All of you people going to Man U

rocknrollman no2

Why are you bothering/?

We dont even know who will be here and most of the stadium will be full of plastic Manure fans taking the P-iS-s when they go 5-0 up.

At the moment we dont stand a chance in hell.

How will we fare when most of our loans go back to their original clubs?

Who cares. There will be 16 guys wearing red and white stripes, that's what supporting your team is all about. The badge on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Why are you bothering/?

We dont even know who will be here and most of the stadium will be full of plastic Manure fans taking the P-iS-s when they go 5-0 up.

i want lowe gone BUT if we adopted your attitude in the early 60's we would not have got to a cup semi final as a division 2 club or lead United 2 nil at half time ( we did lose 3-2) in a cup game the next season.

Underdogs do sometimes win

Who cares. There will be 16 guys wearing red and white stripes, that's what supporting your team is all about. The badge on the front is more important than the name on the back.

Mate i have supported OUR TEAM for more years than i care to remember.

The last four seasons have been the worst i have ever seen,yet still i go ,even on a manky Tuesday night to watch us draw against Plymouth in a very boring game.

How many of those going for the Manure game would have gone to most games this season?

i want lowe gone BUT if we adopted your attitude in the early 60's we would not have got to a cup semi final as a division 2 club or lead United 2 nil at half time ( we did lose 3-2) in a cup game the next season.

Underdogs do sometimes win

I really hope you are right,but lets face it we will lose.

Football is now all about money and we are very poor.

No one will be happier than me if we win,but after the last time i dont want to be on the receiving end of a Manure hammering.

I am starting to wonder why I bothered to get a ticket for this match.

Lots of my Manchester United mates already have tickets in the home ends. Guess just aslong as they respect the home crowd and don't cheer when United score they will be alright.

Personally I hate the fact of having all the plastics back, but will be nice to see St Marys full for once.

HOW HAVE MAN UNITED FANS ALREADY MANAGED TO GET ****ING TICKETS!?!?!

I will be going definitely. Only missed 2 games this season home or away. Will be brilliant to see the Itchen North back to it's best. Well lets hope so unless there's Man United fans that have got tickets in there.

I have no doubt we will lose. I have bought tiockets for the game because foolishly I cling to the hope we might cause an upset. I want ot see our young players up against the Man u but I do fear a hammering but I still will go and however we are opposed we will both be screaming for Saints

Because i have only missed 4 games so far this season, so i think its about time after watching the 4-1 thrashings at QPR and Coventry and the drab home performances i think its about time i saw a decent team.

Lots of my Manchester United mates already have tickets in the home ends. Guess just aslong as they respect the home crowd and don't cheer when United score they will be alright.

Personally I hate the fact of having all the plastics back, but will be nice to see St Marys full for once.

If they do cheer they'll get thrown out. Might end up with 15,000 in the ground by the end.

I imagine the many that travelled to reading were thinking they were up for a roasting as well.

Bet they are all chuffed to bits. Football and especially cup games can produce some memoriable moments.

Even if we do get trounced , chances are you wll see some good football :D

As I live in Brussels I only get to see a few games each year........the last 2 games, I saw us draw 0-0 with Coventry and lose 0-1 to Preston......when you consider it costs me close to €500 to watch a game with all the travel involved, I reckon I deserve to watch this game........plus I booked Preston later in the year too at the same time. Fair enough, I'm bringing 2 plastics with me to Man U, but its all in hospitality, so it has to be worth something to the club financially.

Besides, Saints need the plastics.......if we play well and see a great game, a lot of those part time fans may start coming back...........

I loved it when one of the plastic Manc scum got whacked with a golf umbrella full around the head when Man U sullied the Dell turf with another boring title win (think it was 2000). Stewards did nowt as well. Hate them, I really do although Liverpool and Chelsea plastics are irritating as well. Remember the stick they gave us when we went down folks, let's give them a hostile atmosphere.

Why are you bothering/?

Because I'm a fan...? Through thick and thin for 35 years why change...?

With your attitude you could always take up carpet bowls or something

Your right, lets only go when we know we will win.

I think there's going to be a great atmosphere on the day, every single person apart from p*mpey fans will want us to win that day, and yeah, we probably will lose. However I think theres going to be such a buzz around the place on the very small off chance that we could pull something off. We have no pressure on us so should be pretty enjoyable (until we start losing)

Go to Forest instead. You'll have 15 quid spare for food, beers, travel, see us play far better football and hopefully move up the league table, not to mention a far better atmosphere. Forcing them to open the corners for the Forest game would be an excellent achievement by the fans. If you haven't been for a while and haven't seen the new team play, go along. It's 15 quid, you won't find a better value match around. Even Eastleigh is 9 or 10 now.

Hear, hear.

Well said.

I loved it when one of the plastic Manc scum got whacked with a golf umbrella full around the head when Man U sullied the Dell turf with another boring title win (think it was 2000). Stewards did nowt as well. Hate them, I really do although Liverpool and Chelsea plastics are irritating as well. Remember the stick they gave us when we went down folks, let's give them a hostile atmosphere.

There will certainly be a hostile atmosphere in town, what with the recent history.

No doubt there will be various "revenge" missions from their point of view and plenty of our morons will be out in force.

Shame the plastic Saint fans could not be at SMS today (or some of the other matches this season) rather than just attending for Man Utd

I've previously had a season ticket for many years but due to financial restraints like an 11 month old boy and a wife looking after him and working part time I am unable to attend the games like I used to. Add to this the amount of games played on a week night and living in bristol it does make it hard to attend both financially and physically.

Now I still follow the results as passionatly as I ever have and will always be red and white and Ok I haven't got a post count in the thousands but what right does that give you to critizise other people and call them plastic fans due to them not living in Southampton locality and not havin the available finance and time.

I'm going to try to get to the game against Man U which will probably be my only chance because of who they are and that slim chance we might surprise them.

Just because you're a regular attendee to the games makes you think you're so much better than me. Well my family have worked with the club for years I've supported over 30 years myself does that make me better than someone who has only supported 10 years???