Clear out those who want to move on

The Fat Controller

If a player doesn't want to stay at Saints

I'd rather we sold them on.

The incoming Manager then doesn't have the problem

Of being under pressure other than to attract new players.

We are carrying a lot of dead wood again and

Frankly I want to see players in our team that want to be here

In all honesty there are better players out there to replace

Those departing us

Good luck and thanks to those that do leave, but our club will

Still be able to attract very decent players to join us

Those departing us

I agree with this. We need to get all the players to either commit or hand transfer requests in get rid and rebuild with a clean slate. I felt the players last season looked proud to play for us. I want that again with a team that all want to be here

Those departing us

Rubbish. These are professional sportsmen not sulking kids. The time to hold on to our talent is here. There are no contract concerns, we are riding in the top half, our players get into international teams without being in a top four team.

We sell on our terms (not Liverpools Krueger). But let's be clear - these are professional players under contract. God I wish Cortese was here to remind people of this.

Sharp, kelvin Davis , Hooiveld naming just a few

Given the undoubted current concerns within the playing squad about the future direction of the club, Kelvin is the last person we should be looking to get rid of - huge dressing room influence.

Get rid of those who want to go?

Then do what? We would barely have anyone left.

Yep. Suarez was desperate to go last summer, but Liverpool put their foot down. Do people really think players like Lallana are going to spend the whole season not trying if we deny them their move? They've got too much professional pride. Even if they do, a squad full of good unhappy players is still preferable to a squad full of rubbish happy players.

I think they should not let any of the youngsters go, they all have the benefit of long term contracts, they are breaking into the international sides. They are not going to switch off because they would get dropped from their national squads they are not so established that they would still get picked.

The board need to just say no they are on contracts !!

When will people learn that teams who replace or buy too many players at once and unsettle the dressing room severely struggle the season after. Recently QPR did it, Tottenham did it, Leicester did it in our champ season. The list goes on. Clear out of playing staff at the magnitude speculated regardless of buying in new, and even better players will only lead to a relegation fight of a season.

Sharp, kelvin Davis , Hooiveld naming just a few

if it was that easy they wouldn't keep turning up like bad pennies. We can sell players who other clubs want no matter what their salary is. When you've got Championship players on PL salaries it becomes far more complicated. Best you can do is loan them out and pay some of the salary.

Yep. Suarez was desperate to go last summer, but Liverpool put their foot down. Do people really think players like Lallana are going to spend the whole season not trying if we deny them their move? They've got too much professional pride. Even if they do, a squad full of good unhappy players is still preferable to a squad full of rubbish happy players.

Difference with Suarez is that Liverpool kicked on and ended up giving everything he wanted - can we do the same with Lallana?

Those departing us

Nice poem.

OP is living in la la fairy-tale land. There are players who would prefer to be elsewhere who have been playing with us all season to a high standard because they are professionals who play football for a living (e.g. Clyne). The real issue is whether we have a decent manager/coach to get the most out of each player and organise the team well. That will only happen if the Board can convince the right person that this is a progressive club to work at. And THAT my friends is where the BIG question mark lies at the moment - every day that passes without appointing a new head coach/manager contributes to a sign that there's something wrong at SMS.

Deadwood is all gone now pretty much.

If we raise 64.5 mill from 3 player sells, then KL should allow 40-45 mill of that to be reinvested ,that can buy 3 replacements.

Rebuild again, i personally am not worried about this situation and the players leaving for big money, its all about the new manager that comes in, if he is a high calibre manager and aloud a big transfer kitty to bring in 3-4 players, il be happy.

In addition to which, Lallana has an England place to play for.

every day that passes without appointing a new head coach/manager contributes to a sign that there's something wrong at SMS.

Presumably implying that you expect a new manager to have been identified, approached, interviewed, terms agreed and unveiled....in the mere 6 or so days since MP left?

Presumably implying that you expect a new manager to have been identified, approached, interviewed, terms agreed and unveiled....in the mere 6 or so days since MP left?

Well the new manager should have been identified weeks ago since it was apparently clear to Krueger and co apart from legalities that potch was off.

I would hope that the club remains true to its word and keeps all the key players until the new manager has had a chance to talk to them.

And I would hope that, by the same token, all the key players remain true to the club until they've had a chance to talk to the new manager.

Amidst all the stuff that has been flying in recent weeks, including a lot of irrational panic on here, that is so far what seems to be happening. Despite the critical absence of a manager/head coach, despite Les Reed doing nothing on some key player contracts, the dyke is just about holding. Perhaps we need someone Dutch in case the dyke does spring a leak. :)

But if Rickie is determined to force our hand, despite saying that he wanted to end his career here, we should let him go.