Football Manager 2014

Matthew Le God

But you play on a nokia or something don;t you bear? This isn't the official MLG one.

I like the new one cause of all the mistakes. It gives it character and makes it feel new. Only yesterday I was enjoying how Morgan signed 3 contracts he asked for in one year and how I was able to fix Darren Fletcher's stomach problem. I also got 2 players from Italy but this wasn't enough for NC who is never satisfied.

Yeah i don't play the complications one, i play the one on iphones. It's better cos it don't take over ur whole life - I just play it when I'm having dump or in cinema or driving. I don't think this at all undermines my achievement in winning back to back premier league titles tho! Or J-Rod achievement in scoring 15 goals in one week.

Cortese is more hands off in iphones version, he's not once been complaining bout me not signing italians. On the other hand someone (Les Reed?) sends me a report after every game, even if I'm win 9-0, saying I'm not playing with enough "width".

Thanks for asking. I am using my own tactic I made. I call it the "Lift-off" cos it is 4-3-2-1. What I do is get J-Rod to score 15 goals per week + the other lads just chip in if they're not too busy.

I am win League (twice)

I am win FA Cup

I am win League Cup

I am win Champions League

I expect I'll win quadruple in my 3rd season. I will let u know.

No one cares about dumb Nokia version bear. This is the official Football Manager 2014 thread for official game users only, not people who have to stop playing to answer calls and texts.

I want to hear more from Skintsaint as he doesn't make dumb and pointless posts, he punishes people that do. Plus he seems to be the first to do a league win with saints.

If anything my achievements is even more impressive! Imagine if Jose Mourinho was on toilet + the only method he had of contacting team was via iphones - do you think he would be able to guide Chelsea to Champions League glory under this circumstance? Prob not, but I have done exactly that - and even more cos I done it with Saints!

Pls could all haters suck it. Tks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2515877/Southampton-masterplan-win-Premier-League.html

They had begun at the Emirates with six English players: Clyne, Luke Shaw, captain Adam Lallana, Jay Rodriguez, Rickie Lambert and Ward-Prowse. Chairman Nicola Cortese harbours an ambition to field 11.

Can somebody please call the mail and tell them that this is Bull.

Cortese wants Italian players only!!

Thanks for asking. I am using my own tactic I made. I call it the "Lift-off" cos it is 4-3-2-1. What I do is get J-Rod to score 15 goals per week + the other lads just chip in if they're not too busy.

I am win League (twice)

I am win FA Cup

I am win League Cup

I am win Champions League

I expect I'll win quadruple in my 3rd season. I will let u know.

Pretty sure 4321 is an established tactic bear - otherwise known as the Christmas tree.

• 2 weeks later...
End of Season 3, won the Champions League and finished 3rd for the second consecutive season. If I can win the title next season I will go out in a blaze of glory and start another game..

Just resign and take over a foreign lower league club or something. It's always interesting seeing how a robot does with your all star team.

Just resign and take over a foreign lower league club or something. It's always interesting seeing how a robot does with your all star team.

I couldn't do that, it would hurt too much to see all my hard work ruined! This is why I think Fergie will kill himself within 12 months.

As for the aforementioned all-star team, this is my XI going into Season 4...

---------------BEGOVIC----------------

CLYNE----LOVREN----BALANTA----SHAW

-----ILLARAMENDI----WANYAMA--------

---------------------------------------

HERRMANN-----PROWSEY-------BERNARD

--------------GABBIADINI---------------

Subs: Chambers, Kurzawa, Shawcross, Cork, Candreva, Villagarcia (RG), De Luca

Got bored of Saints.

Started a new save with Ipswich.

Came absolutely flying out of the blocks, playing Poch's 4231 high tempo, pressing, possession. Spanking it up until xmas, well was 2nd - which when tipped for safe mid-table was pretty decent.

Then just before Jan, absolutely fell off a cliff. Good thing for that start otherwise I'd have been relegated. Nothing could stop the rot, changing players, changing tactics, training etc etc.

Finished 19th FFS.

Back to the drawing board, with no money to spend. May just sell my 2 best players and try rebuild on £10m, ambitious.

I couldn't do that, it would hurt too much to see all my hard work ruined! This is why I think Fergie will kill himself within 12 months.

As for the aforementioned all-star team, this is my XI going into Season 4...

---------------BEGOVIC----------------

CLYNE----LOVREN----BALANTA----SHAW

-----ILLARAMENDI----WANYAMA--------

---------------------------------------

HERRMANN-----PROWSEY-------BERNARD

--------------GABBIADINI---------------

Subs: Chambers, Kurzawa, Shawcross, Cork, Candreva, Villagarcia (RG), De Luca

So much time for Herrmann, had a Gladbach save on my last game. He was my star man.

Hi all

I've been at the tactics creator again and have managed to fashion up my first version of the "Pochettino tactic" for this year's version of FM.

I haven't got time to go into massive detail about it but as you know, it's a 4-2-3-1 formation, high-pressing, two defensive midfielders, ball playing centre halves, distribution via the goalkeeper is almost always on the floor and the fullbacks provide the width. An attacking trio support the lone striker and there is a significant emphasis on passing.

Here's the file; http://www.filesnack.com/files/c7tiy93u

You may want to alter this to suit who you're playing, but here's the default "team instructions" setup you must enter for it to work;

- retain possession

- hassle opponents

- stay on feet

- higher tempo

- shorter passing

- much higher defensive line

- roam from positions

There has been individual tweaks to suit players per their position too but that's within the tactic so you don't worry about changing them, just set the above.

The main key to this tactic is persistence - it'll be awful for the first couple of weeks before suddenly everything clicks as the players adapt to the formation, tactics and become familiar with it. Then you'll start to see the results (and performances) radically changing!

You'll often dominate possession against 85% of teams and this will be reflected in the statistics (often 60% dominance) and if you watch the game, the performances. I'm still working on it being an exact replica, but it's as good as I can muster up for now!

Enjoy!

Hey Tokes x

Well, only tested for half a season but so far...

iek8.jpg

You do get caught a couple of times because of the high-line but so far, it seems to be working out ok. Still trying to get them to pass more though, we're only the 4th highest passers in the league; that said, the calibre of players at my disposal aren't exactly that of my rivals!

I can't find a way at the moment to get any set piece routines working at the moment... you got any tips? We've been awful from set plays!

Hi all

I've been at the tactics creator again and have managed to fashion up my first version of the "Pochettino tactic" for this year's version of FM.

I haven't got time to go into massive detail about it but as you know, it's a 4-2-3-1 formation, high-pressing, two defensive midfielders, ball playing centre halves, distribution via the goalkeeper is almost always on the floor and the fullbacks provide the width. An attacking trio support the lone striker and there is a significant emphasis on passing.

Here's the file; http://www.filesnack.com/files/c7tiy93u

You may want to alter this to suit who you're playing, but here's the default "team instructions" setup you must enter for it to work;

- retain possession

- hassle opponents

- stay on feet

- higher tempo

- shorter passing

- much higher defensive line

- roam from positions

There has been individual tweaks to suit players per their position too but that's within the tactic so you don't worry about changing them, just set the above.

The main key to this tactic is persistence - it'll be awful for the first couple of weeks before suddenly everything clicks as the players adapt to the formation, tactics and become familiar with it. Then you'll start to see the results (and performances) radically changing!

You'll often dominate possession against 85% of teams and this will be reflected in the statistics (often 60% dominance) and if you watch the game, the performances. I'm still working on it being an exact replica, but it's as good as I can muster up for now!

Enjoy!

Looks pretty similar to mine.

As I said above, I had this with my Ipswich team. Start off great, hammering teams left right and centre (well stats wise anyway - lacked a clinical striker), but all of a sudden it just stopped working. I panicked and started trying all sorts.

:blush:

Despite MLG's faux pas with Italian league players, Southampton have some of the best players in the game.

Real Madrid came in for Wanyama. Sold him for 43m to allow some of the youngsters a go. Gaston Ramirez is excellent too. Still in my team and played as an inside forward. Worth 33M.

Some highly recommended players. Doria. Vitinho. Kevin Volland. I am trying Gaston Gil Romero out too. Looks like a steal for 12m.

Looks pretty similar to mine.

As I said above, I had this with my Ipswich team. Start off great, hammering teams left right and centre (well stats wise anyway - lacked a clinical striker), but all of a sudden it just stopped working. I panicked and started trying all sorts.

:blush:

Uh oh...!

To be fair, I experimented a few different team instructions in the first 4-5 games, then decided to "stick" to my original formula. For some reason, the season then turned around and we were gradually getting better. Hopefully I won't expect your 2nd half of the season crash, but I'm now bracing for it!!!!

Uh oh...!

To be fair, I experimented a few different team instructions in the first 4-5 games, then decided to "stick" to my original formula. For some reason, the season then turned around and we were gradually getting better. Hopefully I won't expect your 2nd half of the season crash, but I'm now bracing for it!!!!

There's a few small differences, I had play out from the back, short passing and work ball into the box set on mine.

Maybe that's the difference.

It was odd, I was quite Saints like at the start - loads of possesion, tight defence but just not enough goals. Then all of a sudden the defence went completely to pot - oddly enough, when my best player Cresswell (lb) came back from injury.

In pre-season of 2nd season now. Had Cresswell & Hyam (my 2 best players) sold from beneath me for a combined £12m. Going to do a rebuild job me thinks, shipped out some of the older, over-paid deadwood. Yes you McGoldrick.

Hoping I can unearth me some gems.

In the next data update you will see that I've made Cortese indifferent to signings from Italy.

Nice one, MLG.

SaintsWeb, we have changed the (Football Manager) world. Rejoice, and cheers again for keeping the ears open, MLG.