Financial Fair Play

Huffton

We are in the premier league, assuming KL does not put equity in we are allowed to make a total maximum loss of 15mill over 3 years. Assuming our wages are at least 52million we can also only increase the wage bill by 4million year on year (77,000 a week), I think that's it anyway.

We are in the premier league, assuming KL does not put equity in we are allowed to make a total maximum loss of 15mill over 3 years. Assuming our wages are at least 52million we can also only increase the wage bill by 4million year on year (77,000 a week), I think that's it anyway.

So basically that means that although we can afford it in theory, we're not allowed to pay the kind of wages the big clubs are coming in and offering our players.

Expect this transfer window to be a regular occurrence then:(

The £52m limit and associated restriction on increased wage spending is only applicable if all other club revenues remain the same (i.e. it's only connected with the broadcasting revenue). If the club's commercial revenue increases (which it will do, significantly), all of that can also be put towards the wage bill.

So basically that means that although we can afford it in theory, we're not allowed to pay the kind of wages the big clubs are coming in and offering our players.

Expect this transfer window to be a regular occurrence then:(

Yep welcome to the new PL like the old PL yet even less competitive. All the FFP seem to have done as far as I can tell is make sure the big clubs stay big and keep everyone else away from the CL gravy train.

Yep welcome to the new PL like the old PL yet even less competitive. All the FFP seem to have done as far as I can tell is make sure the big clubs stay big and keep everyone else away from the CL gravy train.

And Hoover up your players should they have the temerity to pose a threat.

The £52m limit and associated restriction on increased wage spending is only applicable if all other club revenues remain the same (i.e. it's only connected with the broadcasting revenue). If the club's commercial revenue increases (which it will do, significantly), all of that can also be put towards the wage bill.

Steve, i have never figured out if income from player sales equates to commercial income, can you please set me straight?

Steve, i have never figured out if income from player sales equates to commercial income, can you please set me straight?

It doesn't, but it would certainly make sense for transfer revenue to be included when boosting the wage bill above the threshold.

• 1 year later...

Aren't the Football League supposed to soon be issuing a report on their investigations into Leicester wiping off £50m worth of debt in their promotion season?

Should make interesting reading, but will be lost in the clamour of the Greatest Football Fairy Tale Ever Told.

As somebody above said, the reward is greater than the risk.

Aren't the Football League supposed to soon be issuing a report on their investigations into Leicester wiping off £50m worth of debt in their promotion season?

Should make interesting reading, but will be lost in the clamour of the Greatest Football Fairy Tale Ever Told.

As somebody above said, the reward is greater than the risk.

Yes, I believe they are. The owner swapped debt for equity, didn't ours do the same?

Yes, I believe they are. The owner swapped debt for equity, didn't ours do the same?

The difference is that our owner did not go over the FFP limits in doing so.

If I were Bournemouth I would have continued to fight. QPR violated the rules by a much greater amount and will end up paying only slightly more. If they are not going to enforce the rules why bother having them. Of course, in future seasons the Championship's FFP rules are coordinated with the BPL rules and simple rules evasion will probably not work as well.