Defoe wants out.

SimonRichards

I claimed none of our top players were leaving? When? Like when I posted this on the 15th Dec:

Don't see a firesale happening in Jan. Diarra will be off, the only question is to who. I was told that Man Utd had bid £16m for him (they failed with a £12m bid back in the summer) but that Man City are willing to go to almost £20m to get him if they need to (!) but Real Madrid are supposedly showing interest now at around £20m so we should make a decent profit on him wherever he goes. There might be a shock move for Sol Campbell to Newcastle if they'll match his wages and that would be fine with me. Gets two of the highest earners of the wage bill and Kaboul's looked good when hes played. The only other one I can see leaving is maybe Johnson. Spurs have of course been linked but I've heard that Benitez is interested. Would be hard to turn the move down for him if that happens.

http://saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6507

Good to see you using a quote that had absolutely nothing to do with the point you were trying to prove. It was made in response to Granty saying that of the 13 players we have who are out of contract in the summer quite a few of them must be our better players. I posted the link to prove that wasn't the case. Try and understand basic English before you post again and make yourself look a knob

No. I think he was saying that the quote was fine but that Defoe was lying when he made the claim. Of all the people who've left Pompey the only ones who claimed they received threats are Defoe and Quashie. Funnily enough, they both left to link up with Redknapp. Coincidence eh? Amazing that Diarra didn't receive any threats, wouldn't you say?

Diarra was straight from you from day one though and told you that you were just a stepping stone. I suppose honesty must have some credit among your lot after all.

FFS Weston I had you down as having abit more nouse - he wants a move and he is engineering it. More than likely an attempt by a certain someone to drive the price down so he can go to spurs.

Oh, I see!!

So is this not OK then, unlike the quotes in the papers saying he is off to Spain for £20m.

Those quotes trying to drive the price up are fine, but the ones trying to get the price down again aren't :rolleyes:

Those quotes trying to drive the price up are fine, but the ones trying to get the price down again aren't :rolleyes:

It's like Spurs whinging like mad when ManYoo clearly tapped up Berbatov and now think it's fine for them to do the same thing with Defoe and Downing.

Did Spurs have a sell on clause when they sold Defoe?

Apparently so. Pompey also still owe Spurs money from when they bought Defoe last year, as well as from the signings of Younes Kaboul and Pedro Mendes, apparently, although I can't see how they'd still owe on Mendes, given that he signed 3 years ago!

It's like Spurs whinging like mad when ManYoo clearly tapped up Berbatov and now think it's fine for them to do the same thing with Defoe and Downing.

Thank you Steve, yet again you demonstrate superior understanding. It's funny because all rivalries aside, spurs always seem to behave in a distasteful way towards other teams players and staff, especially in the past SFC's.

Thank you Steve, yet again you demonstrate superior understanding. It's funny because all rivalries aside, spurs always seem to behave in a distasteful way towards other teams players and staff, especially in the past SFC's.

Perhaps you will get the satisfaction we had and Redknapp will be sacked after you hammer Spuds at the lane.

Apparently so. Pompey also still owe Spurs money from when they bought Defoe last year, as well as from the signings of Younes Kaboul and Pedro Mendes, apparently, although I can't see how they'd still owe on Mendes, given that he signed 3 years ago!

Steve, the simple reason is Redknapp and Storrie are corrupt.

From day one Defoe did not want to play for pompey.I recall whern he signed he was mightily p#####d off and only joinred as he had too.

He has s### on you and that is why football is so distasteful nowadays.My wife said this morning 'I know its pompey but it is not right'

I will not mourn the end of modern football and the overrated overpaid football prima donnas.

I may add Pompey have helped fuel that by paying massive wages to a lot of players.

From day one Defoe did not want to play for pompey.I recall whern he signed he was mightily p#####d off and only joinred as he had too.

He has s### on you and that is why football is so distasteful nowadays.My wife said this morning 'I know its pompey but it is not right'

I will not mourn the end of modern football and the overrated overpaid football prima donnas.

I may add Pompey have helped fuel that by paying massive wages to a lot of players.

I can't argue with any of that Nick. :)

Not sure that I agree that he's **** on us. Defoe's a professional and just doing a job, much like most of us on here (albeit much better paid than most of us on here.) People tend to put a different perspective on things when footballers are concerned but to Defoe leaving Pompey for Spurs is no different to me leaving my current employers to move to a new company, especially if I'm offered more money. It was pretty clear that Defoe didn't really want to leave Spuds in the first place but wanted to play regularly. In all honesty I'd rather players were honest (like Diarra when he joined us saying we were a stepping stone to a bigger club) than players running round the pitch kissing the badge on the shirt when you know that, like Defoe, they'd leave if anyone offered them more money.

Pompey are paying big wages because that's the only way you can compete in the Prem these days and like Diarra, at least PFC made a massive profit on what they originally paid for him.

15 million? what? zimbabwean dollars? extraordinary fee for an ok premiership player

Actually I think it's nearer £16m. :cool:

Actually I think it's nearer £16m. :cool:

By all accounts Spurs negotiated a 25% sell on clause when they sold him to you , which means they're entitled to 4m . You paid 9m for him so that leaves 3m profit ......

Press also reporting today that you still owe Spurs for Kaboul and Mendes , so maybe you've just made about million .... not quite so :cool: wouldn't you agree ?

Just as well you've still got Nugent LOL

By all accounts Spurs negotiated a 25% sell on clause when they sold him to you , which means they're entitled to 4m . You paid 9m for him so that leaves 3m profit ......

Press also reporting today that you still owe Spurs for Kaboul and Mendes , so maybe you've just made about million .... not quite so :cool: wouldn't you agree ?

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read in your tabloids.

We may still owe some on Kaboul, but considering that 50% of any fee has to be paid in advance and his cost was around £6million we probably owe a bit under £3million (we have probably paid at least one installment of the remainder). Similarly, Defoe was about £8million, so we would have owed no more than £4m immediately after he signed and since the rest is payable over two years, we would have paid nearly half of it if the installments were monthly, or a quarter if we paid a quarter every 6 months...so we would have paid 1 of the 4 million we would owe at the very least. So, the most we would owe them is about 6million, meaning we will get £10million plus the remainder of other fees written off. With regards to Mendes, under Prem rules you cannot still owe money on a player after you've sold him. Which means that we can't possibly owe Spuds any further payments for him.

Finally, the tabloid ****s seem to be forgetting, in their rush to write us off and laud Harry that it was widely reported that the £5m "fee" we got from Spuds when Redknapp joined them paid off much of the cash we owed them for Defoe and/ or Kaboul. So are we paying them twice for Kaboul or something? LOL

Like Dull Days, you really ought to think about what you write before posting it or you just end up looking like a **** :smt044

If i have just heard Sky sports correctly, Spurs included a fixed sell on clause for Defoe, and have bought him for 15 million...... 4 million of which goes back to Spurs as they sold him, so 11 million, which is what they paid for him...i think

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read in your tabloids.

We may still owe some on Kaboul, but considering that 50% of any fee has to be paid in advance and his cost was around £6million we probably owe a bit under £3million (we have probably paid at least one installment of the remainder). Similarly, Defoe was about £8million, so we would have owed no more than £4m immediately after he signed and since the rest is payable over two years, we would have paid nearly half of it if the installments were monthly, or a quarter if we paid a quarter every 6 months...so we would have paid 1 of the 4 million we would owe at the very least. So, the most we would owe them is about 6million, meaning we will get £10million plus the remainder of other fees written off. With regards to Mendes, under Prem rules you cannot still owe money on a player after you've sold him. Which means that we can't possibly owe Spuds any further payments for him.

Finally, the tabloid ****s seem to be forgetting, in their rush to write us off and laud Harry that it was widely reported that the £5m "fee" we got from Spuds when Redknapp joined them paid off much of the cash we owed them for Defoe and/ or Kaboul. So are we paying them twice for Kaboul or something? LOL

Like Dull Days, you really ought to think about what you write before posting it or you just end up looking like a **** :smt044

You obviously didn't read my post you dumb arse skate , i wasn't questioning how much you would get for Defoe just looking at the PROFIT you would make on selling him on.

You tried to be smug with your '16m :cool: ' quote , when in actual fact you've made f*ck all ........ granted you got your money back and cleared some outstanding debt but its not quite the deal you wish it was , is it ?

You obviously didn't read my post you dumb arse skate , i wasn't questioning how much you would get for Defoe just looking at the PROFIT you would make on selling him on.

You tried to be smug with your '16m :cool: ' quote , when in actual fact you've made f*ck all ........ granted you got your money back and cleared some outstanding debt but its not quite the deal you wish it was , is it ?

I think it's a great deal for Pompey. Defoe does not want to play for Pompey now, we do need another striker, we wont get one of the quality of Defoe, but we'll be better off without him and clearing more debt, than with him and him being a bad apple. When West Ham got relegated he put in a transfer request the day after, they still did not sell him. He then got himself sent off three times to force a move, how disgusting is that? I think parallels can be drawn with the way he has performed in recent weeks, culminating in the non game from him and alleged purposeful penalty miss. Glad he's gone but really p****d off with the CONSTANT negative media campaign against us.

I see Harry c**Tflaps is now covering his own back and saying that the squad at spurs is not strong and powerful enough, nor is it well balanced. And then they sign defoe... Hmmm...He really is a CU Next Tuesday....(harry that is...)

what utter ******.given a load of money anyone of us could manage. just look at david oleary

Not true, or the big clubs with loads of money would never sack managers, which they do. Equally, if your notion had any legs then they wouldn't bother with a manager at all, just give the tea lady a sack of cash.

Not true, or the big clubs with loads of money would never sack managers, which they do. Equally, if your notion had any legs then they wouldn't bother with a manager at all, just give the tea lady a sack of cash.

The truth with Redknapp is somewhere in between, he must have some ability in man-management to keep getting the jobs he gets but he is also very keen on splashing the cash to improve a squad rather than coaching players... And when the cash isn't made available to splash around in his usual manner, as it wasn't during his time at SFC, his ability to improve a squad through coaching is found wanting.

The truth with Redknapp is somewhere in between, he must have some ability in man-management to keep getting the jobs he gets but he is also very keen on splashing the cash to improve a squad rather than coaching players... And when the cash isn't made available to splash around in his usual manner, as it wasn't during his time at SFC, his ability to improve a squad through coaching is found wanting.

Fairly accurate. He is a (unt though, even though he can manage with money.

I've highlighted the relevant bits for you as you seemed to have trouble understanding normal, basic English. So can you tell me how you think I didn't read your post? :smt044

I didn't say we made £16m profit. I said we made a nice profit. Whether we accepted some of that £16m in px for Kaboul or to pay off what we still owed, it's still extra income isn't it you dumb tw*t? Because otherwise we would still have had to pay it. Which means that money is now freed up for something else. Or would you disagree?

I notice you ignoed the point about the £5m they paid us for Redknapp being used to pay off some of the money we owed Spuds as well. Keep trying though, you never fail to give me a big laugh :D

PS, don't want to upset you but it's being widely reported that the total value of the deal is around £19m. Meaning we made even more of a profit. LOL

Thats superb news. More money for new stadium designs.

Do you have a link to your 'widely reported' report?

The way you wrote that it's almost as if you don't believe me :D

Tottenham will pay Portsmouth only £9 million to bring England striker Jermain Defoe back to White Hart Lane, despite the total value of the deal being £19 million.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/spurs-to-pay-pompey-only-pound9m-in-pound19m-defoe-deal-1593795.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/tottenham/4144050/Tottenham-get-Jermain-Defoe-for-just-9m.html

Corp , i can't normally be bothered to respond to the utter drivel you post on here but i felt compelled to this time.

You came on here trying to big up the Defoe deal , look at us , 16m profit , :cool: , b&llocks .....

As Redknapp said today he did you a favour , you're skint :D , Gaydamak wants out and he wants his money back . Because of your outstanding debt with Spurs and their sell-on clause you've barely made any profit , you just got your money back and that's gone straight into Gaymaks back pocket . Lets see who you buy to replace him , it's my guess you won't ...... come back at the end of Jan and lets see the difference between income from player sales and outlay on replacements .

Interesting bit here from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jan/06/jermain-defoe-portsmouth-fratton-park-harry-redknapp-tottenham-hotspur

You currently have a credit rating of ZERO. It makes your statements look like the ramblings of a cretinous inbred , oh :D

Corp , i can't normally be bothered to respond to the utter drivel you post on here but i felt compelled to this time.

You came on here trying to big up the Defoe deal , look at us , 16m profit , :cool: , b&llocks .....

As Redknapp said today he did you a favour , you're skint :D , Gaydamak wants out and he wants his money back . Because of your outstanding debt with Spurs and their sell-on clause you've barely made any profit , you just got your money back and that's gone straight into Gaymaks back pocket . Lets see who you buy to replace him , it's my guess you won't ...... come back at the end of Jan and lets see the difference between income from player sales and outlay on replacements .

Interesting bit here from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jan/06/jermain-defoe-portsmouth-fratton-park-harry-redknapp-tottenham-hotspur

You currently have a credit rating of ZERO. It makes your statements look like the ramblings of a cretinous inbred , oh :D

You can't resist looking like a c*ck can you.

1. Show me the post where I said we made £16m profit on Defoe. Link please.

2. Made no profit on Defoe? Whether we received the money in cash or not is immaterial. It means any money we owed to Spuds for Defoe and Kaboul is wiped off which is money we could use elsewhere. Also, if you read the Times report you'll see that the £4m sell on clause that you so gleefully quoted yesterday was waived as part of the deal which made the total value of him moving to Spuds £19-20m. We've really come out of that one badly, haven't we? What about the money for Mendes you reported we still owed that I showed you was incorrect? No comment on that?

3. Of course we won't spend heavily in the TW. Gaydamak's reducing the debt which makes the club easier to sell. We'll still bring in 4 or 5 players this month though.

4. As for our credit rating, the problem with this analysis is the use of Equifax as a source. Equifax has committed the classic error of searching for the accounts under the name of 'Portsmouth Football Club' - the latter has nothing to do with Pompey now. Pompey is actually registered with Companies House under the name 'Portsmouth City Football Club'. Search for that and proper accounts will be found. The fact that Equifax has made this basic error does not say much for the quality of its work: even a quick check should have led it in the right direction. Its report looks like a quick job to gain publicity rather than anything else.

You were so excited when you wrote all that as well, weren't you. Thought you'd really shown me a thing or two. What a c*ck :smt044