Defoe wants out.

SimonRichards

3. Of course we won't spend heavily in the TW. Gaydamak's reducing the debt which makes the club easier to sell. We'll still bring in 4 or 5 players this month though.

Apparently 3 players are already the subject of bids from PFC, no idea who? Being completely honest, I'm not at all disappointed by the sales, a good relegation scrap is better than any mid table mediocrity, far more exciting than meaningless matches we have become used to over the last couple of years. Pompey are always best when up against it, the previous couple of years have bored the s*it out of me and I include winning the FA cup in that! Give me the last day win at Wigan in '05 over a Wembley trip anyday, We love the drama, we love to hate our Villains and we love to dig in and scrap, bring it on! :smt026:smt026:smt026:smt026

Apparently 3 players are already the subject of bids from PFC, no idea who? Being completely honest, I'm not at all disappointed by the sales, a good relegation scrap is better than any mid table mediocrity, far more exciting than meaningless matches we have become used to over the last couple of years. Pompey are always best when up against it, the previous couple of years have bored the s*it out of me and I include winning the FA cup in that! Give me the last day win at Wigan in '05 over a Wembley trip anyday, We love the drama, we love to hate our Villains and we love to dig in and scrap, bring it on! :smt026:smt026:smt026:smt026

What a load of crap...you loved it.

I bet you were one of the plastics waving at the bus.

What a load of crap...you loved it.

I bet you were one of the plastics waving at the bus.

Sorry Always, but your quite wrong. In retrospect the highlight for me in the cup was beating Man Utd at old trafford, the rest was more relief than celebration, we HAD to beat West Brom and we HAD to beat Cardiff, we were expected too so, to me it felt more 'Job done' than anything else. I don't speak for all or even most Pompey fans I'm sure the majority did LOVE it, but I can only speak for myself and say it really was not that great, had we beaten Man Utd 1-0 in the final however. ;)

I'm an honest fella, I don't want to go down because I want to maintain our league superiority over you lot (God knows I waited all my football supporting life for it!) three years is not long enough! I do know for a fact that I will enjoy a relegation scrap more than I will the so called high's of the last few years as you all must remember, the wins are 'immense' and the losses 'truelly crushing', the last few years i've just felt 'Smug' upon winning and 'mildly dissapointed' when having lost. As I say you can with some justification call Pompey fans all kinds of things, but when our backs are to the wall, I promise you, no set of fans will generate the overwhelming 'defiant' support that Pompey fans will lift our team with.

One more thing, a few years back I was walking to the ground and got talking to an old fella, he told me he watched Pompey and Saints on alternate weeks, I asked him how he felt the vocal support compared, he told me they were much of a muchness however Saints fans 'respond' to their teams positive efforts on the pitch, Pompey fans 'Lift' their team to greater endeavor. You will laugh, I accept that, It don't bother me. I'm truelly looking forward to the battle a battle I'm convinced we'll win and know Pompey fans will relish! :D

Jermain Defoe's return to Tottenham Hotspur has yet to be finalised and reports suggest that not only has a fee yet to agreed with Portsmouth but the deal could also come under close scrutiny for a possible breach of transfer rules.

A dapper Jermain Defoe was all smiles when unveiled earlier this week.

The delay in Defoe's move will cause confusion amongst fans who witnessed the player's unveiling at White Hart Lane ahead of Tuesday's 4-1 win over Burnley in their Carling Cup semi-final first leg tie.

Fans greeted Defoe warmly after it seemed the striker had completed a £15 million move from Fratton Park after just 12 months on the south coast.

However, it is understood that a final deal is yet to be agreed between the two clubs and paperwork remaining unsigned; as such Defoe's registration remains with Portsmouth.

Added to that, Premier League rule L19 states: "A Club which transfers or cancels the registration of a Player may not apply to register that Player within a year except with the prior written consent of the Board."

It is less than a year since Defoe was loaned to Portsmouth and technically Tottenham still held his registration until May when the transfer was made permanent. The only player ever to be permitted such a move was Chris Powell when he returned to Charlton, though he was without a club.

And Tottenham have previous experience of the rule when they initial attempted to sign Leeds goalkeeper Paul Robinson. That fell through when the Premier League blocked Spurs from loaning him back to the Elland Road side immediately.

Further muddying the waters are reports suggesting Defoe's mother could have played a part in negotiating his return to White Hart Lane, a fact which would breach transfer regulations as she is not registered to do so.

Last year Defoe split acrimoniously with his former agent Sky Andrew, who is now suing the player for breach of contract. Andrew alleges Defoe was illegally represented by an unregistered agent in his £7 million January 2008 move to Portsmouth.

As a result of the continuing case Defoe was unable to appoint new representation and was therefore left to negotiate the move to Spurs himself. The Guardian reports that Andrew could make a further claim against Defoe if his mother, Sandra St Helen, influenced the transfer.

In another twist it has been reported that the deal initially stalled Defoe when Defoe demanded Portsmouth pay him a £700,000 loyalty bonus due to him because he did not seek a move away.

Despite the uncertainty Defoe has begun training with Spurs, but at present would be ineligible to play for Harry Redknapp's side.

What is it about Portsmouth that they always seem to attract the 'dodgy dealing' label?

Interestingly, on BBC South Today tonight, there was a report on the stalling of their alleged new stadium. Planning won't be sought until the summer, it seems, and there are some doubts as to whether it will be granted anyway.

In the meantime, Gaydamak is needing to sell the club. The nub of the report was that it would be easier to sell it if it had planning permission, but can he wait that long?

Troubled times for our dear neighbours :)

What is it about Portsmouth that they always seem to attract the 'dodgy dealing' label?

Interestingly, on BBC South Today tonight, there was a report on the stalling of their alleged new stadium. Planning won't be sought until the summer, it seems, and there are some doubts as to whether it will be granted anyway.

In the meantime, Gaydamak is needing to sell the club. The nub of the report was that it would be easier to sell it if it had planning permission, but can he wait that long?

Troubled times for our dear neighbours :)

Not really, more a case of putting things on the back burner. Our owners have enough money to ride the Storm. The current climate has seen $8,000,000,000 dollars wiped off the net worth of Arcadi Gaydamak, as he jokingly put it, he's on his uppers, he's now down to his last 2 Billion!!! (to put that in perspective, Abramovich is apparently now worth $3 Billion) The club is for sale as are most clubs if the right offer comes along, were unlikely to find a buyer in the current climate, but I don't see things as being half as troubled as the national press, who for some reason really care about what goes on at PFC? As for me, i'm thoroughly enjoying our ambition re-alignment. ;):)

Not really, more a case of putting things on the back burner. Our owners have enough money to ride the Storm. The current climate has seen $8,000,000,000 dollars wiped off the net worth of Arcadi Gaydamak, as he jokingly put it, he's on his uppers, he's now down to his last 2 Billion!!! (to put that in perspective, Abramovich is apparently now worth $3 Billion) The club is for sale as are most clubs if the right offer comes along, were unlikely to find a buyer in the current climate, but I don't see things as being half as troubled as the national press, who for some reason really care about what goes on at PFC? As for me, i'm thoroughly enjoying our ambition re-alignment. ;):)

Here's football's Rich List as at yesterday. I can't see Gaydamak on it :rolleyes:

Oh hang on - he doesn't really own the club, does he :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/table/2009/jan/07/football-club-owners-rich-list

Here's football's Rich List as at yesterday. I can't see Gaydamak on it :rolleyes:

Oh hang on - he doesn't really own the club, does he :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/table/2009/jan/07/football-club-owners-rich-list

Who, knows who really owns Pompey? Allegedly Gaydamak Jnr is bankrolled by his father and to be honest, whilst he does have a small fortune of his own, he's learning his way in business with his fathers support...... I'm guessing. Y'now Bridge i'm telling you the truth, I like Sasha Gaydamak as our owner, I really do, I like the way he operates and I sincerley hope he does not sell us. :)

PES according to the list, Abramovich is worth £7bn, not £3bn as you say, and Gaydamark, it would seem, ISN'T worth £2bn. The lowest earner on that list (that Gaydamark doesn't feature on) is worth only £0.4bn.

How bizarre :rolleyes:

April 2008, net worth approx £100m.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3797341.ece

So depending on whether you use the US or UK scale determines how close to a billionaire he really is....

US = 1,000,000,000 [One thousand Million]

UK = 1,000,000,000,000 [One million million]

But coming in at 784 on the rich list isn't that rich really....

April 2008, net worth approx £100m.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/article3797341.ece

So depending on whether you use the US or UK scale determines how close to a billionaire he really is....

US = 1,000,000,000 [One thousand Million]

UK = 1,000,000,000,000 [One million million]

But coming in at 784 on the rich list isn't that rich really....

Yebbut Weston, as so many Saints fans love to point out, it's not Sasha Gaydamaks Money behind the club but his fathers, who is worth a considerable amount of money. Was 10 Billion, now 2 Billion but as he has said, thats paper money, he does not care about the decrease in his assets, because it's only 8 Billion lost should he choose to sell.

Yebbut Weston, as so many Saints fans love to point out, it's not Sasha Gaydamaks Money behind the club but his fathers, who is worth a considerable amount of money. Was 10 Billion, now 2 Billion but as he has said, thats paper money, he does not care about the decrease in his assets, because it's only 8 Billion lost should he choose to sell.

So, who exactly is in charge of Pompey?

I dont believe it either. 7 days into January and there hasnt been a single 'Pompey Transfer Rumours' thread yet. Pull your finger out Corp. I want to know how much of the Diarra/Defoe money will be spent on Riquelme.

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola. :D

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City)

Edu - Valencia (Loan)

Manuel Fernandes - Valencia (£6m)

Gary O'Neil - Boro (£4.5m)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (£7m)

Mirel Radio - Steaua Bucharest (£4.5m)

Ronald Zubar - Marseille (£6m)

Aruna Dindane - Lens (£6m)

Blaise Matuidi - St Etienne (£8m)

Oh dear - looks like P**pey might be in trouble because of the state of their pitch last weekend:

Fulham are considering installing undersoil heating at Craven Cottage after their postponed Premier League match against Blackburn on Saturday cost them £100,000. (Daily Express) The Cottagers and Portsmouth, who were due to face Manchester City, may face sanctions from the Premier League if it is found they did not take sufficient action to prevent the postponement of their games. (Various)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7823461.stm

Oh dear - looks like P**pey might be in trouble because of the state of their pitch last weekend:

Fulham are considering installing undersoil heating at Craven Cottage after their postponed Premier League match against Blackburn on Saturday cost them £100,000. (Daily Express) The Cottagers and Portsmouth, who were due to face Manchester City, may face sanctions from the Premier League if it is found they did not take sufficient action to prevent the postponement of their games. (Various)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7823461.stm

Bit of a non-news story really. The pitch had been covered over since Monday & heaters had been brought in on Tuesday which were working pretty much 24-7 in the lead up to Saturday. Considering the temp in Pompey went down to -7 on the Friday night & was still at -4 on Saturday morning I'm not surprised it was cancelled. But don't let that stand in your way. ;)

I think the Premier League rules stipulate that a club has to be able to play games in temperatures as low as -3. They don't state how a club has to achieve this (i.e. it doesn't say "all clubs must have undersoil heating", unlike the SPL), so I'd be surprised if Pompey were hit with anything more than a trivial fine. If anything, they should just be made to reimburse any fan (either home or away) who was left out of pocket having already booked train tickets etc, rather than have the FA/Premier League profit from it.

£15m well spent by 'Arry judging by yesterday's non-appearance by Defoe :lol:

It felt really strange cheering a goal scored by Wigan!

Financially a great a deal for us because as I said earlier he isnt that gooder player. Fantastic goalscorer yes, good team player no

I think the Premier League rules stipulate that a club has to be able to play games in temperatures as low as -3. They don't state how a club has to achieve this (i.e. it doesn't say "all clubs must have undersoil heating", unlike the SPL), so I'd be surprised if Pompey were hit with anything more than a trivial fine. If anything, they should just be made to reimburse any fan (either home or away) who was left out of pocket having already booked train tickets etc, rather than have the FA/Premier League profit from it.

Funny thing is, it was pretty mild (and sunny) in Fratton on Saturday morning/afternoon. If they'd waited, the pitch would have been alright.

Funny thing is, it was pretty mild (and sunny) in Fratton on Saturday morning/afternoon. If they'd waited, the pitch would have been alright.

Up to Saturday we had sub zero temperates every night for about two weeks, Baffin's pond has been frozen for most that time, The sea was frozen up Langston The frost was well into the ground not just whitening the tips of the grass, PFC had industrial heaters and the pitch covered since the Monday,

It was a Perm Referee who called the game off, Not a silly little ****** opening his bedroom window and thinking (yer its alright);)

Up to Saturday we had sub zero temperates every night for about two weeks, Baffin's pond has been frozen for most that time, The sea was frozen up Langston The frost was well into the ground not just whitening the tips of the grass, PFC had industrial heaters and the pitch covered since the Monday,

It was a Perm Referee who called the game off, Not a silly little ****** opening his bedroom window and thinking (yer its alright);)

I appreciate that, and yeah it had been cold, but the weather turned Saturday morning (after the match had been called off). By 3pm it would have been fine.