Goal of the Month vote

vince

Di Maria FFS? Ok as a team goal but not in the same class of skill as Pellès. Or Austins for that matter.

****ing United fan base... :-)

I think it was the best goal. Team build up and that finish is a difficult skill. Chipping the keeper is hard enough with a stationary ball but with player and ball moving.... It was a great goal.

Its all part of the complete shambles that is the current media bias towards "top" teams - we all know who the they are and they have very large fanbases, so why the funk do they put these awards out to fan votes ??

Its so the media hype can roll on .. why on earth would they want a Saints goal winning it (or a QPR goal) ?

At least let a panel of pundits choose, there is still a high risk of bias but less than if it was a fan vote.

I give up. MOTD is getting worse.

Yours sincerely

A 50 something pyssed off football fan ..

Didn't they used to do it where the pundit (Hansen?) used to pick his favourite goal of the month and anyone who selected it as well won tickets to a home game? Seem to recall that possibly happening...

Would reduce the bias as people wanting to win would choose the genuine best goal for a chance to win.

Putting it to a public vote is ridiculous.

It's never going to be the best goal that wins as long as they carry on with it.

Quite. Bloody popularity contest. They should shrink the votes based on UK fanbase or some such Saints-beneficial method.

Its all part of the complete shambles that is the current media bias towards "top" teams - we all know who the they are and they have very large fanbases, so why the funk do they put these awards out to fan votes ??

Its so the media hype can roll on .. why on earth would they want a Saints goal winning it (or a QPR goal) ?

At least let a panel of pundits choose, there is still a high risk of bias but less than if it was a fan vote.

I give up. MOTD is getting worse.

Yours sincerely

A 50 something pyssed off football fan ..

Is it getting worse and worse or is that my imagination? I look at the Daily Mail mobile site (as no pay wall) and am always amazed by their coverage of sport. Currently it goes...

De Gea and his dodgy start

Ibrahimovic never going to play PL and liking Rooney as that is the only person he's heard of.

Bianchi/F1 and his crash

Kevin "figjam" Pietersen

Falcao wanting to stay at Utd

Ozil not being trusted in the centre by Arsenal

Courtois OK to play

Wenger's past topuchline bust ups

Wenger push virals

Arsenal and their view on not competing with Chelsea

Wenger saying that theire keeper had an easier time than Chelsea's

David Luiz turning down a contract @ Chelsea

Bianchi

Luke Shaw

Wenger making no apology for the push

Massa saying they should have cancelled race

Chelsea being up for a fight

Man Utd - have they lost the knack of scoring late goals

Rooney - 10m twitter followers

Courtois & concussion & PL rules

Petrov playing Sunday League & recovery

Bayern Munich dress up for the Beer Fest

Adrian's grand father comes to watch him play vs QPR

Fernandes (QPR) moaning how shït they are

Totti claiming match fixed vs Roma

Lampard maybe extending his stay

Rodgers sure Sterling will stay at Pool.

Tan being called stooopid

de gea says di Maria was MotM

Chambers being called up to the seniors

Stones injury

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Citeh and Yaya

More Chelsea vs Arsenal and how they all should have been sent off

Rio saying he's not ready to take over FIFA

Real 5-0 Bilbao

Pietersen

Pietersen again

Even more Pietersen

Even more Pieteresen

Prior not liking Pietersen's claims (wonder if Piers Morgan, now employed by the Mail has got anything to do with all this!!!!)

Pardew and his plight

Fabregas a true bluw

Fabregas saying Arse fans will always be in his heart

Graham Poll banging on about Chelsea vs Arsenal

Hartlepool's new manager

A horse's career ending

Arjen Robben is unstoppable claims Rummenigge

James Rodriguez wants to emulate di Maria @ Real

Rugby

Celtic 0-1 Hamilton

Wet Spam 2-0 QPR

Barca

David Silva is wonderful

LvG believes Falcao will be wonderful

LvG will see out his contract

Woy being rude (but truthful) about the Scouse accent

Spuds 1-0 SFC

Cruyff saying LvG is a cokk

Cheadle 0-22 Russia U19

PSG 1-1 Monaco

Juve 3-2 Roma

Sakho & losing his father

Pa**** Cisse

Rodgers warning Balotelli needs to score more

Adams whinging about Norwich performance

Leeds take over

Poyett dropping Fletcher

Ard de Triomphe

McIlroy

Djokovic winning

Sharapova winning

Hamilton winning

de Caesaris being killed

SA 27-25 All Blacks

Carra being angry about Sterling transfer stories

WONGA and NUFC

Keown on Chelsea

Benteke

Ashton being sycophantic about players like Lamps, Becks, Terry Neville

Man City not being overly convincing vs Villa

Welbeck has a chance to shine for club & country

Rooney and his red

LvG's interview style being similar to SAF.

****. I've got too much time on my hands. I was going to give up half way, but thought might push through. In honesty, this is a quiet day for DM, as there seems to be less than usual concerning Liverpool and United.

Is it getting worse and worse or is that my imagination? I look at the Daily Mail mobile site (as no pay wall) and am always amazed by their coverage of sport. Currently it goes...

De Gea and his dodgy start

Ibrahimovic never going to play PL and liking Rooney as that is the only person he's heard of.

etc.

I doubt anyone is going to read the whole list, what I'd want to see is an analysis of the clubs being reported upon as a proportion of the overall football stories. Knock yourself out.

I doubt anyone is going to read the whole list, what I'd want to see is an analysis of the clubs being reported upon as a proportion of the overall football stories. Knock yourself out.

Yes quite, I did go a wee bot OTT. Didn't realise the list was so long - sorry! As I said I was going to give up, but as I had started... :)

I get the annoyance of the focus of the media being on 5 or 6 teams, but it's just supply and demand. They work within very tight cost constraints and to justify their licence fee / bring in readership, they have to appeal to the largest number of people possible while keeping down costs. Reporting on the top few keeps them on the cost/interest curve.

Talking about the BBC specifically for example, far more Man Utd fans pay towards it than Saints fans (northerners and TV licence jokes aside), so would it be fair to pay equal attention to the two?

Back on topic, I'm sure I remember something like the Hanson's choice that Twiggy mentioned, can't see why they don't do that to help get a fairer outcome.

I get the annoyance of the focus of the media being on 5 or 6 teams, but it's just supply and demand. They work within very tight cost constraints and to justify their licence fee / bring in readership, they have to appeal to the largest number of people possible while keeping down costs. Reporting on the top few keeps them on the cost/interest curve.

Talking about the BBC specifically for example, far more Man Utd fans pay towards it than Saints fans (northerners and TV licence jokes aside), so would it be fair to pay equal attention to the two?

Back on topic, I'm sure I remember something like the Hanson's choice that Twiggy mentioned, can't see why they don't do that to help get a fairer outcome.

You have a point, to a certain extent, but if you are going down that route, then Newcastle should be heavily featured as they are the 3rd best attended club in the country. Anyway, this might be of interest to you

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/09/18/26/2091826_DOWNLOAD.pdf and in particular page 41 has this: http://i.imgur.com/YQSpR6g.png

You have a point, to a certain extent, but if you are going down that route, then Newcastle should be heavily featured as they are the 3rd best attended club in the country. Anyway, this might be of interest to you

http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/02/09/18/26/2091826_DOWNLOAD.pdf and in particular page 41 has this: http://i.imgur.com/YQSpR6g.png

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they have the balance right. I just think there are reasons for the bias.