The Les Reed is a Waste of Space thread

SarniaSaint

Spoke to a SSN reporter on Friday who used to work closely at Saints (before he was banned) for quite ridiculous reasons really. He doesn't have an agenda, except not being a fan of Jordan Sibley and the media team. He did say that Les Reed is very unpopular and doesn't communicate with the players. "One of the most unpopular people in football" was his exact words. I'm not ITK, just passing on.

I have not bothered to look at the forum for the last couple of days as new there would be wrongly placed anger with insults directed at members of the board

Having briefly read one of guans post in the last 30minutes . I'm not wrong with my assessment

I remain optomistic about the future.

And will see if there are positive announcements tomorrow I do not like all thus negativity . There are far more important things to worry about in this worked than some bloody prostitute of a footballer looking for obscene weekly salaries

Sums up how I feel Viking. Off to Kefalonia for a week in a couple of days. No interweb will be connected with, no Redtop's purchased at an extortionate price. Cold beers, pitta giros and blissful ignorance. Aàaàhhhhh!

Spoke to a SSN reporter on Friday who used to work closely at Saints (before he was banned) for quite ridiculous reasons really. He doesn't have an agenda, except not being a fan of Jordan Sibley and the media team. He did say that Les Reed is very unpopular and doesn't communicate with the players. "One of the most unpopular people in football" was his exact words. I'm not ITK, just passing on.

Popular is not necessarily good.

Ive no idea if Les Reed is an arse or not - but given the source is banned from Saints and doesnt like Sibley or any of the rest of media team, maybe the personality flaws are with him?

Only announcements tomorrow Viking will be the sales of Lovren and Chambers...possibly something advertising Hospitality for the Leverkusen game.

Can't you give it a rest? This has to be some sort of ego trip for you making yourself famous through this proxy forum by procrastinating about everything like you're some kind of expert pundit..... weird......

Arch cynics v Boy Scouts. A fight to the death......quick get your penknife and some twigs......grrrrrrrrr.

Bottom line is read Les Reeds quotes after the Everton game and watch that vomit inducing video he did in the light of what has gone on since.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck...........

He might be a c*nt, but he's our c*nt, right? He's not here to make friends. Successful people often have to make unpopular decisions, that's how it is. What you can't deny is his experience, knowledge and vision.

He might be a c*nt, but he's our c*nt, right? He's not here to make friends. Successful people often have to make unpopular decisions, that's how it is. What you can't deny is his experience, knowledge and vision.

Quite so. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too nice. Who was it who said 'nice guys don't win'?

of course, with everyone watching the exodus of players - it's very easy to blame Les Reed for everything, but let's not think that our team that became stranded in 8th place in January - and stayed there contained the only 11 footballers on the planet !

I believe the first press statement regarding " daily chats " with MP were probably true, and the comments about " no fire-sale " was also a serious attempt to convince MP to stay on.

There was clearly no reason for anyone to leave had MP decided to stay.....in moving away..... he pulled the plug on everyone and panic set in.

The transfers - so far - have been to those " big clubs " with enormous egos and expectations for success who are all in a crisis of confidence at present.

Liverpool because they missed the Prem.title ( even though back in CL)..but there was still PANIC. . Man Utd who had half-a-team past sell by date or OOC, and a bad season with a new manager. PANIC !

We had no need to keep promises to an ex-employee (MP) and after their World Cup trips, Lambert, Lallana and Shaw were almost bound to be on their way. Lovren is a clear "opportunist" - no comment.

Les must be disappointed in the fear factor that has spread but ought we not have more faith in Les Reed and Ronald Koeman who are in danger of being found guilty - before they've committed the " crime " of losing a league point.

I'm all for staying neutral until I see the first few results from " Koeman's new-look " side. I've been wrong before but some of the contributors on here have clearly nailed their flags to the mast already.

Spoke to a SSN reporter on Friday who used to work closely at Saints (before he was banned) for quite ridiculous reasons really. He doesn't have an agenda, except not being a fan of Jordan Sibley and the media team. He did say that Les Reed is very unpopular and doesn't communicate with the players.

"One of the most unpopular people in football" was his exact words. I'm not ITK, just passing on.

......which is a strange comment for anyone to make after living through 4 years of Chairman Nicola Cortese's regime which was about as popular as a Brazilian death squad when he was in charge.

There was clearly no reason for anyone to leave had MP decided to stay.....in moving away..... he pulled the plug on everyone and panic set in.

Given that MP jumping ship was the pulling of the plug and cause of panic, the following interesting (but entirely pointless now) thought occurred to me...

What if the board had, when he was stalling on a new contract (and many reasonable people could see he was most likely to leave), sacked Pochettino and had another good manager already lined up to take over (a la Adkins to Pochettino). They could have said the sacking was for lack of commitment to the team.

That would have put the board in complete control, given the new manager more weight behind him because he could in no way be viewed as a 2nd choice to Pochettino, and therefore given us far more chance to hang on to our star players - who might have been surprised by the decision, but could certainly not say that the board lacked balls or vision.

Just a thought.

i wish you would keep to the same ethos when talking about. Osvaldo and Gaston. Knowledge and vision. Where did that come from? The original vision came from ML and NC.

Levy used Ossie Ardilles to work on Pochettino from the moment Cortese left. Pochettino knew long before the end of the season he was going and would have persuaded the likes of Shaw and others what was best for their future. Pochettino was told by Cortese to stay, that he had time to go to a bigger club. Sadly he didn't even take advise from the man who was behind hid success. I am certain, like most Saints supporters, Pochettino will be the one to suffer the most from his decision. Reed was completely hoodwinked into believing he would stay but I'd have thought he'd have been wise enough to draw up contingency plans well before Pochettino left.

Elsewhere I'm sure everyone was so sure there were no problems that Katharina and Ralph left for the summer believing there was nothing to worry about.

Levy used Ossie Ardilles to work on Pochettino from the moment Cortese left. Pochettino knew long before the end of the season he was going and would have persuaded the likes of Shaw and others what was best for their future. Pochettino was told by Cortese to stay, that he had time to go to a bigger club. Sadly he didn't even take advise from the man who was behind hid success. I am certain, like most Saints supporters, Pochettino will be the one to suffer the most from his decision. Reed was completely hoodwinked into believing he would stay but I'd have thought he'd have been wise enough to draw up contingency plans well before Pochettino left.

Elsewhere I'm sure everyone was so sure there were no problems that Katharina and Ralph left for the summer believing there was nothing to worry about.

Ah them Argies, Pochettino was working on Bielsa for Vincent Labrune whilst in turn being worked on by Ossie himself.

Given that MP jumping ship was the pulling of the plug and cause of panic, the following interesting (but entirely pointless now) thought occurred to me...

What if the board had, when he was stalling on a new contract (and many reasonable people could see he was most likely to leave), sacked Pochettino and had another good manager already lined up to take over (a la Adkins to Pochettino). They could have said the sacking was for lack of commitment to the team.

That would have put the board in complete control, given the new manager more weight behind him because he could in no way be viewed as a 2nd choice to Pochettino, and therefore given us far more chance to hang on to our star players - who might have been surprised by the decision, but could certainly not say that the board lacked balls or vision.

Just a thought.

This is very persuasive. The Board did nothing for two weeks at the end of the season while Pochettino was agreeing his terms with Tottenham. They then told us that they were 'hoping' he might stay, as if there was ever any prospect of that, or if by then it would have been in the interests of the club to keep him. They had the option of sacking him for disloyalty, but would have had to pay him his £2m so it looks like they were putting money ahead of the interests of the team at a time when they were getting £80m from the Prem League anyway.

My goodness, that could have been written about Cortese! You know your onions Turkish...

This is very persuasive. The Board did nothing for two weeks at the end of the season while Pochettino was agreeing his terms with Tottenham. They then told us that they were 'hoping' he might stay, as if there was ever any prospect of that, or if by then it would have been in the interests of the club to keep him. They had the option of sacking him for disloyalty, but would have had to pay him his £2m so it looks like they were putting money ahead of the interests of the team at a time when they were getting £80m from the Prem League anyway.

And fair play to them for that. I wouldn't have paid the treacherous Argie to join Spurs.

The board either had an assert stripping agenda and blatantly lied or are just purely incompetent and couldn't keep their word as through a combination of inexperience and mismanagement they allowed circumstances to get out of hand by allowing a few sales to become an exodus through misreading why the team were still there and what they wanted.

Either way it makes little difference to the end result

MP was very keen on staying and planned as such.

he even started a new rent on a large property in the area not long before he decided to leave.

he had zero communication with Ralf and Kat about their intentions for this season.

all he had was les reed going on about how comfortable he was about it all.

when it became clear he was off, the board tried to persuade him to stay with a very large contract offer (all but matches his salary at spurs)

but the rot had stepped in and he did not like the new direction that literally everyone is up for sale.

that is pretty much what happened

There is more, Lallana (at the request of the players) approached the board numerous times regarding player bonuses and contract promises etc. He (and the squad) was met with silence. This was on more than a few occasions, hence the talk from morgan and co demanded the club show their ambition. That was not for CL but to consolidate and their plans for the next season and beyond.

The squad was prepared for Luke to go, for huge money, They wanted assurances that that cash would be used to strengthen the rest of the squad and player contract issues sort and their bonuses paid.

again, no idea if the above is true. From my ITK source at the club

oh, 1 in this week at least with loads of spin about how we are on it, bringing players in to build the squad for the future

Edited by Batman

he even started a new rent on a large property in the area not long before he decided to leave.

he had zero communication with Ralf and Kat about their intentions for this season.

when it became clear he was off, the board tried to persuade him to stay with a very large contract offer (all but matches his salary at spurs)

but the rot had stepped in and he did not like the new direction that literally everyone is up for sale.

There is more, Lallana (at the request of the players) approached the board numerous times regarding player bonuses and contract promises etc. He (and the squad) was met with silence. This was on more than a few occasions, hence the talk from morgan and co demanded the club show their ambition. That was not for CL but to consolidate and their plans for the next season and beyond.

The squad was prepared for Luke to go, for huge money, They wanted assurances that that cash would be used to strengthen the rest of the squad and player contract issues sort and their bonuses paid.

Unfortunately, this all sounds 100% plausible.

Unfortunately, this all sounds 100% plausible.

Agreed, although I'm unsure if he had committed to a new property.

What I do know is that the owner of the property he was renting did serve him notice as he intended to put it on the market.

Just a thought.

If we'd sacked him then he would have received compensation instead of us getting some from Spuds. That's a few million £ of difference!

oh, 1 in this week at least with loads of spin about how we are on it, bringing players in to build the squad for the future

This is why I believe the dry bed brigade are wrong to entirely blame the ex manager and players for being disloyal in reality they were probably very loyal it is the club that changed lost their confidence failed to give them a vision of where it wanted to go and that money from sales would be reinvested in better players. I also believe Mopo would have stayed if they had limited sales to Shaw but he did not believe the intent of the club and he has been proved right. There is never smoke without fire and I refuse to believe a close knit team suddenly unravelled and became full of so called mercenarieh without a significant catalyst from the inside.

Have we forgotten how the team closed ranks around Fonte over the Osvaldo affair! Is that the behaviour of a bunch of money grabbing mercenaries?

Is this from SaintsList?

I appreciate this is a forum and people have varying opinions

But as a long standing saints fan , I have never been so disgusted at some the ultra negative comments and abuse aimed members of Southampton FC whether this thread or others

Well done you fellow saints fans .i know it's frustrating players leaving but in the last few days I feel the forum has his an all time low .

I appreciate this is a forum and people have varying opinions

But as a long standing saints fan , I have never been so disgusted at some the ultra negative comments and abuse aimed members of Southampton FC whether this thread or others

Well done you fellow saints fans .i know it's frustrating players leaving but in the last few days I feel the forum has his an all time low .

what disgusting abuse is there?

You don't believe Brett has an ITK source at the club? Jamie never makes stuff up.

you dont have to believe me ify ou dont want to

just keep your head in the sand. or better still, see a couple of signings come in and have your belly tickled

just keep your head in the sand. or better still, see a couple of signings come in and have your belly tickled

And what if we bring in quality signings, 3 or 4 to go straight in the team? Will you still be crying then?

Kevin Davies thinks we'll be alright. http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-southampton-supporters-need-reality-check-says-ex-striker-davies-140728104196

I didn't say I didn't believe it. It's just amusing how your ITK source fed you this stuff a couple of days after you heard about juicy gossip on Saintslist. Maybe you got confused and actually heard about the one marquee signing from your source as well and not Les Reed?

Edited by shirleysfc

That doesn't make sense. Why would Lallana have to go to the board to sort out contract payments? Either payments were due under their contracts or they weren't. The rest of the "leak" doesn't really say anything.

That doesn't make sense. Why would Lallana have to go to the board to sort out contract payments? Either payments were due under their contracts or they weren't. The rest of the "leak" doesn't really say anything.

Not saying the story is true or not however it is quite normal for team / club Captains to represent the players when season bonuses are being negotiated (ones that aren't in individual contracts).

a fairly reasonable assessment ART. I think I'd buy most of that........

Instead of blaming everything on the Board, I'd hang the albatross around MP's neck. If Les was "conned " he wasn't the only one. Really thought MP was going to stay, until ....it was too late.

Would incldude performance related bonuses down to overal success (loosest meaning of the word possible) in league and cup* competitions to be divided between the squad outside of their normal contractual remuneration.

*probably not much in the pot for the cup in fairness.

I believe this tbh, but don't get how MP didn't like what direction we were going in when he hadn't spoke to tw*t and Kat about plans for this season?