#OurJourney

Saint-Armstrong

#OurJourney is a new social media feature, where the club will post regular media content online that documents Saints' rise up the leagues and back to the Premier League, via the medium of YouTube.

I decided to post the initial entry here, and if people like the concept, I would like to try and keep the thread updated (between us, as and when we see the latest instalments) as the feature continues. Over time, it should develop into a great little thread with various nostalgia trips from our time in the lower divisions.

Four years ago on the 9th of October 2009... Saints won 3-1 at Southend.

[video=youtube;ZmRCW8ZeI-Y]

Let me know what you think of the concept of 'Our Journey', and whether you think we should keep the original thread updated.

Thanks.

I really like this idea. We all know how far we've come since the take over but its great to see some of those games from the early days. I would like to see the 4-1 home win against Gillingham from that season. I can't find highlights from that game anywhere.

I really like this idea. We all know how far we've come since the take over but its great to see some of those games from the early days. I would like to see the 4-1 home win against Gillingham from that season. I can't find highlights from that game anywhere.

Was that the game that got us off minus points?

I miss those days. That Southend game was the first time the Lambert song properly kicked off I seem to remember.

Don't know about that, I can remember it being chanted at his first league game (Huddersfield away). Never actually realised before that I was there for his first league goal for Saints.

Don't know about that, I can remember it being chanted at his first league game (Huddersfield away). Never actually realised before that I was there for his first league goal for Saints.

The 'songsheets' were first handed out for the song the game after Huddersfield at Swindon. My only memory of the Friday night in Southend is singing the Lambert song for ages in the second half and thinking I was glad that it'd finally been kicked off properly rather than 2 or 3 people singing it.

it's only fair of them to upload the games if they're not going to release a dvd. We've had some great years in the lower leagues.

It's just the first season at League 1 level we're missing. A pity too as they had the highlights as a package at the Sash kit launch event the next summer. The footage and production work was essentially done!

Yeah but were you there for his first competitive goal for Saints? Under 11,000 were.

The 'songsheets' were first handed out for the song the game after Huddersfield at Swindon. My only memory of the Friday night in Southend is singing the Lambert song for ages in the second half and thinking I was glad that it'd finally been kicked off properly rather than 2 or 3 people singing it.

I went to the Northampton, Huddersfield (A) and Swindon (A) games, and the first time I saw a songsheet (in the Northam) or heard the song was the next home match at Brentford. The only singing I remember from Swindon was singing for Pardew to make subs. Presumably the songs were on the terrace not in the seats?

• 2 weeks later...
It's a nice idea, but they should start with the dark days (i.e. some of our worst days in Championship relegation season), to make us appreciate the rise more.

Not many videos around but last weekend, 5 years ago, in our relegation season, we lost 3-0 to Swansea: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7674429.stm

And 5 years ago yesterday, we drew 1-1 at home to Coventry ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7683981.stm ) with the following side:

Davis, James, Wotton, Cork, Skacel, Thomson (Smith 77), Schneiderlin, Euell, Surman (Wright-Phillips 90), Lallana (Pekhart 82), McGoldrick.

Kudos to anyone who can remember/work out who was in the back four, given that there are no recognised defenders in the entire starting XI!!! My guess is that it was indeed the first four listed (James, Wotton, Cork, Skacel), but can't remember it that well...

Personally what I miss the most is a thread from nickg to remind us all.

Soft sentimental cod ****, will we always hark back to Colchester away or Hartlepool, this illusion should be pulled when we are genuinely struggling.

Actually I think it helps keep some people a little more grounded, and reminds us just how close we were to going out of business. But each to their own.

Actually I think it helps keep some people a little more grounded, and reminds us just how close we were to going out of business. But each to their own.

Agree,

Also reminds me of some good times. Had a great time in L1, there were some superb away days.

You probably wouldn't know Barry as you probably weren't at any of them.

I enjoy these glimpses of the past from the club, reminds me how much fun it has been to be a Saints fan since ML took over. This video reminds me how good Butterfield was at crossing, how good Chaplow was for us before his injury, and what a big part Guly played getting us out of the lower leagues.

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy these glimpses of the past from the club, reminds me how much fun it has been to be a Saints fan since ML took over. This video reminds me how good Butterfield was at crossing, how good Chaplow was for us before his injury, and what a big part Guly played getting us out of the lower leagues.

I can't see the problem with reminding ourselves every so often of just how far we've come in so short a time... The moment we forget is the moment we become Pompey...

When you die, I won't remember you. Barely anyone will.

flawless-victory.jpg?w=418

The video is brilliant. I love seeing Guly, Kelvin, Butterfield, Connolly (yes!), Hammond, Fonte etc. just oozing the same confidence that the present team does. Maybe because the present top PL team IS largely the same band of lower league players from back then - what are they feeding those guys?!

Videos like these are something that fans of the "top teams" will never have. A crazy and chaotic journey down and up through the leagues that gives us a different perspective from the other top teams in the PL. For them it's business as usual - will we get a CL place, will we finish above our rivals? To us it's just überlolz all the way... :lol:

And yes, MBS called it: that 2nd goal was almost a copy of Jay Rods from the weekend!

This time four years ago, we were kicking off the first round of the FA cup at Bristol R.

One of the best away day in our renaissance.

Alas we were debating whether a cup competition got in the way of a push up the league....

Edited by shurlock