COD: Advanced Warfare

Clunge

• 4 weeks later...
I'm with Clunge and about 75% of my students who have also flogged theirs. It's shockingly shiite online.

Much better than Ghosts. Maps are excellent although lacking a Nuketown equivalent ie totally carnage, as far as I can make out.

So stable on xboxone as well - don't know what your are expecting as similar to other versions to saw it is so bad.

Ranking up seems bit dull.

Edited by whelk

Prepare to be bitterly disappointed although the graphics on the lads XboX One are pretty damn fine.

Online gameplay is crap. Maps are so small and pokey, designed for 12yos with short attention spans.

Personally, if they re-wrote MW1, MW2 or MW3 for the PS4 I think I'd die a happy man and never buy another game!

Agree with that, MW3 was turd though.

I don't mind Advanced Warfare, it's better than I thought it would be, online isn't bad but prefer hardcore as the normal modes are just a two gun game (BAL and AK12).

Treyarch are up next, kind of hope they take us back to the World War game play that got Call of Duty big but I'm in the minority there.

• 1 month later...

Well activision buggered up the roll out of the first DLC today.

Exo zombies doesn't work full stop.

The download doesn't work full stop.

And I spunked money on a season pass too.

It's a way better game than it's predecessor Titanfall however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally gave up on CoD after Ghosts (the various Black Ops releases weren't too bad for a franchise that's been squeezing blood from a stone for years).

Waiting for Battlefield Hardline - beta launching next week it seems.

Edited by shurlock

I bought it on release last year, completed the Single-Player on Veteran and Prestiged on Multiplayer. Have to say it's the best CoD MP since Black Ops 2 for me, the boost jumping, dodging etc. gives the classic CoD MP an added dimension, I also think the map design is much improved due to the new sense of verticality in the maps to account for the boost jumping etc. that now goes on, if you try to play AW like classic CoD, just running around the map, peering around corners etc. then you will get pwned as the verticality makes it even easier for other players to spot you and kill you, you need to adapt to survive.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Battlefield: Hardline, it's essentially a mod.

Edited by BlakeySFC

One of the best ever I think. Still same old game but maps are excellent. Bit crp with the unlocking as everything seems delivered in batches.

Also Xbox live on xboxone is so reliable now. Never any lags or booted from games.

I bought it on release last year, completed the Single-Player on Veteran and Prestiged on Multiplayer. Have to say it's the best CoD MP since Black Ops 2 for me, the boost jumping, dodging etc. gives the classic CoD MP an added dimension, I also think the map design is much improved due to the new sense of verticality in the maps to account for the boost jumping etc. that now goes on, if you try to play AW like classic CoD, just running around the map, peering around corners etc. then you will get pwned as the verticality makes it even easier for other players to spot you and kill you, you need to adapt to survive.

Also, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Battlefield: Hardline, it's essentially a mod.

You'll be saying that about Star Wars Battlefront next...

• 3 weeks later...
A little off topic but played Halo 5 beta recently. Was pretty impressive and appeared to be a sufficiently exciting upgrade/change on previous incarnations.

Looks like complete garbage to me, you put it in the right thread though, it is essentially a CoD game!

It is definitely an exciting upgrade/change in previous incarnations if you don't like Halo and love CoD.

Bought the game second hand to give it another chance, hated it even more then the first time round

I can't decide whether it's **** or not. Definitely prefer previous incarnations but I need a mindless FPS in my life and I can't think of a better one for ease of online play. Unless anyone has any suggestions?