think a different country with a standard of the championship should help him gain confidence and look good in the odd game.

Harsh by some to say he was the worse winger we have signed in years, he was never getting a look in after Punchs season last year and with MP liking Gaston Lallana and Jay Rod playing on the wings as well, plus his ability not being good enough for the prem.

I thought he was a decent player at times, however it wasnt consistent, hes a championship player at best, but i think a different country with a standard of the championship should help him gain confidence and look good in the odd game.

Harsh by some to say he was the worse winger we have signed in years, he was never getting a look in after Punchs season last year and with MP liking Gaston Lallana and Jay Rod playing on the wings as well, plus his ability not being good enough for the prem.

• 4 weeks later...
Well well well says a lot for the Dutch league then!

I think it's more that De Ridder just didn't suit out style. We don't play with quick wingers bombing it down the wings, we have skilful wide players who cut inside and overlapping fullbacks. De Ridder had the talent. His touch was decent, his movement excellent and he could finish when he got into a decent position. He just never looked on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. His runs went un-noticed or were always at the wrong time.

No he probably isn't Prem quality but he isn't the disgrace some on here make him out to be. He was a nice bloke who tried hard and had the occasional moment of brilliance. Good luck to him.

Well well well says a lot for the Dutch league then!

just about right. There are hundreds of players who wouldn't make the bench for a Prem.side, but can still put in a performance at a lower level.

SDR had his chances and he couldn't cut it, no shame in trying.

We moved up through the leagues so quickly, there were bound to be some who " fell by the wayside ", and he was one.

I really hope he does well for Utrecht, they need it . The last time I saw the Dutch table they were bottom.