Are Spuds the most deluded, arrogant fans?

bridgeman

Spurs fans are laughing at us and threads like these don't really help. I'm annoyed as much as the next man about Alderweireld going there and not staying with us but THEY ARE A BIGGER CLUB. They've played in the Champions League, we haven't. They've finished in the top 5/6 the last few seasons, we haven't. Getting wound up over OWTS, who bloody cares? As for on the pitch, our record against them since returning to the PL is terrible, P6, L5 D1.

Spurs fans are laughing at us and threads like these don't really help. I'm annoyed as much as the next man about Alderweireld going there and not staying with us but THEY ARE A BIGGER CLUB. They've played in the Champions League, we haven't. They've finished in the top 5/6 the last few seasons, we haven't. Getting wound up over OWTS, who bloody cares? As for on the pitch, our record against them since returning to the PL is terrible, P6, L5 D1.

So Spurs historically have been a much bigger club than us, much as Arsenal have been a much bigger club than them. Who cares? Who cares what they think about us? What sort of moron goes on another club's fans forum anyway?

If they want to look like prats singing our song, let them. We replaced Pochettino with a better manager, I don't know whether the replacement for Mitchell is better, because that isn't something that will be visibly evident in the short term, but I suspect that he will be. I'm confident that we will replace Alderweireld with a player as good or better, much as he was an improvement on Lovren. Life goes on and we are a star in the ascendancy, whereas their star is waning.

I think we all agree that Spurs are a bigger club than us. What Spurs fans don't seem to understand is that they are a lot closer to us at the moment then Arsenal. Or maybe they do so come onto here to feel better about themselves. Please learn from them and think before ever going onto another clubs forum.

You're basically my neighbour, I live just next to harringay station on the crouch end side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair smattering of Saints on the other side of Harringay Station too, Eric....here there and everywhere...

Maybe this will happen and they can become as successful as Fulham :D

Fulham owner Shahid Khan wants to sell club in order to buy Tottenham and relocate NFL side Jacksonville Jaguars to White Hart Lane

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-owner-shahid-khan-wants-to-sell-club-in-order-to-buy-tottenham-and-relocate-nfl-side-jacksonville-jaguars-to-white-hart-lane-10380637.html

I don't think anyone (unless on a wind up) is seriously suggesting we're bigger or better. We're clearly not. Just funny seeing them think they're some sort of superpower in world football.

Fair smattering of Saints on the other side of Harringay Station too, Eric....here there and everywhere...

Is there a "saints" pub in harringay? I make most home and a fair few aways but midweeks can be a ***** at times so would be good to have somewhere to watch them close by

I remember Feyenoord - Tottenham, the final of the Uefa Cup in 1974. It was the first time Holland learned what hooliganism meant. 4.000 drunken Spurs fans who saw their team getting beaten by a superior Feyenoord and started to riot. Those mf's came with knives out, innocent people enjoying the game were crushed, there were 150 people wounded and it was a miracle nobody died. Since that day Tottenham is the most hated English club amongst many Feyenoord fans, especially our own hooligans, the ones without brains and always looking for a thrill shouting they're "Feyenoord till I die!" Monkey see, monkey do...

As a Feyenoord fan I have no problem with Tottenham Hotspur, you can't judge a club on a small part of their fanbase as I wouldn't like others to judge Feyenoord by the idiots who tried to destroy Rome this year.. However, I do feel more tense when we're playing them ('83 and '92) then usual. Even at a friendly game 10 years ago! But hating them because there are some fools amongst them who look down on Southampton? This sounds a bit childish to me...

That's a great point. We get respect from a lot of Arsenal, Chelsea, United and even some Liverpool fans on the internet, they know we're doing things well, pushing above our weight, doing things the right way and so on. Whereas the Spurs fans, a vast majority 'Look down' on us with no respect, probably 99% on twitter, internet forums and article comments. Probably far less outside the internet world though. They seem to have a superiority complex which doesn't sit right with me, without Levy they would be on West Hams level, they are similar sized clubs, no where near Arsenal, Liverpool and United. Levy has actually run them very well just hasn't got much in the trophy cabinet to show for it. So far

Is there a "saints" pub in harringay? I make most home and a fair few aways but midweeks can be a ***** at times so would be good to have somewhere to watch them close by

Just tend to get into the Old Ale Emporium these days. Would be nice to see you if you come down for a TV game. I used to have a S/T until kids came along, so the pub cheapest option.

That's a great point. We get respect from a lot of Arsenal, Chelsea, United and even some Liverpool fans on the internet, they know we're doing things well, pushing above our weight, doing things the right way and so on. Whereas the Spurs fans, a vast majority 'Look down' on us with no respect, probably 99% on twitter, internet forums and article comments. Probably far less outside the internet world though. They seem to have a superiority complex which doesn't sit right with me, without Levy they would be on West Hams level, they are similar sized clubs, no where near Arsenal, Liverpool and United. Levy has actually run them very well just hasn't got much in the trophy cabinet to show for it. So far

Well done mate yet another idiotic as well as ill informed pile of baseless drivel, fact is you will have read things that you don't like from literally a few Spurs fans on social media that represent a tiny NEGLIGIBLE amount of Spurs fan base, and then you stupidly tar an entire fanbase :rolleyes: lets get this straight matey, you are like a number of other posters on this board simply bitter and twisted about Spurs and understandably so, and are simply resorting to childishly making rubbish up but you are only making a fool of yourself mate.

Unless you are either mentally deficient or some clueless spotty 18 year old, then you are spouting even more crap by saying Spurs are a similar sized club to West Ham, :lol: as I said before you are either clueless regarding football or a a troll, No Spurs are not Manchester United or Arsenal or Liverpool, but fact is Spurs are one of the original Big 5 clubs and are now one of the so called Big 6 clubs whether you like it or not, Spurs currently have the 13th biggest annual turnover in world football and that will rise into the top 10 when our new 61,000 stadium comes into play, Spurs are the 10th biggest brand in world football as well but carry on hating wont you mate.

As for your West Ham comparison you are simply embarrassing yourself :mcinnes: West Ham 4 Trophies Tottenham Hotspur 17 Trophies close that isn't it mate, Spurs are miles bigger than West Ham in any way in which you can measure a football club, trophies fan base, annual income, merchandise sales, facilities, etc.

See below and learn ........

Founded in 1882, Tottenham won the FA Cup for the first time in 1901, making it the only non-League club to do so since the formation of the Football League. Tottenham was the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960–61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 it became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup. In 1967 it won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and was the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When it won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that it had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

The fans of Ajax have a slogan they probably borrowed from an English club: "We're Ajax, nobody likes us, we don't care..." Though being a Feyenoord fan, I can dig that attitude... ;)

TBH fans both sides saying we are bigger than you is extremely childish.

As an earlier poster said the gap between Saints and spurs is probably closer than its been for a while. In reality though it hardly matters as any club is as good or big as its last achieved success. At the moment Spurs possible has more armchair fans around the world than we do. But that gap is also closing now.

At the end of the day currently whether we like it or not, Spurs are still consistently finishing higher up the table than Saints. Only the childish fans will try to create argument with this fact.

What they cannot match however, is our academy as we are at the top with this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Must be... "The sons of Gods" (as the Ajax fans like to look upon themselves) connected with Millwall, that's quite funny! :lol:

Ajax are connected to Spurs actually, both being Jewish clubs and of course the Feyenoord sagas.

G4uHP44.jpg

Well done mate yet another idiotic as well as ill informed pile of baseless drivel, fact is you will have read things that you don't like from literally a few Spurs fans on social media that represent a tiny NEGLIGIBLE amount of Spurs fan base, and then you stupidly tar an entire fanbase :rolleyes: lets get this straight matey, you are like a number of other posters on this board simply bitter and twisted about Spurs and understandably so, and are simply resorting to childishly making rubbish up but you are only making a fool of yourself mate.

Unless you are either mentally deficient or some clueless spotty 18 year old, then you are spouting even more crap by saying Spurs are a similar sized club to West Ham, :lol: as I said before you are either clueless regarding football or a a troll, No Spurs are not Manchester United or Arsenal or Liverpool, but fact is Spurs are one of the original Big 5 clubs and are now one of the so called Big 6 clubs whether you like it or not, Spurs currently have the 13th biggest annual turnover in world football and that will rise into the top 10 when our new 61,000 stadium comes into play, Spurs are the 10th biggest brand in world football as well but carry on hating wont you mate.

As for your West Ham comparison you are simply embarrassing yourself :mcinnes: West Ham 4 Trophies Tottenham Hotspur 17 Trophies close that isn't it mate, Spurs are miles bigger than West Ham in any way in which you can measure a football club, trophies fan base, annual income, merchandise sales, facilities, etc.

Founded in 1882, Tottenham won the FA Cup for the first time in 1901, making it the only non-League club to do so since the formation of the Football League. Tottenham was the first club in the 20th century to achieve the League and FA Cup Double, winning both competitions in the 1960–61 season. After successfully defending the FA Cup in 1962, in 1963 it became the first British club to win a UEFA club competition – the European Cup Winners' Cup. In 1967 it won the FA Cup for a third time in the 1960s. In the 1970s Tottenham won the League Cup on two occasions and was the inaugural winner of the UEFA Cup in 1972, becoming the first British club to win two different major European trophies. In the 1980s Spurs won several trophies: the FA Cup twice, FA Community Shield and the UEFA Cup in 1984. In the 1990s the club won the FA Cup and the League Cup. When it won the League Cup once more in 2008, it meant that it had won a major trophy in each of the last six decades – an achievement only matched by Manchester United.

"You are only making a fool of yourself mate"

Said the bloke who thinks he ain't making a fool of himself, who created a login and is getting oh so angry on another clubs forum trying to convince everyone how big his club are.

"You are only making a fool of yourself mate"

Said the bloke who thinks he ain't making a fool of himself, who created a login and is getting oh so angry on another clubs forum trying to convince everyone how big his club are.

Wrong matey, I am not coming on here trying to convince you or anyone else of how big a club Spurs are or aren't, I am simply pointing out actual facts to the numpties on here that are spouting their ill informed drivel, all I am doing is proving them wrong by stating the truth with facts.

Plain simple fact is that Spurs are One of the 6 biggest clubs in the country, our Academy is now producing some excellent players and Spurs will continue to grow as a club with their new 61,000 capacity stadium and the NFL link up which will ensure that Spurs will get a massive stadium naming rights deal, along with much bigger sponsorship deals in general.

Whilst I rarely meet a Spurs fan who I don't think is an utter caant it would be idiotic not to appreciate that are a big club who will easily fill their new ground and are way, way bigger that Saints.

As for delusional fans, many of our own would be "top 4" easily but none are in the same league as pompey's.

Wrong matey, I am not coming on here trying to convince you or anyone else of how big a club Spurs are or aren't, I am simply pointing out actual facts to the numpties on here that are spouting their ill informed drivel, all I am doing is proving them wrong by stating the truth with facts.

Plain simple fact is that Spurs are One of the 6 biggest clubs in the country, our Academy is now producing some excellent players and Spurs will continue to grow as a club with their new 61,000 capacity stadium and the NFL link up which will ensure that Spurs will get a massive stadium naming rights deal, along with much bigger sponsorship deals in general.

The fact you feel the need to come onto another teams forum to tell us all this is sad.

The facts speak for themselves. Tottenham is a big club. I assume that's why you've spent valuable time posting on here, that you want this acknowledged.so once again, Tottenham is a Big Club. I agree also that Tottenham was big five and is now big six. Don't be too complacent about West Ham. They have the big stadium soon, paid for largely by London tax payers like me. Not quite a game changer on the scale of Man City, which did for Lerner at Villa, but nonetheless a credible threat to your top six.

Plain simple fact is that Spurs are One of the 6 biggest clubs in the country, our Academy is now producing some excellent players and Spurs will continue to grow as a club with their new 61,000 capacity stadium and the NFL link up which will ensure that Spurs will get a massive stadium naming rights deal, along with much bigger sponsorship deals in general.[/QUO

I may be alone here, but to be honest I couldn't care less about your big stadium and big NFL rights/massive sponsorship hard on you seem to have.

Come on, pal, pay the fiver. You're getting dicked on here with your little complex. Seems there's unfinished biz.

Funny reading Essexyids' posturing and can't help but think of CorpHo. I suppose every club has a few of these attention seekers who have to go onto other club's forums and spout forth about how great their club is. He also reminds me of The Flyer from QPR, who used to bore us with how great their team was until they went all yo-yo. But at least Essexyid has the humility to recognise that they used to be a top 5 club, but are now a top six club. They are certainly on a downward trajectory and it won't be too many years before they are a top 7 club. For all his bleating about the number of trophies they have won, most of the posters on here wouldn't have been born when they were last champions of the top division in 60/61.

But it is in a way gratifying that they recognised that we are enough of an inspiration to them that they pay little old us the compliment of poaching some of our players, our manager and backroom staff.

Forgetting cups, as Spuds have were always a good cup side (I'll give you that), in terms of winning the league, you're not even top 10

Man U = 20

Liverpool = 18

ARSENAL = 13

Everton = 9

Aston Villa = 7

Sunderland = 6

Chelsea = 5

Man City = 4

Newcastle = 4

Sheff Wed = 4

Leeds = 3

Wolves = 3

Huddersfield = 3

Blackburn = 3

Spurs two titles are on a par with Preston, Derby, Skates and Burnley. Well done. You must be soooooo proud

As for the last 24 years, 2 Carling Cups doesn't cut it. So you're not even a good cup side anymore.

Why don't you f**k off back to your own forum. The only thing more childish than arguing over "who is a bigger club" is going onto another teams forum to justify it. There are enough bellends on this forum, but they are our bellends so not half as bad as a bellend from outside.

I've always found the desire of fans to label their club a "big club" strange. Obviously it is relevant from an objective point of view regarding transfers etc, but from a personal point of view, who cares? Isn't it better to be a more integral part of a smaller club, and actually have a meaningful association with them? Southampton are probably in the top 20 in the country, but nevertheless they are still small enough that friends think of me when they see the Saints score, in the same way that I may think of my West Brom or Gillingham supporting mates. If I meet someone who supports a slightly lesser club, I am always interested to chat to them about their team. When I meet someone who says "I support Man U", I generally think "oh right, another one", and move on to some other topic.

Tottenham fans are particularly bad in this regard, probably because they are in a perpetual state of inferiority compared to other traditionally big clubs. It says a lot that their strategy seems to be mimicking a club that consistently finishes below them in the league. Talk about lack of ambition!

I thought the West Ham comparision would have this reaction. hook, line, and sinker :lol:

See how my point of Spurs fans 'Looking down' on us was proven 'See below and learn' and many other unfounded patronising insults

You're a low life, obviously have nothing better to do than coming on to this forum of a team you clearly dislike, frothing at the mouth with paragraphs of insults and biased facts I'm sure everyone already knew.

They might be part of the 'original big 5' if your are talking the last 10 years, but before that you were just another mediocre mid-table team in the late 90s and early 2000s, when we managed to finish above you 3 times before getting relegated. Which is why I've praised Levy's running of the club since then.

Also you say 'Big 5' but in reality it's 'Big 4'+ 1, You've qualified for CL a grand total of 1 times and that was with the help of Modric, Bale and Van der Vaart. Good luck getting anywhere near without players of that calibre

Edited by Saint IQ

Also alot of what you say I'm saying is not true? I said 99% in the internet, probably far less in the real world. I can also assure your comments 'from literally a few' spurs fans is not correct, I've seen 100s.

So I didn't stupidly tar a whole fan base, learn to read before insulting someone

I've always found the desire of fans to label their club a "big club" strange. Obviously it is relevant from an objective point of view regarding transfers etc, but from a personal point of view, who cares? Isn't it better to be a more integral part of a smaller club, and actually have a meaningful association with them? Southampton are probably in the top 20 in the country, but nevertheless they are still small enough that friends think of me when they see the Saints score, in the same way that I may think of my West Brom or Gillingham supporting mates. If I meet someone who supports a slightly lesser club, I am always interested to chat to them about their team. When I meet someone who says "I support Man U", I generally think "oh right, another one", and move on to some other topic.

Tottenham fans are particularly bad in this regard, probably because they are in a perpetual state of inferiority compared to other traditionally big clubs. It says a lot that their strategy seems to be mimicking a club that consistently finishes below them in the league. Talk about lack of ambition!

100% this.

Why do fans try to get one up by arguing who supports the bigger club, it's not like you personally had some sort of impact in the club you supports success.

If I'm chatting to someone I don't know about football and they say they support United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool that's normally the end of the conversation because they don't share the same experiences in football that we do supporting Saints. If someone says they support a lesser club though I could chat to them for hours.

We're not a ''big club'' (yet) and I'm just fine with that.