Top 5 schools ... no, your old schools ...

Patrick Bateman

Anyone apart from me and Sarnia Saint fly the Saints flag whilst in 'proper' education (eg school uniforms/caps/learning Latin and the like) within what is now the PO Post code?

Sarisbury Primary

Prices Grammar School Fareham

Prices College

The grammar school was a traditional boys only school uniform, caps, Latin etc type in a PO postcode, ie Fareham. Went there from about 1969 to 1977 and yes, did get loads of stick for being a Saints fan. Steve Moran was 2 years younger than me and went there too.

We're everywhere. We are legion.

Out of about 18 of us @dubaisaints (and holiday makers) at Barasti Beach Bar, for the QPR match, 7 or 8 of us had been to Barton Peveril covering a period of about 30 odd years, but none at the same time!! Some of us :blush: much longer ago than others!!

I was amongst the 1st batch of 6th Formers to hit BP who didn't have to wear the green school uniforms. I think some of the staff and lower school students took some time getting used to long haired, flared jeans, afghan wearing outsiders mixing with them :lol:

Out of about 18 of us @dubaisaints (and holiday makers) at Barasti Beach Bar, for the QPR match, 7 or 8 of us had been to Barton Peveril covering a period of about 30 odd years, but none at the same time!! Some of us :blush: much longer ago than others!!

I was amongst the 1st batch of 6th Formers to hit BP who didn't have to wear the green school uniforms. I think some of the staff and lower school students took some time getting used to long haired, flared jeans, afghan wearing outsiders mixing with them :lol:

When I think back to some of the teachers we had through the grammar school, I'm sure you're right! I know that the sixth form used to wear uniform as well, though the blazers and ties were dark blue (or was it black?) rather than green - can't remember when they stopped that, but it was probably only a year or two before you were there. When I started at BP in 1971 I was contstantly told to get my hair cut - and it wasn't even that long! And I remember being really miffed when I went into the sixth form in 1976, and the fifth year (the last intake to the old grammar school) didn't have to wear uniform.

For old school/college photos have a look at this site - it's a shockingly bad web site, but the photos are interesting!

I make an appearance in the 77 pic (must have been skiving for the 76 pic!!)

I'm stood next but one along from your Bro and KF!! As you say ... shocking photos!!

Indeed - there's some scary hair and clothes there! I can be found in the front row of the 78 photo, looking fabulously miserable. It was a cold day and we'd been sitting there for ages while the photographer arsed around. And in the 79 pic there's a future Oscar winner sitting in the front row, being hooked by a walking stick.

When I think back to some of the teachers we had through the grammar school, I'm sure you're right! I know that the sixth form used to wear uniform as well, though the blazers and ties were dark blue (or was it black?) rather than green - can't remember when they stopped that, but it was probably only a year or two before you were there. When I started at BP in 1971 I was contstantly told to get my hair cut - and it wasn't even that long! And I remember being really miffed when I went into the sixth form in 1976, and the fifth year (the last intake to the old grammar school) didn't have to wear uniform.

For old school/college photos have a look at this site - it's a shockingly bad web site, but the photos are interesting!

Buggeṛ me!

Middle of the fourth row '71.

So it wasn't just a bad dream after all

Buggeṛ me!

Which of the '71 pics are you in? My brother's in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years one, right at the end of the front row. Don't know what happened to school photos after that, as I don't remember there being any that I'd have appeared in until I was in the upper sixth in 1978.

Which of the '71 pics are you in? My brother's in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd years one, right at the end of the front row. Don't know what happened to school photos after that, as I don't remember there being any that I'd have appeared in until I was in the upper sixth in 1978.

Same pic. I was in the third year then.

Court Moor School (Fleet)

Farnborough Sixth Form (ish)

Queen Mary's College Basingstoke

Oxford Brookes University currently!

Interesting. I went to QMC, and am also currently studying in Oxford! I'm almost certain I went to Court Moor once I think whilst at secondary for an MUN event as well.

Blimey - Barton P taking over!

Buggeṛ me!

I'm in that one - end of third row from the back. First year. Did you have John Sweeney (journo famous for investigating Scientology. Loud smartass at BP) in your year then - or was he the one in between us?

I make an appearance in the 77 pic (must have been skiving for the 76 pic!!)

I'm stood next but one along from your Bro and KF!! As you say ... shocking photos!!

Hi Eric! - as you say I'm a few along from you with shockingly long hair (KF). PM me if you're going to be back for a game & we'll have a beer

Did you have John Sweeney (journo famous for investigating Scientology. Loud smartass at BP) in your year then - or was he the one in between us

I don't remember him, but all your dinner money looked the same to me.

Blimey - Barton P taking over!

I'm in that one - end of third row from the back. First year. Did you have John Sweeney (journo famous for investigating Scientology. Loud smartass at BP) in your year then - or was he the one in between us?

Hi Eric! - as you say I'm a few along from you with shockingly long hair (KF). PM me if you're going to be back for a game & we'll have a beer

Living and working overseas, next game likely to be next season Aug/Sept if the league fixtures are kind to me a northern away game or 2 as well. Forever in debt to you for introducing me to Gales HSB ;-)

Living and working overseas, next game likely to be next season Aug/Sept if the league fixtures are kind to me a northern away game or 2 as well. Forever in debt to you for introducing me to Gales HSB ;-)

I'm passing through later this evening Eric. I'll give you a wave.

• 2 weeks later...