Football Manager 2014

Matthew Le God

Ooh, sounds like some of my requests will be met be the RTE then.

Just for the record, will the RTE allow people to change team names for an ongoing game ? Is there a "club killer" option ? Can someone put together a decent mass player creation and editing facility - literally just allow extracting to xls/csv, editing and reimport to the same IDs...?

Also for the record, just finally managed to get "my" Wales file working (haven't checked the Aberystwyth Div 2 yet though, that team sucking vortex) - though as it's based on the already existing file and I've "only" made 90,000 changes to that I can't share it with people according to the best practice rules on the SI Forum... :rolleyes:

Edited by The9

One more moan - I set the entire of the Welsh Leagues below tier 2 as "Amateur" and the game STILL insists on making clubs semi-pro as low as Tier 11, and all your players STILL sod off elsewhere as soon as possible. I know some of them (i.e. me) are too good to play at that level but not the entire squad, it's bloody ridiculous.

Are there any known workarounds or settings that will keep amateur players at clubs ? I've already set them all to 19 loyalty, makes no difference.

haha even MLG doesn't care about below the 2nd tier of Welsh football the9.

That's cos he ain't no player, and don't worry, I have no interest in his boring changes to FM video either, couldn't even get to the end of it, and I'm sure some of that stuff is in 13.3.3 anyway.

Edited by The9

• 4 weeks later...

Skint saint, you not been watching the videos? Loads has changed. Bigger pics for blind people, save online for savers online, cheat mode for cheaters and loads more. FFS keep up with these massive advances in technology or you won't understand any of the changes when FM2015 is released with all it's overhauls.

Has anyone got a good tactic for FM2014 beta?

I just want something that I can use to steamroller teams. I only really care about the end of season praise.

MLG - perhaps you should suggest that. Football Manager Climax. A game featuring nothing but season platitudes for the time poor.

Lovren's has gone down a lot from the last game, he was somewhere between 140-150 at Lyon and now seems to be ranging 130-140..

Yep, the Lyon researcher reduced him in the summer. But if he continues performing as he has for Saints so far he'll be getting a boost for the January update. But as I said a lot more Saints players got an increase than those that were decreased.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Refusing to touch this until 31st October.

i have the beta but played a couple of games, got about 12 first team injuries so problem there i think. Gunna put it down till its all ironed out...probably in about the 5th patch!

game seems the same as the last one, just touched up the game graphics and a few menu screens but haven't played enough to find out if anything major has changed with the game yet.

Edited by skintsaint

I didn't buy FM13 but quite enjoying this one so far.

Compared to FM12 it is exactly the same game with a graphics update and some presentational tweaks giving additional analysis. I don't know how many of these were included in FM13.

Currently about 30 games into my first season and having lost my first 2 away games 4-0 and 6-0 I've managed to spend most of the season in 5th/6th. Dropped down to 8th/9th recently though - not really sure what has driven the change in fortunes.

Playing 2 up front from Osvaldo, Rickie and J Rod. I'd say 90% of shots miss the target by miles (crossing the goal line outside of the penalty area) - which is frustrating.

Clyne has been awesome as has spiderman.

i have the beta but played a couple of games, got about 12 first team injuries so problem there i think. Gunna put it down till its all ironed out...probably in about the 5th patch!

game seems the same as the last one, just touched up the game graphics and a few menu screens but haven't played enough to find out if anything major has changed with the game yet.

There always seems to be a problem with injures when the game first comes out.

The free demo and an updated version of the beta is now on Steam.

You will need to have downloaded Steam and created an account - if you haven't done that yet, you can do so here...

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Once you've launched and logged into Steam...

1. In the search bar, type Football Manager 2014 Demo

2. On the right hand side click the 'DOWNLOAD DEMO' button (you may need to scroll down to see this)

3. Follow the instructions to complete the download

The Demo lasts for 6 in-game months and, as with the Beta, you can carry on your save when you have the full game.

Edited by Matthew Le God

MLG - What's all this b*llocks about it being a club philosophy to sign players from Italy?

Does that mean our management team would have got boll*cked for signing Wanyama?

I think because we have purchased a player from Italy every season since the takeover MLG has decided its club policy :lol:

I think because we have purchased a player from Italy every season since the takeover MLG has decided its club policy :lol:

It's nonsense.

Sort it out, MLG. I have to load the f**king Italian league just to be able to adhere to club philosophy OR look like a whining bast when I ask for club policy to be changed.