Top 5 schools ... no, your old schools ...

Patrick Bateman

Oh I'm very calm!! Again, things getting lost in translation.

Just trying to explain that she shouldn't judge people by what they write on this forum, think that's a good piece of advice!

Jeff, the question as to how much someone can, or should, judge a person by what they write on a forum would probably make for an interesting discussion.

Why don't you start a separate thread, because, as Patrick says, this thread is interesting enough as it stands?

Jeff, the question as to how much someone can, or should, judge a person by what they write on a forum would probably make for an interesting discussion.

Why don't you start a separate thread, because, as Patrick says, this thread is interesting enough as it stands?

Agreed, new thread started. I apologise for sidetracking the thread.

I think the strange thing is that you seem to judge people's lives based on what they write on this forum, which is a bit weird. I assume you don't believe that Bearsy is actually a bear, so why do you believe that everyone else is exactly the way they write. Also a lot can be lost in translation, especially as you can't read someones body language (which obviously brings a lot to a conversation).

In 'real' life I'm a good laugh, and am very much into my comedy, but that's not what I come on here for. I come on here to find out news about my football team, to debate issues 'du jour' and to get advice. Lucky I don't come on here for comedy because there are very few funny people on here (based on what is written).

What I am trying to say is, don't judge people by what they write on this forum, and certainly don't think you know what their life is like by what is written - a lot of people would be very different if you met them in real life.

But aren't you judging me by assuming I'm judging you? ;)

But seriously, I'm assuming there's something I'm doing that you're reacting to, and I don't mean to come across like that. I think you're a fairly complex person (who isn't?) but not knowing you, I make no attempt to try and understand. My general approach to this forum (and life) is to take it as it comes. When someone is nice to me, I'm nice back. When someone is mean, I take the p*ss.

Okay, Patrick Bateman - time to pay up. I told you, didn't I?

Sorry everyone, this thread was made because Patrick and I had a bet. He said that he didn't think many people on here had completed school because you are "all so thick and stupid". I bet him that more than half had and that some would have gone to university. I won, naturally.

Sorry everyone, this thread was made because Patrick and I had a bet. He said that he didn't think many people on here had completed school because you are "all so thick and stupid". I bet him that more than half had and that some would have gone to university. I won, naturally.

Er, WTF?

Its a self selecting sample of the smug. People who are smart but struggle to spell illlitterate aint going to post on this thread. Give Bateman the £1.

Its a self selecting sample of the smug. People who are smart but struggle to spell illlitterate aint going to post on this thread. Give Bateman the £1.

Smug? I went to a former poly, FFS.

Smug is the next generation.

In the vain hope that I can get a quid as a prize (not read everything mind you)

BP Infants

BP Juniors

Taunton's

Imperial for a 7 stretch

Do I get the quid ?

I think Imperial for a seven stretch puts you in the "top learners" bracket, if nowt else.

We have a Russell Group University, people!

(we may have had one before, idk)

Oh, I didn't know this was about up University. The subject line says school. I think that means you lose :)

I'll be surprised if many people know about Hardley, except it was rough with poor teaching standards & results.

Frankly, the opinion of many Sotonians, myself included, is that all of Waterside/New Forest is a bit backward. My mate was written off at Hounsdown, made to do CSEs, and ended up re-entering education as a mature student and graduating Uni with a 2:1.

Frankly, the opinion of many Sotonians, myself included, is that all of Waterside/New Forest is a bit backward. My mate was written off at Hounsdown, made to do CSEs, and ended up re-entering education as a mature student and graduating Uni with a 2:1.

Strangely enough, that was the opinion the other way round. Schools and regional rivalry I guess.

Strangely enough, that was the opinion the other way round. Schools and regional rivalry I guess.

Yeah, but having spent a fair amount of time in both places (my old man lived over there for a number of years) I know who was right :)

Whooaa fella.

Hounsdown wouldn't be considered either Waterside or New Forest..... It's Totton.

Whooaa fella.

Hounsdown wouldn't be considered either Waterside or New Forest..... It's Totton.

Whatever. It's all on the wrong side of the Test and all f**ked whenever there's a problem on Redbridge Road.

I'll be surprised if many people know about Hardley, except it was rough with poor teaching standards & results.

I left there in 04, did me alright I suppose. Went downhill when Underwood left but rising up again now (under a new name). Noadswood on the other hand is a fantastic school with an excellent reputation.

My brother did seven years at Imperial. Are you my brother?

You probably know my sister, she was at St Anne's and is same age as you (if I read the last page right).

I also went to Imperial...so perhaps you are my sister!!