Lallana completes move to LFC for a fee of around £25m

Saint-Armstrong

Do I not like this:

AL: “Last season, deep down, I was thinking: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream is reality now.” #LallanaLFC

He's had a PR disaster, once again. Who is advising him? He was our captain last season, and he openly admits that now. What is he playing at?

"Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started"

Classy Adam, classy.

Not really, no, it has not sunk in if I'm being honest. I'd like to thank everyone at Southampton for what they have done for me; I have been there for the best part of 14 years.

And that is the sole reference to us. There may be more later, but this is now leaving an incredibly bad taste in my mouth.

It's so surprising why he's been such a first class **** about the whole thing. Rickie and Luke both conducted their moves with a level of humility and respect. The level of vitriol aimed at Adam reflects the surprise & disappointment that he's acting like this

That picture looks like it's taken straight from the Daily Star!

Not fussed Lallana has gone, although I am worried that £25 million pounds now buys you a player who only scores 12 goals in two years, with similar or lower assist stats - how much are we going to have to pay to replace him with someone who knows more than just the Cruyff Turn?

Seems absolutely classless, it seems his over-hype really has gotten the better of him.

"Watching the run-in towards the end of last season was unbelievable, not just for myself but everyone involved in football. It got the hairs on the back of my neck standing up just watching them, and the style of football they were playing. Deep down, I was thinking to myself: hopefully one day I'll be able to play in that team. That dream has become a reality now, so I can't wait for that to get started"

Classy Adam, classy.

Cheers Adam, i wonder if you were thinking deep down when you signed your new 5 year deal last season.

Now more than ever do we need some good news re signings.

That picture looks like it's taken straight from the Daily Star!

Not fussed Lallana has gone, although I am worried that £25 million pounds now buys you a player who only scores 12 goals in two years, with similar or lower assist stats - how much are we going to have to pay to replace him with someone who knows more than just the Cruyff Turn?

Seems absolutely classless, it seems his over-hype really has gotten the better of him.

We now have a guaranteed transfer pot of around £60m from sales, plus whatever we had already. Let's go and buy some better 'people'.

Spose I have to accept the Adam hate. Don't feel it myself, but whatever. 14 years, he says, fari enough to the lad. He's done some great things with us last season, but was often frustrating prior. If he conjures up some pace from somewhere, he will be awesome for LFC.

As above. His deal has left a sour taste for sure, would have gone down as an absolute legend even if he had left us with a bit of dignity.

Now he has forced a move and had eyes elsewhere while still captain last season.

May feel differently after letting the dust settle in time but for now can't help but think what a tw*t!

Spose I have to accept the Adam hate. Don't feel it myself, but whatever. 14 years, he says, fari enough to the lad. He's done some great things with us last season, but was often frustrating prior. If he conjures up some pace from somewhere, he will be awesome for LFC.

Never got the hate myself personally either, but these comments coming out now are pretty poor. Very poor taste. The OS statement kind of tells you what the club think of him now.

Feeling a bit indifferent to Lallana's move. The way he has (apparently) gone about getting what he wanted makes it a rather hollow announcement. I will be surprised if he justifies the price tag in the seasons ahead - in time, last season might be judged as his peak.

Talk about kicking you when your down

Im sure saints didnt actually grant him his wish as they wanted to keep him

He , rodgers and his agents engineered the move away from the saints

That quote is one of the most disrespectful quotes I have seen from a former saints player

He will have to work bloody hard up there to get the same fans respect as he had with us

PS can we now move this thread to the lounge , Hes no longer a saint

and the sooner I can forget about him and the others that want away the better for my health

OS doesnt work for me - can someone cope paste the text here please

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Adam Lallana has completed his transfer to Liverpool.

The fee received from Liverpool, although undisclosed, will allow the club to further develop the first-team squad for the 2014/2015 season.

that is it. Nothing more.