Puncheon vs Ramirez

Glasgow_Saint

Scary..... we are so much past puncheons standard.
What is scary? We complain on one hand that we have a weak squad and on the other let key squad members go. It goes to show how hard it is for a club our size to build the right kind of squad. The kind of players that we need as back-up are rarely happy waiting around to be called upon.

Nope. His basic salary is fully included in earnings for mortgage calculation. Any bonus will vary on what it is & who is offering the mortgage. He did get a signing on fee as he also proved cash on deposit, but i have absolutely no idea how much it was.

Its up to you what you want to believe. It makes absolutely no difference to me.

So you saw his contract aswell as his payslip?

Nope. His basic salary is fully included in earnings for mortgage calculation. Any bonus will vary on what it is & who is offering the mortgage. He did get a signing on fee as he also proved cash on deposit, but i have absolutely no idea how much it was.

Its up to you what you want to believe. It makes absolutely no difference to me.

So why did he lie?

“They give me so much money – €2M net per year and €1M for signing.”

I trust you over him, just wondering why he lied :?

So why did he lie?

I trust you over him, just wondering why he lied :?

Can you link the article GS? I can't find it. I'm sure I remember thinking at the time that the figures were inserted by the journalist and therefore the quote marks should close after the word 'money'. I may be wrong.

Can you link the article GS? I can't find it. I'm sure I remember thinking at the time that the figures were inserted by the journalist and therefore the quote marks should close after the word 'money'. I may be wrong.

This is getting confusing... Whose lied? Corky Morris, the Journo or Ramirez? :?

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/17/they-will-pay-me-so-much-money-liverpool-target-gaston-ramirez-set-for-southampton/67264/

Speaking to Italian daily Corriere dello Sport, the Uruguayan explained that he could still not be 100% over the deal, although he is confident.

“I’m not sure. Bologna will tell me tomorrow [today, ed.] whether I am going or not.

“Bologna has reached an agreement with Southampton. There are still a few details, but the clubs have reached an agreement in principle. And the English club has reached an agreement with me.”

And Ramirez explained that, financially, the offer from Southampton is simply delicious.

“It is the classic ‘you cannot refuse’ offer.

“I have got a four-year contract with some big numbers.

No journo listed here, but website must have deliberately misquoted him and i hope someone gets them on libel.

Where's window cleaner when you need him?

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/17/they-will-pay-me-so-much-money-liverpool-target-gaston-ramirez-set-for-southampton/67264/

I can't imagine Gaston saying 'net per year'. It just doesn't sound right. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Echo would have had those figures plastered all over their back page if they were reliable.

Website inserted figures IMHO.

V. confusing admittedly GS.

Lets face it, we brought in The Gash and let Puncheon go, and we brought in Osvaldo and let both Billy Sharp and Mayuka go. Its hard to see how any of the three departures would have done worse under any circumstances than their replacements.

Might have looked good on paper, but both decisions have been proven to be absolute turkeys, and wouldnt be surprised if they had some impact on Katharina Liebherr's thinking over the past 6 months.

I can't imagine Gaston saying 'net per year'. It just doesn't sound right. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Echo would have had those figures plastered all over their back page if they were reliable.

Website inserted figures IMHO.

V. confusing admittedly GS.

As highlighted on here several times, the original article inserted the amounts in brackets and thus didn't directly attribute the quote to Ramirez. Other websites subsequently removed the brackets thus making it look like a direct quote from Ramirez.

That's not to say that the original journo made up the figures - they may well be right - but I think its reasonable to deduce from the original article that Ramirez didn't reveal the numbers during the interview.

IMHO of course.

I think people are missing the point here, Puncheon wanted out.

Big surprise that one of Glasgow's main arguments on this site turns out to be rubbish

attachment.php?attachmentid=1246&d=1396511577

But the point is, why did Puncheon want to leave? My take on it is that he wanted more game time, which is fair enough, but goes to show how difficult it is for us to build a squad to the right level. I expect Ramirez will be off this summer, for much the same reasons.

But the point is, why did Puncheon want to leave? My take on it is that he wanted more game time, which is fair enough, but goes to show how difficult it is for us to build a squad to the right level. I expect Ramirez will be off this summer, for much the same reasons.

And that is exactly our problem at the moment. We need to build a squad not just a first eleven. We in general terms need both players not one or the other. As you say Puncheon wanted first team football, quite rightly so. I'm afraid the only way you get a good squad is to accept you have to pay good money for players to line the bench. Then make sure the quality is such that you can rotate without risking games. For us now we are at the point where we must look at squad quality it's the only way forward. For many reasons injuries will happen and a top team in general has the capacity to cover this. We have ok back up but mostly either young talent or those which with all respect are probably past their best or good Championship/ lower Prem level.

Because he wanted to be closer to his homies in London.

He went for family reasons. He said it on twitter when he left.

My villa bros at work are saying punch was running the show on sat. I think he's quite a good player but i find this hard to imagine tbh! Still, this is their testimony. I didn't watch the dumb game.

On the plus side they reckon villa was garbage and are predicting comfortable saints win for the big derby match on sat :thumbup:

I don't really buy the 'wanted to be closer to home' line, how much closer did he need to be than what he could manage playing for us?

I think that was just made up on here? dont remember seeing anything from Punch on that? He had only recently signed a new 3 year contract afterall

He's not going to say "I'm going as I don't want to be on the bench every week at Saints".

So, bottom line is we'll never know for sure why he left but two possible options are: (a) wanted to be closer to home or (b) wanted to start more games for SFC ?

I think that was just made up on here? dont remember seeing anything from Punch on that? He had only recently signed a new 3 year contract afterall

it was ponch that come out and said punch wanted to go for "personal reasons" IIRC

I done a googles + this is what ponch said. Sounds like it was bit personal reasons but also cos the amazing osvaldo would be keeping him out the team all season. Not sure how that worked out tho!

"Pochettino confirmed Puncheon joined Palace on loan for "personal reasons" but also that the arrival of Osvaldo could see him alter their formation. "With the arrival of Dani Osvaldo, Puncheon realised his chances of getting in the team were greatly reduced," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23798142

googles also said what the family reasons was but i prob don't want to speculate cos it sounded v.bad

Because he wanted to be closer to his homies in London.

Come on FFS. That's the equivalent of the "I'm leaving for family reasons" stunt I have myself pulled a couple of times to extricate myself from sh*tty companies with as little grief as possible.

London is a an hour away from Southampton. He could have split the difference and lived somewhere between Winchester and Farnborough. He'd still get home quicker than stuck in London traffic.

Personally, I dont believe it. He was told or saw he was dropping down the pecking order and jumped on his terms before he was pushed.

Come on FFS. That's the equivalent of the "I'm leaving for family reasons" stunt I have myself pulled a couple of times to extricate myself from sh*tty companies with as little grief as possible.

London is a an hour away from Southampton. He could have split the difference and lived somewhere between Winchester and Farnborough. He'd still get home quicker than stuck in London traffic.

Personally, I dont believe it. He was told or saw he was dropping down the pecking order and jumped on his terms before he was pushed.

Correct.

Strange that so many people make so much fuss about a player that clearly didn´t want to be here....

Croydon to Southampton and back would be a bit of a tiring daily commute.

Osvaldo true. About Gaston I dont know where you get that from, SWF´s body language experts?

Remember, actions speaks more than words....

People can have a go at Ramirez for not living up to his pricetag, but when you get keyboard warriors like Barry, Alpine and Glasgow WHO DON'T GO TO GAMES talking about the effort/body language then I wonder where they are getting this from.

People can have a go at Ramirez for not living up to his pricetag, but when you get keyboard warriors like Barry, Alpine and Glasgow WHO DON'T GO TO GAMES talking about the effort/body language then I wonder where they are getting this from.

I go to as many as I can, not many but 4 games a season, that makes me incorrect about Ramirez?

Keyboard warriors? Ha ha I am not one of them.

Osvaldo true. About Gaston I dont know where you get that from, SWF´s body language experts?

Remember, actions speaks more than words....

They do ****e in nearly all his 38 games he has played for us, a few little flicks wont work for me, neither will his s****y hairdo's.

His poor goal return.

His ****e delivery.

His ****e passing.

His ****e free kicks.

His ****e body language.

His ****e fitness.

His ****e injury record.

Swings it for me.