The Les Reed is a Waste of Space thread

SarniaSaint

I suspect that the players initial questions were down the line of "when are you going to talk to Liverpool about my transfer", to which they were told to wait until the managerial situation had been sorted. That would not have fit with their agenda and they sulked.

What has come out of this summer is that, if Les Reed says "trust me, we are working on it" - I am inclined to believe he has things under control.

Wes, I don't disagree with you but at 25.45 I would question....

Now we know that us fans got into a blue funk, because the communication was ineffective, or maybe too concise. Clarity has to be questioned - say something won't happen, and the next day it does. So OK, the communication with the fans isn't so important, but it is clear that the players were also wondering WTF was going on as well.

You have a point if his quote about communication included the fanbase, but I suspect that it didn't. Circumstances were too complicated by the events to say too much at any given time, but he did say that monies received on player sales would be reinvested in new players and he urged us to be patient and wait until 1st September. Koeman had intimated that there were two or three players we hoped to get across the line by close of play and that did indeed come to pass.

Certainly, like CB Saint, I have gained confidence from Les Reed's handling of a very difficult situation and what he has said during this conference session leads me to trust his ability to handle anything similar in the future.

• 1 year later...

Reading the earlier posts and seeing some of the names involved in some mega wrist slitting is quite amusing. I had forgotten what a big part Sarnia played in this at the time and it was almost as good as his What is Wrong With America stuff. Interesting to see my stalker buddy right there with the wrist slitting brigade. There is a simple lesson to be learnt from all of this. Do not throw your dummy out of the pram until you have a very good reason to.

Reading the earlier posts and seeing some of the names involved in some mega wrist slitting is quite amusing. I had forgotten what a big part Sarnia played in this at the time and it was almost as good as his What is Wrong With America stuff. Interesting to see my stalker buddy right there with the wrist slitting brigade. There is a simple lesson to be learnt from all of this. Do not throw your dummy out of the pram until you have a very good reason to.

It's not their fault we're not ****, it's the club's fault.