IMbula ?

Bronko85

He's ok. We're in for him to try and bulk up our number of Belgian players to entice Toby. Spurs have at least 3 of them so expect bids for Witsel and Jelle Van Damme soon.

Trouble is Imbula is actually French....comes from the Congo via Belgium or something. Personally I'd not sign anything that's ever been anywhere near Marseille.

Why not?

There is a strange sort of mentality in the place, the OM is a complete shambles and it seems to rub off onto their players.

You never know what state of mind you're buying into with an ex OM player. Look at Gignac...signed for some Mexican outfit ffs, what respectable european footballer in their right mind would do that for a few quid more. Valbuena took the roubles from Dynamo Moscow because they were the highest bidder and now regrets it because they've been chucked out of Europe for continual FFP abuses, to get a 4 year ban it must be serious. There is something rotten in the kingdom of marseille.

Didn't Drogba come from Marseille?

And is now refusing to return there because they have no plan, no direction, no project. Since Dreyfuss died they have become

a one ringed circus and it affects players. Couple this with continual investigations into tax fraud, occult payments on player transfers and agents fees and you doubt anything that comes from there.

Trouble is Imbula is actually French....comes from the Congo via Belgium or something. Personally I'd not sign anything that's ever been anywhere near Marseille.

Ridiculous statement. Imbula is class and an integral part of the team that nearly qualified for Champions league last year.

Yes Marseille have their flaws but they are far from the circus team you are describing.

Ridiculous statement. Imbula is class and an integral part of the team that nearly qualified for Champions league last year.

Yes Marseille have their flaws but they are far from the circus team you are describing.

As you like, for me anything out of Marseille is on a par with Portsmouth. Don't forget how they blew the championship last season. That was about player mentality.

Edited by Window Cleaner

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/22/arsenal-make-contact-with-giannelli-imbulas-father-as-they-look-to-complete-15-7m-transfer-from-marseille-5256978/

In a way I'm hoping that Arsenal get him and Man Utd get Schweinsteiger and then hopefully Morgan will stay!

ah yes 10sport, wasn't that the bunch of clowns who were putting it about last summer that KL wanted to sell, nay was desperate to sell and a firesale was the order of the day. Do not take any notice of anything they print, it's all bolloaks and agent hype.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Inter.

IMBULA TO INTER

Inter are close to finalising a deal for Marseille’s Giannelli Imbula.

The deal would see the player join the Italians on a one-year loan for 1 million euros with an option to buy for 18 millions euros.

Imbula, who has made seven appearances for France at U21 level and has been dubbed “the next Patrick Viera”, has been previously linked with Arsenal and Southampton.

And is now refusing to return there because they have no plan, no direction, no project. Since Dreyfuss died they have become

a one ringed circus and it affects players. Couple this with continual investigations into tax fraud, occult payments on player transfers and agents fees and you doubt anything that comes from there.

Seriously? Occult? Some sort of Mystic Meg advising them on player transfers? :?

On what is that based? He is 3 years younger than Schneiderlin and looks to have a lot of potential, but is currently behind Schneiderlin in the pecking order for France.

I get lazy sometimes and forget to put IMO at the end which I always thought what a forum was all about. Yes, younger and bags of potential. Capable of breaking up play and finding that killer cross-field pass but has a stronger physical presence than Morgan. More importantly his tackles are more effective. For me Morgan goes in far too rashly on occasions with both feet and showing studs. It's why he picks up so many yellows. If we have to lose Morgan - and I hope we don't - then his occasionally reckless tackling and lack of goals from midfield are the two areas to improve on. All IMO of course :)

On what is that based? He is 3 years younger than Schneiderlin and looks to have a lot of potential, but is currently behind Schneiderlin in the pecking order for France.

Haven't commented on the France situation because I don't really follow the national team - I guess he fits their style of play better - but to be fair he's only broken into the side in the last 12 months. #IMO

I get lazy sometimes and forget to put IMO at the end which I always thought what a forum was all about.

Why does anyone ever need to say "IMO"? Who else's opinion could I have thought it was?

Yes, younger and bags of potential. Capable of breaking up play and finding that killer cross-field pass but has a stronger physical presence than Morgan. More importantly his tackles are more effective. For me Morgan goes in far too rashly on occasions with both feet and showing studs. It's why he picks up so many yellows. If we have to lose Morgan - and I hope we don't - then his occasionally reckless tackling and lack of goals from midfield are the two areas to improve on. All IMO of course :)

Last season...

Imbula

- 37 league games

- 2 goals

- 2.4 tackles per game

- 1.2 interceptions per game

- 1.8 fouls per game

Schneiderlin

- 26 league games

- 4 goals

- 3.7 tackles per game

- 2.6 interceptions per game

- 1.8 fouls per game

Plus Schneiderlin playing in a stronger league.

Don't take this as me not wanting Imbula, I'd actually quite like him. But on a stats basis, Schneiderlin wins.

French journalist on Talksport (Julien Laurent of La Parisienne) now was just talking about Imbula, seems to think that he will go to Italy. No mention of any English club being interested in him.

Also asked about Cabeye to West Ham (as one of the presenters is a Hammers fan), PSG unlikely to let him go on a loan and paid £20m for him and would want most of that back, indicated would need to be a fee north of £15m to get him. That said, Cabeye wants first team football a his place is in danger of losing his place in the French team.

French journalist on Talksport (Julien Laurent of La Parisienne) now was just talking about Imbula, seems to think that he will go to Italy. No mention of any English club being interested in him.

Also asked about Cabeye to West Ham (as one of the presenters is a Hammers fan), PSG unlikely to let him go on a loan and paid £20m for him and would want most of that back, indicated would need to be a fee north of £15m to get him. That said, Cabeye wants first team football a his place is in danger of losing his place in the French team.

Morgan will replace him in the French XI anyway because Cabaye is on the slippery slope in the role that Deschamps insists on giving him, ie sentry in front of the defence, Pogba and Kondogbia could do it but Deschamps considers them too impetous and prone to absent mindedness or gung-ho charging forward, he keeps saying that they both have to improve on that sector of their game.

Cheers for posting that.

We've been linked with a ton of defensive midfielders. I wonder which ones we have legit interest in?

- The Polish lad is quality but they want big ££'s for him.

- I seem to recall the Echo confirm that Idriss Gueye was somebody we were monitoring.

- Plus we know King Ronald confirmed Clasie is 'on the list'.

- Song / Cabaye don't seem like our kind of signings with their massive wages.