Would you take £7m for Osvaldo?

Glasgow_Saint

I'm with SC. I worry more about being stuck with him all summer with no only his fee but his wages preventing us signing a replacement. Not my money but £7m sounds about the most we could expect seeing as it's a buyers market for him.

I'm with SC. I worry more about being stuck with him all summer with no only his fee but his wages preventing us signing a replacement. Not my money but £7m sounds about the most we could expect seeing as it's a buyers market for him.
Yeah, that's the way I'd see it, take the money, wipe the slate clean and move on as quick as we can.

Team selection is out of our hands, but we still speculate about it. Wages are obviously important, they make a huge difference to how much a player actually costs a club.

But that's something that we have more of a handle on. We know likely formations and can speculate within a smaller set of parameters, ie the players we know are available, formation and opposition style. We have no idea what player wages are, and even if we did what could we possibly do with the information?

Regarding people speculating on team selection on here, I find those utterly mad who write as if they are in Pochettino's position. "This week I will start Gallagher" or "I'm inclined to start so and so", a case of semantics I know, but I wonder how much power some on these forums think they really have beyond simple discussion...

osvaldo.gif

Big deal. Unfortunately the fact that he's a nut job will prevent him from showing any real quality over any period of time for anyone. I hope we sell him, but have the feeling that we'll be stuck with him as Clubs simply won't take the gamble, he's not worth it.

Hopefully there's an equally nutty manager and chairman out there...

Big deal. Unfortunately the fact that he's a nut job will prevent him from showing any real quality over any period of time for anyone. I hope we sell him, but have the feeling that we'll be stuck with him as Clubs simply won't take the gamble, he's not worth it.

Hopefully there's an equally nutty manager and chairman out there...

How about 50 goals in 3 seasons at Roma and Espanyol, is that not consistent enough?

I wouldn't fall for Juve low ball tactics. There will be a club that need a striker of his quality that will take the gamble. managers have egos and will want to tame him.

My money is on one of the Turkish CL teams stomping up 10 mill for him - hopefully.

My money is on one of the Turkish CL teams stomping up 10 mill for him - hopefully.
That would be the kind of club we'd need to come in and pay good money for him - the only problem is I can imagine Osvaldo being the type of player that'd turn around to the club and say "I'm not going to them, I'm only interested in X club".