Fabio Borini...

Unbelievable Jeff

So what would peoples pinions be if we sold Lambert for £6m plus add ons and then signed Borini for £9m?

Personally, I can see this happening as the guy is very similar to Jay Rod, and I can see them being able to swap positions based on our current formation (that's thinking we are keeping the same formation/style of play under our new Manager).

Can't say I'd be massively excited about signing Borini in isolation. He is decent but not deadly - though he would suit our style of play. I guess that costs £9M in the EPL these days. I would prefer young decent deadly speedy and English frankly. A couple more Jrods basically - but a bit deadlier lol. I love that Saints=England. I also love that SMS=Wembley. Keep it rolling....:-)

Can't say I'd be massively excited about signing Borini in isolation. He is decent but not deadly - though he would suit our style of play. I guess that costs £9M in the EPL these days. I would prefer young decent deadly speedy and English frankly. A couple more Jrods basically - but a bit deadlier lol. I love that Saints=England. I l also love that SMS=Wembley. Keep it rolling....:-)

That's also what we thought about J Rod after his first season.

Removing the emotion of losing SRL it would be astute business, provided that did not pave the way for AL, DL and co. to join Sir Ricky Merseyside.

Is it astute? If we finish a few places lower we'll roughly be 4 million down on prize winnings.

UJ- what do you mean? It took Jrod quite a while to be the player he is. Do you mean you think Borini could become as effective? He for sure has technical ability in abundance seeing as he is Italian :-)...and maybe he needs shorter lead time because hes had a season or two in EPL already. I think he is decent and probably a good buy- but maybe im bias as I'd think anyone coming after Rickie has got big shoes to fill and i feel MeH about anyone replacing him....and Borini is like 5ft 10" i think :-).

That's also what we thought about J Rod after his first season.

Yes, and then JRod had a very good coach to bring out the best in him. We currently have no coach and slim chance of getting a decent one based on current trends.

Lose a strong, technically skilled centre forward talisman and replace him with an Italian midget? Good one Jeff. Are you angling for a role as the clubs new spin doctor? You would do a better job than Ralf to be fair.

Borini not a goalscorer (pens aside). Would have been an ok signing to compliment what we have, but not as a replacement for our main striker.

Besides - I hope we sign players we actually want, rather than makeweights or cast offs that other teams are desparate to include in deals with us.

Lose a strong, technically skilled centre forward talisman and replace him with an Italian midget? Good one Jeff. Are you angling for a role as the clubs new spin doctor? You would do a better job than Ralf to be fair.

He's not a midget is he? 3 inches smaller than Lambert or something?

I'm not saying we're swapping like for like.

I actually think it's more likely that J Rod will end up up front this season, and Borini can play the position J Rod does.

He's not a midget is he? 3 inches smaller than Lambert or something?

I'm not saying we're swapping like for like.

I actually think it's more likely that J Rod will end up up front this season, and Borini can play the position J Rod does.

Except Rodriguez won't be fit until around November without any set backs and isn't as good playing as a CF.

Except Rodriguez won't be fit until around November without any set backs and isn't as good playing as a CF.

Borini can play up front. I know he is a 5'11" 'midget', but he can do a job. I'm as disappointed as everyone else that Lambert is going, but I am more about coming up with solutions rather than dwelling on problems and who's faults it is.

Borini can play up front. I know he is a 5'11" 'midget', but he can do a job. I'm as disappointed as everyone else that Lambert is going, but I am more about coming up with solutions rather than dwelling on problems and who's faults it is.

Unfortuntely, you can't control any solutions. Admire the positivity but all the signs and signals coming out of the club are extremely poor.

For £4m, I am disappointed. Would like to see what the add-ons are but yes, this is not a good deal if that's the case.

The add ons won't be as exciting as the ones you get when you go for your weekly "massage". They will be to do with extra payments if he plays CL games, extra payments if he plays a cretain number of games etc

Pretty crap.