Football Manager 2014

Matthew Le God

Some of the positions you have set are bemusing.

Adam Lallana plays out wide far more often then he does straight through the middle. Wanyama and Schneiderlin are also arguably equally accomplished DMs as they are CMs, if not more so.

Thankfully there's an editor to change all of my disagreements with MLG this year.

Adam Lallana plays out wide far more often then he does straight through the middle.

Lallana is not a conventional beat the fullback for pace down the outside winger and Saints under Pochettion use Lallana in a narrow midfield where the width comes from Shaw and Clyne almost playing as wingers pushing very high and wide up the pitch.

How I've set him on the game is so he can play on the right/left/centre of the 3 in Pochettino's 4-2-3-1 system. He can be used further wide if you need to.

Wanyama and Schneiderlin are also arguably equally accomplished DMs as they are CMs, if not more so.

They can still both be used as DM's in the game. If played together in a two they aren't both used as DM's. Against Stoke and Fulham Wanyama played as a DM with Schneiderlin and Ward-Prowse as CM's.

I've got this new football game on my iphones which is miles better than Football Manager! It's called "Football Chairman"! No jokes, you get to be Nicola Cortese!

As we all know FM is too complications nowadays, on Football Chairman all you do is appoint a manager. Every now & again he comes to you saying he wants to sign so-and-so. And if you want you can build bigger stadium or training ground, but other than that you just sit back and collect all the plaudits of getting promotions! Or if not promotions, you is just sack manager & get a new one! It's awesome! I can play a whole season in like 10 minutes!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/football-chairman-lite/id652860066?mt=8

I've got this new football game on my iphones which is miles better than Football Manager! It's called "Football Chairman"! No jokes, you get to be Nicola Cortese!

As we all know FM is too complications nowadays, on Football Chairman all you do is appoint a manager. Every now & again he comes to you saying he wants to sign so-and-so. And if you want you can build bigger stadium or training ground, but other than that you just sit back and collect all the plaudits of getting promotions! Or if not promotions, you is just sack manager & get a new one! It's awesome! I can play a whole season in like 10 minutes!

Is there a spoon finding sub-game?

It's a deal-breaker.

No they've kept it as stripped back as possible, you can't even set parking charges or ban matt le tiss.

What I like to do tho is we're doing really well i unexpectedly sack manager hahaha! All the fans go mental but there is nothing they can do about it it hahaha! They have to take it!

Lallana is not a conventional beat the fullback for pace down the outside winger and Saints under Pochettion use Lallana in a narrow midfield where the width comes from Shaw and Clyne almost playing as wingers pushing very high and wide up the pitch.

How I've set him on the game is so he can play on the right/left/centre of the 3 in Pochettino's 4-2-3-1 system. He can be used further wide if you need to.

They can still both be used as DM's in the game. If played together in a two they aren't both used as DM's. Against Stoke and Fulham Wanyama played as a DM with Schneiderlin and Ward-Prowse as CM's.

How have we got a 4-2-3-1 then if the 2 don't play as a 2?

I am also loving this game bear. Obviously I am awesome in the role of chairman and my team (FC Malden - you might see them mentioned in the press shortly) are flying through the divisions. All you have to do is plough all your money into the youth set up and the training. I learnt this from little Nicky. Every manager seems to want to go down the Redknapp route of signing average players in their 30's. The main message I receive every week is that the manager is either frustrated or furious about me not letting him do this.

I am also trying to implement a policy of just signing Italian players or players from the Italian leagues (depending on who you believe) but these never seem to come up as an option. At one point I refused to buy any non Italians for so long, I didn't have enough players for the bench. This was too Pompey like for me so I agreed to sign some English players for now.

I am also loving this game bear. Obviously I am awesome in the role of chairman and my team (FC Malden - you might see them mentioned in the press shortly) are flying through the divisions. All you have to do is plough all your money into the youth set up and the training. I learnt this from little Nicky. Every manager seems to want to go down the Redknapp route of signing average players in their 30's. The main message I receive every week is that the manager is either frustrated or furious about me not letting him do this.

I am also trying to implement a policy of just signing Italian players or players from the Italian leagues (depending on who you believe) but these never seem to come up as an option. At one point I refused to buy any non Italians for so long, I didn't have enough players for the bench. This was too Pompey like for me so I agreed to sign some English players for now.

Loving this game to! Got witherindon into the prem and consistently 4th, unfortunately no champions league, so when I win the prem I'll have pretty much completed!

I got the new FM on iphones, what is good is there is new feature called "My Club" where you can invent two players and add them to Southampton squad. We won the league first season! Top scorer was World Class striker, Dirty Bearsy. The other new player was centre back called Tokyos Homosex, he requested transfer cos I kept publicly criticising him. I also done trolls on him by offering him new contract but then making it £10 per week, and when he was complaining him bout not playing I let him have a game... In goal! Hahaha Tokyos Homosex was not liking that!

I've embraced the Italian player philosophy in my game with Saints, I simmed it for a full season (Saints finished 13th) and took over at the end of May. Stoke, Sunderland and Hull went down and most of their squads were up for sale, so I managed to pick up some good players on the cheap. Currently 3rd going into Christmas.

INS

Asmir Begovic (GK, Stoke) - 8m

Ryan Shawcross (CB, Stoke) - 10m

Etienne Capoue (DM, Spurs) - 3m

Eduardo Salvio (LW, Benfica) - Loan 10m fee

Manolo Gabbiadini (ST, Sampdoria) - 11.75m

Antonio Candreva (RW, Lazio) - Free

OUTS

Most of the sh*tty youth and fringe players on frees

Steven Davis (Hull) - 1.8m

Kelvin Davis (Charlton) - Free

Danny Fox (Brum) - 675k

Jos Hooiveld (VVV) - 250k

Jason Puncheon (Wolves) - Free

Billy Sharp (Rangers) - Free

Tadanari Lee (Preston lol) - Free

Gaston Ramirez (Man City) - 25m!!!!

As Saints had the wisdom to sell Morgan in the first window for £11m to Spurs, this is the team i'm playing now:

----------------BEGOVIC--------------

CLYNE---S'CROSS-----LOVREN----SHAW

----------CAPOUE----WANYAMA-------

OSVALDO------CANDREVA-------SALVIO

---------------GABBIADINI-------------

Subs: Chambers, Yoshida, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Dorrans, Lallana, Lambert

I've been playing as Saints.

My current squad:-

GK Victor Valdes, Wojciech Szczesny, Artur Boruc

DR Callum Chambers, Utgoro Sakai

DL Luke Shaw, Utgoro Sakai

DC Doria, Dejan Lovren, Alexander Milosevic, Umtite

ML Gaston Ramirez, Vitinho

MC Wanyama, Luis Romero, Aaron Ramsey, James Ward Prowse, Jack Cork

MR Robert Pererya

ST Jackson Martinez, van Huntelaar, Pablo Osvaldo, Belfodil

Sold all these players:-

Clyne (25M), Schneiderlin (30M), Rodriguez (13M), Lambert (650K)

Playing 442.

Cheers skint, so all the 'changes' are not really worth the £25 then?

They are and they're not.

The match engine is better, although nowhere near as advanced as a football game like FIFA.

Loads of little refinements, but if I had to list them all, I'd be a bit stumped.

Thing is Tokes, where else are you going to spend 25UKP and get that amount of "entertainment" ( in terms of pure hours spent )?

That's the danger Paps. If I am going to become a smack addict again, I want to make sure it is good skag I am getting and not some rehash of the last stuff I was hooked on.

Look, if you're anything like me, you'll do three or four seasons, realise you're wasting your life (again) and return to normality sometime around Chrimbo.

I'm weirdly unaddicted to this one. Havn't even finished my first season with Saints.

I found it hard to get into as well - if you start unemployed and skip over the first season it becomes pretty interesting. You can get Antonio Candreva on a free in June 2014, he is absolutely immense.

I found it hard to get into as well - if you start unemployed and skip over the first season it becomes pretty interesting. You can get Antonio Candreva on a free in June 2014, he is absolutely immense.

I'm bizarrely like Saints as well.

Few changes to my squad - only really Munoz at CB.

Play 4-2-3-1, pressing, possession (I was doing this before MP came here :smug: - I love Biesla)

Beat the top teams, did Utd 4-0 at Old Trafford. Then get thumped by teams at the bottom - got done 5-2 by Hull!

I'm no price pikey like bearsy but £35 seems expensive on steam. There are a few people offering 'steam keys' for £25. I am not 100% sure what this is but assume that if I enter the key into steam, the game will download?

Anyone able to recommend a place to get it? Prefer to download than wait for the game to not be delivered when I am at work and then have to go to the post office between 8 and 8:30 on the forth blue moon of the month or whenever they decide to open.

Cheers.

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

I'm no price pikey like bearsy but £35 seems expensive on steam. There are a few people offering 'steam keys' for £25. I am not 100% sure what this is but assume that if I enter the key into steam, the game will download?

Anyone able to recommend a place to get it? Prefer to download than wait for the game to not be delivered when I am at work and then have to go to the post office between 8 and 8:30 on the forth blue moon of the month or whenever they decide to open.

Cheers.

Go for the Steam keys. Exactly the same benefits of buying on Steam (updates, launch from a single app). All you do is bang your key into Steam. FM will then download in Steam (as if you've purchased it from there).

Cheers, anyone you recommend using pap?

Just go for the best deal, replacement price pikey.

I'd have a wee nose on the 'net for customer complaints first, like.

I remember buying a key on eBay for something once. F**kers took two days to send an email.

MLG really rates Rodriguez, dude gets me 40 goals per season regular like clockwork yo. I hadn't realised he was so lethal from my own observations but still, you know, thanks MLG!

Probably gave him the PA of a Champions League player, the tool.

Spashed out the £35 as the other ways looked too much hassle and I didn't want Muppet show regular mlg calling me a price pikey.

Out of all the updates one mlg forgot to mention is that you can do a short corner without the hassle of the other team closing you down. Then that player (I choose odvaldo) can then run or kind of jerky crab move style to to opo 6 yard box for a shot. Osvaldo got a hattick at old trafford with this move.

The most realistic football SIM in the world just got better.

FIFA Manager 2014 is going to be the last in the series...

http://www.fifa-manager.com/home/blog/blog-article/n/News/show/offener-brief-von-gerald/

Potentially Sports Interactive/SEGA could get the English Premier League licenses (and all the other exclusives they have) in the future from EA for Football Manager 2015 onwards.

I don't use corner cheat, I don't need to cos I have super Jay-Rod!

Last night right, he scored 5 on the Saturday vs Fulham, then 6 in midweek cup game vs Burnley, then he got another 4 at the weekend vs. Liverpool. I make this him scoring 15 goals in a week. This is one of the great feats of professional football & I don't reckon it will ever be repeated. What a great player Jay-Rod is!