Favourite Jos Howler?

Saint Charlie

Exactly the sort of thread a skate would start. Are you a ****ing skate Saint Charlie?
He certainly has divided loyalties where Saints are concerned with his heart very much Cherry Red.

Never seen it posted but until Hooivelt moved to Celtic he played at left back. Even at Celtic he played often as a left sided midfielder.

Unnecessary. Like Fox, no shame in not being good enough. Rather have him around than Osvaldo headbutting anyone who dares to dispossess him and playing Billy Big ******** with the rest of his teammates.

Having said this, I did not expect him to start again for us and not in a game like this. Our defensive line was left shattered way too many times by his aimless midfield incursions to sweep the ball away that just ended up with the whole of defense compensating for him while he was too slow coming back.

Being honest, he was a loan signing in the CCC and back then we just seemed to want to get over the promotion line as the short-termism of our signings from that season except for Cork show. Should we not have signed him permanently?

After all he had been unsuccessful at Celtic who aren't in a better league than us and probably aren't a better team. The loan was going well so maybe a simple extension to the end of the season would've been enough. Then again we desperately needed a CB on the books so it was sensible to go for a guy that was doing fine even if his performances were hyped by his goal-scoring rather than mainly by his defensive ability.

We're now in a difficult position where his value is not high enough to sell him on, nor any club at his ability level will be prepared to pay his wages as it stands. Given he was successful in Scandinavia we could source there but really how many clubs could take him on? FC Copenhagen (he was there on loan but they didn't keep him in the end)? Any Dutch club (he never really had a good season or reputation at home)?

Quite hard and I'm afraid even a loan will be difficult to find.

Jos did well for us in the Championship and is a nice bloke and a good influence within the group. He's not the most talented player, but he's 4th choice CB for us and he's good enough for that role. He'll probably move on in the summer, but he's done well for us to this point (despite some howlers along the way, yes) and doesn't deserve half the **** he gets - same as the likes of Guly.

He certainly has divided loyalties where Saints are concerned with his heart very much Cherry Red.

Never seen it posted but until Hooivelt moved to Celtic he played at left back. Even at Celtic he played often as a left sided midfielder.

He would be hilarious to watch as a left mid. Only played a handful of games at Celtic though and never played in midfield for them!

In what way was Jos to blame for today's result?
Can you read? Where did I say he was to blame for today's result. Your mis-understanding of a simple sentence is beyond comprehension. I'm responding to the post not todays game.

Can you read? Where did I say he was to blame for today's result. Your mis-understanding of a simple sentence is beyond comprehension. I'm responding to the post not todays game.

Here

Shame on MP for not playing Fonte.

Why is there 'shame' in playing someone who wasn't actually responsible for the defeat? I wasn't ashamed of Jos today, just the dismal display of apathy by the manager and team in general.

Thought Jos did well today but to lighten the mood what is your favourite Jos howler in a Saints shirt?

I thought the Newcastle away one this season was high up on the howler scale, as was Fulham at home last season.

Are you going to make this topic reoccur on a monthly basis?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?48410-Favourite-Jos-Hooiveld-Moment#.UwAab2J5M_A

Felt sorry for Hooiveld at the end of the game, seemed to take the criticism from the fans personally, certainly not how it was intended from those around me.

Some who attended blame him for the goal. Seats are a long way back, but my guess is that it's preconceived opinions that led to them thinking it was a 6 foot 4 bearded swede that passed it straight to an opponent 30 yards from goal or dangled a leg at Gardner rather than Maya and Wanyama.

Some who attended blame him for the goal. Seats are a long way back, but my guess is that it's preconceived opinions that led to them thinking it was a 6 foot 4 bearded swede that passed it straight to an opponent 30 yards from goal or dangled a leg at Gardner rather than Maya and Wanyama.

Dutchman ;)

He won the ball yesterday before the goal, it was a half hearted attempt by Wanyama (who was the worst player on the pitch yesterday) that causes the goal. I prefer to focus on my favourite Jos moment being the goal against West Ham at home. That was the night I realised promotion was a definite possibility. He's a great guy, but out of his depth at this level. He could certainly do a decent job for a Championship side for a few years

I love Jos, he must be worth his weight in gold in the dressing room, keeping spirits up and most importantly helping keep the young lads' feet on the ground. He did a good job yesterday and the goal was not his fault. People like you OP should get off his back and stop writing utter bilge like this thread title.

How about a mention for his best contribution to our success......?

I'd suggest the two League games v. West Ham in our Championship season.

He scored the only goal in the home game (1-0)...which gave us the three points.....and another goal in the 1-1 draw at Upton Park.

FOUR points that made a lot of difference at the end of the season, as we got an automatic place and WHam had to endure the play-offs.