Puncheon vs Ramirez

Glasgow_Saint

Puncheon isn't really having a brilliant season though. Up until the last few weeks the majority of Palace fans wanted shot, he's picked it up in the last 4-5 weeks for sure, but to say he's had a brilliant season is a bit silly.

Punch has had a brilliant season, compared to Ramirez!!

“Jason is playing ever so well for us, we don't want to sell him and I don't think we'll be talking about selling him when the season is over”

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis

Puncheon would have been great to play selected games. Like the cup game at Sunderland for instance. He was playing awesome for us. One of 3 mp mistakes with Clyne being left out and signing of osvaldo IMO.

Puncheon would have been great to play selected games. Like the cup game at Sunderland for instance. He was playing awesome for us. One of 3 mp mistakes with Clyne being left out and signing of osvaldo IMO.

Cork was mopos 5th choice midfielder at start of season? Add that to the list

Puncheon is having another brilliant season - 6 goals in his last 12 games.

Ramirez is earning £65k pw & doing.... Mmm nothing

Did we offload the wrong player? Sure looks like it

425AirportFlyingPigs.jpg

Never thought I'd see the day I agree with Glasgow about something.

Would puncheon have got in the team ahead of Lallana, Rodriguez and Lambert?

I don t think so. Ramirez has suffered because of the other players success.

Put Ramirez in the palace team full of mediocrity and you would probably be saying the same thing about Ramirez that it was a mistake to let him go.

Pointless thread.

Puncheon is having another brilliant season - 6 goals in his last 12 games.

Ramirez is earning £65k pw & doing.... Mmm nothing

Did we offload the wrong player? Sure looks like it

Thick head, show me how ramirez is on 65k a week?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thick head, show me how ramirez is on 65k a week?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

From the horses mouth -

And Ramirez explained that, financially, the offer from Southampton is simply delicious.

“It is the classic ‘you cannot refuse’ offer.

“I have got a four-year contract with some big numbers.

“They give me so much money – €2M net per year and €1M for signing.”

€2M net per year = £1,650,000 GBP (net)

£1,650,000 net = £3,093,750.00 (Gross)

£3,093,750.00 / 52 = £60,000

Add the 1 million Euro bonus = £4k per week (over 4 year contract)

£64k per week!!

doh I was £1k out

Sent from my SM-N9005 using my thick head :lol: :?

Glasgow in attention seeking anti Gastón shock!

Ramirez is the better player: he is younger, more athletic, more skillful and more capable of making something from nothing than Punch, and one of his better traits: he seems to be better at bringing out the most annoying in Glasgow, Alpine and BS than Punch! Win win!

Right, unless Ramirez has had a salary increase you are absolutely talking nonsense about his salary!! I have seen his salary slips!! He is on £32k pw. Dont want to say how as it will impact who showed me, but He is NOT on £65k pw!!!!!

As for Puncheon having ANOTHER brilliant season............................must have missed the first one!!!

I was surprised how quickly Puncheon was out of favour as soon as Pochettino got here, for me Puncheon had eaten humble pie, got on the bus and along with Rickie was in contention for our player of the season. I thought he injected pace and directness into our game, something we lacked when he stopped getting games until Rodriguez upped his game this season. Puncheon would be a great squad player now and could have slipped in for Rodriguez, instead we have Ramirez a player unsuited for Premier league football. Puncheon was sensational in that QPR away game, a game that really got our season going and gave us belief. Can't understand why he was ostracised by the management.

Cork was mopos 5th choice midfielder at start of season? Add that to the list

Never disappoint in your ability to show how little you know about football..

Start of season, say first 12 games? Yes Cork was down the pecking order. MP didn't have a clue did he?

Strange we were fifth and had only let in 7 goals, 3 less than anyone else, level on points with Man City.

God MP looks an idiot for those early season mistakes.

Luckily sorted now, although only due to VW's injury! Bet MP agrees with you and us embarrassed now!

Hopefully he can see his stupidity. Now VW kept out last 12...we are 10th and let in 22 goals.

Bet he regrets that start...

....doh!

Think you need to try bit harder to make of wind up criticisms.

You really are off your game....did you not see those current form tables someone kept posting showing how we have deteriorated since Cork came in? ... Who started those threads?

Gross. He gets add ons for goals, win bonus, assists etc.

If youve seen his wage slip, which im sure you have

Ramirez is a liar as he said

And Ramirez explained that, financially, the offer from Southampton is simply delicious.

“It is the classic ‘you cannot refuse’ offer.

“I have got a four-year contract with some big numbers.

“They give me so much money – €2M net per year and €1M for signing.”

One of you is lying!?!?

I must admit with JRod crocked it would be nice to have Puncheon. BUT before JRod got injured I don't think he would have got many minutes on the pitch.

Also, my understanding (I'm NOT ITK) was that Puncheon wanted to go to Palace and it's common sense not to try & keep a player who dosn't want to be at the club.

Gaston is a talented footballer. His problem is that at the moment he is not as good as Lallana and that there is only really space for one of them in the team.

If Gaston wants to stay & fight fo his place I think he will repay the money spent in due course

I must admit with JRod crocked it would be nice to have Puncheon. BUT before JRod got injured I don't think he would have got many minutes on the pitch.

Also, my understanding (I'm NOT ITK) was that Puncheon wanted to go to Palace and it's common sense not to try & keep a player who dosn't want to be at the club.

Gaston is a talented footballer. His problem is that at the moment he is not as good as Lallana and that there is only really space for one of them in the team.

If Gaston wants to stay & fight fo his place I think he will repay the money spent in due course

Yours and everyone else's understanding. Seems to have a thing about south east London.

Puncheon isn't really having a brilliant season though. Up until the last few weeks the majority of Palace fans wanted shot, he's picked it up in the last 4-5 weeks for sure, but to say he's had a brilliant season is a bit silly.

Still contributed more in the last few weeks than The Gash ever will for us...

I assume your next thread will be Do Prado and Puncheon, followed by Mayuka and Puncheon. What about comparing him with penalty takers, or actually against players who would have been competing him for his place.

Can you just let us know his goal scoring ratio when he played for us ?

Seems only five minutes ago that most of you wanted puncheon hung drawn and quartered for wearing jeans and for coming inside all the time. Wonder if in the future Ramirez will be used as the yard stick for the next whipping boy?