Top 5 schools ... no, your old schools ...

Patrick Bateman

I'm a bit confused by this thread. At first I thought we were voting for what we deemed to the be the best 5 schools in the area. But it seems to just be a list of where we all went to school? OK....

John Keble Memorial Primary, Hursley

Peter Symonds Grammar

Peter Symonds Sixth Form College

Eastleigh Tech

Southampton Institute of Higher Edjerkashun aka Uni of Southampton

One day I will travel, honestly. Apparently there's a wide world out there. :p

Ludlow Infants

Ludlow Juniors

Woolston Secondary.

Passed every exam I ever took. Made the unwise decision to leave full-time education at the age of 16 to start my career of going out on the ****** a bit earlier than normal.

Very foolish decision. My life has descended into a life of missed opportunities. I now have a job as a human punchbag, expected to beg people to do their jobs properly, and them making it seem like I am the devil incarnate.

I love what Juvenile Unit #1's mates said to her when she got to Uni.

"Did you go to a comp? What was that like?"

tbf, I did send the girls to Catholic school, which tend to be a bit better in terms of results up here.

BTEC in catering at my local college.

(well according to Jeff/DPS)

I did the Computing A Level before dropping out of Tauntons. Did the BTEC National a year after at the Tech. Awesome course, more technically advanced than most of the stuff we ended up doing at Uni. It did not hurt that the girls who did hairdressing were not far away :)

You probably know my sister, she was at St Anne's and is same age as you (if I read the last page right).

I also went to Imperial...so perhaps you are my sister!!

Hiya!! Can you come round and fix my computer?? Mum called last night - she's trying to get hold of you. Can you call her back??!!

Hiya!! Can you come round and fix my computer?? Mum called last night - she's trying to get hold of you. Can you call her back??!!

OMG - you do sound like my sister! :scared:

I guess we better put that sex we were planning on hold.

I did the Computing A Level before dropping out of Tauntons. Did the BTEC National a year after at the Tech. Awesome course, more technically advanced than most of the stuff we ended up doing at Uni. It did not hurt that the girls who did hairdressing were not far away :)

So they could do your hair? :)

Holbury Infants

Bitterne Manor Primary

Blackfield Juniors

Hardley Secondary

Totton College (92-94)

Hull Uni

For me ... looking at that list, no wonder I'm stupid ;)

2 > $100m turnover businesses were co-founded by ex Totton College people mate - red Ken did a great job of installing capatilism:)

2 > $100m turnover businesses were co-founded by ex Totton College people mate - red Ken did a great job of installing capatilism:)

Yep :) Being serious for a second, I have no desire to have had a different education, it is what you make of it, right? Totton was also really good at sports too. Don't get me wrong, Hardley was crap, but I got what I needed from it.

Some primary school in Belper

Primary school in Swanmore

Royal Hospital School, Ipswich

Perins, Alresford

Peter Symonds

Eastleigh College - part time

Basingstoke College - part time

University of Salford

Warwick Business School, MBA

I went to Hamble Comprehensive during the Thatcher years, anything I have achieved in life it in spite of that bully-ridden sh!t hole not because of it.

My main memories are of the classmates reducing supply teachers to tears, laughing at the music teacher being locked in the cupboard and watching the school slag being fingered by the council estate kids at he back of the class - during lessons. Unlike most from Hamble I have not been inside but I can only image this dump is the closest thing to prison as you can get with being sent down.

I went to Hamble Comprehensive during the Thatcher years, anything I have achieved in life it in spite of that bully-ridden sh!t hole not because of it.

My main memories are of the classmates reducing supply teachers to tears, laughing at the music teacher being locked in the cupboard and watching the school slag being fingered by the council estate kids at he back of the class - during lessons. Unlike most from Hamble I have not been inside but I can only image this dump is the closest thing to prison as you can get with being sent down.

That's weird. My grandad worked as a mechanic for years in the area. The family Saturday involved going to Hamble Social Club. I always got the impression that Hamble was alright, but then I guess you have to live anywhere to really know it...

That's weird. My grandad worked as a mechanic for years in the area. The family Saturday involved going to Hamble Social Club. I always got the impression that Hamble was alright, but then I guess you have to live anywhere to really know it...

Hamble's alright, it's just that school during my time there was rough, probably just under-funded at the time. One school trip consisted of driving to Stonhenge, parking on the road next to it and looking at it through the fence because they couldn't afford the entrance fee.

Anyone apart from me and Sarnia Saint fly the Saints flag whilst in 'proper' education (eg school uniforms/caps/learning Latin and the like) within what is now the PO Post code?

I did all that (school uniform, caps, Latin, prefects, the cane, detentions, standing when the master came into the room.....) but I have always been in an SO postcode.

On the subject of old school's - I wonder if anyone has ever tried this...?

It's a website that holds the largest School Photograph Database in the

World. Not always successful, but worth a flutter if you fancy... only took 3 minutes

http://worldschoolphotographs.com/pages/wsp.php

Wow. I thought there was no chance of there being a pic of me, but entered my details and sure enough I am there, aged 11 !!!

Give it a go.

Wow. I thought there was no chance of there being a pic of me, but entered my details and sure enough I am there, aged 11 !!!

Give it a go.

Same for me!

I'd forgotten just what a good looking chap I was back then, although I have to say that some of my old girlfriends were a bit ropier than I'd remembered :(

I did all that (school uniform, caps, Latin, prefects, the cane, detentions, standing when the master came into the room.....) but I have always been in an SO postcode.

Presume you were an 11+ student too?

Only the brightest went to University then but for the rest of us average performers there were a host of jobs out there to choose from (in the 60's and 70's) which is not the case today I am sad to say

Hamble's rep then was why I got sent to KES - it used to drive me nuts that all my mates got days off because of the teachers strikes and I didn't.

One thing that's very interesting is matching posters to school reputation.

Or in other words, is that all you've f**king got, Barton Peveril and King Edwards? :)

Derby Road (Eastleigh) Primary School. Now called Cherbourg Road School I think.

Alderman Quilley Secondary Modern Borstal (Eastleigh). Offered chance to upgrade from CSE to GCE's a few months before the exams and having covered less than half of the syllabus!!

Over to Barton Peveril Sixth Form College to sit GCE's and A Levels.

The Dole ... for 6 months!!

Our Lady of Providence School in Alton (when we lived in Longmoor Army camp in late '50s)

Our Lady of Mercy and St. Joseph Catholic Primary in Lymington (when we lived in Norleywood in the Forest in late '50s)

Hythe Primary School (1960-1964)

St. Mary's College in Southampton (1964-1969)

Nelson High School in Burlington, Ontario (1969-1970)

Schools in 2 different counties for me, thanks to boarding school and a music scholarship.

Kings Court First School, Old Windsor, Berkshire.

New College, Oxford.

Bearwood College, Wokingham.

University was Brunel in Uxbridge but I dropped out so I don't count that.