Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Where is that implied? One or two posters may have stated that at one point but just for the avoidance of any doubt anyone who actually says that and believes it is a total idiot. I shouldn't have to point out something so obvious but I'm doing a soggy and pointing it out anyway so I can feel superior.

You don't have to post anything in order to feel superior Hypo. ;)

Do you really think that when someone says "they" they actually mean every single Muslim? Does every post on here have to contain the caveat that not every Muslim is a terrorist at every opportunity? I think we've been over this point enough times on this very thread that it doesn't have to be repeated ad nauseum.

How much of this thread have you read? It would appear that some posters believe that we are at threat from Muslims full stop. Do you have anything to say about the Islamaphobes?

Even you can't be thick enough to think that anyone on this thread thinks or even suggests that all Muslims are terrorists. I know you love it, because it gives you the fish-in-a--barrel easy win for you to grandstand against an entirely fictional standpoint but for Allah's sake give it a flamin' rest.

So this is it. Here's your recognition. Have a fu cking medal. Not all Muslims are terrorists. Well done. Jolly well done. What insight. What a brave position to take against all of no one that thinks that on here. So brave.

You're so much more gooderer and superior to everyone else it's untrue.

I've let the PM know and he's sending a car round in the morning. Your groundbreaking insight is wasted on this football forum when there are far knottier geopolitical challenges for you take on. Get out there and change minds.

Got nothing to say about the Islamaphobes then Fry? Talking about fish in a barrel, do they come in your too difficult category? Nice to see you buddy post right after you. You make such a cute couple. Start digging out the people on here that deserve it and you might start gaining some respect instead of continuing your usual trolling behaviour.

Neither you nor your partner have taken any of the clear racists on here to task. Why is that? I see to remember you getting all shirty about me not naming names. Well I don't have to because they have outed themselves big time. But you seem to have a bigger problem with someone who says that all Muslims are not to be feared. For someone of your fearsome reputation that shows a particular lack of backbone. I can understand Hypo bottling it by the great CB Fry? Sheesh.

You clearly haven't read all posts on here hypo as that's clearly wants been implied.

Where? Seems to me you may be seeing implications that aren't there. Granted there have been a couple of obvious racists but they've already been dismissed earlier in the thread (no I'm not trawling through to find it- look for yourself if you like). The likes of sour mash may have posted provocatively but I don't believe that they've claimed that all Muslims are terrorists, simply that the proliferation of an Islamic culture in Europe has coincided with more terrorist attacks and may mean we are more at risk of this type of thing in the future. For the thousandth time that doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists or that it's some novel idea to defend moderate Muslims.

Soggy still fighting the good fight, pretending he gets sh*t for defending moderate Muslims.

So why bother responding every time I do dearie?

Hypo still avoiding the good fight and picking up on posts supporting moderates whilst letting the racist posts go unchallenged.

Interesting priorities you have Hypo.

Where? Seems to me you may be seeing implications that aren't there. Granted there have been a couple of obvious racists but they've already been dismissed earlier in the thread (no I'm not trawling through to find it- look for yourself if you like). The likes of sour mash may have posted provocatively but I don't believe that they've claimed that all Muslims are terrorists, simply that the proliferation of an Islamic culture in Europe has coincided with more terrorist attacks and may mean we are more at risk of this type of thing in the future. For the thousandth time that doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists or that it's some novel idea to defend moderate Muslims.

You really need to read this thread properly. Also what would be "novel" would be you attacking the racists.

So why bother responding every time I do dearie?

Hypo still avoiding the good fight and picking up on posts supporting moderates whilst letting the racist posts go unchallenged.

Interesting priorities you have Hypo.

Absolutely no one is picking on posts supporting moderates. I don't agree with you that racist posts have gone unchallenged. I challenged a few obvious racist posts earlier in this thread. No one on this thread though has posted such ill informed and stating the obvious rubbish as you have on here and that is also worthy of being challenged.

You really need to read this thread properly. Also what would be "novel" would be you attacking the racists.

I've read and comprehended this thread perfectly thanks. It is you that needs a bit of self awareness and an ability to understand what other people post. But yeah you're just being attacked for standing up for moderate Muslims whilst everyone else can post what they like. Sure thing.

I've read and comprehended this thread perfectly thanks. It is you that needs a bit of self awareness and an ability to understand what other people post. But yeah you're just being attacked for standing up for moderate Muslims whilst everyone else can post what they like. Sure thing.

The Human abilty to comprehend lanaguge - both the actual words people write or say and then that which they wish to imply "between the lines" as it were - is indeed key to all successful communication. With that in mind, I take it that you will have little trouble detecting the racist (or at least islamaphobic) intend behind post #2344 for example.

Todays offering

A Belgian security guard at a nuclear power station has been murdered and his access passes taken. This is connected to Islamic nutters.

Just another day in western europe

The devil is everywhere Jamie. Thank God we have you to report on it multiple times daily and save us from complacency

16888.jpg

Or you could just enjoy life and stop looking for gloom and despair when mostly people in this country have never been safer or more prosperous

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/26/charges-dropped-against-man-who-confronted-muslim-woman-croydon

I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt and hope that he tweeted something racist elsewhere, as they seem to have reacted based on his foolish behaviour towards a religious sect, rather than any discrimination towards one racial minority grouping.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/26/charges-dropped-against-man-who-confronted-muslim-woman-croydon

I'm going to give the police the benefit of the doubt and hope that he tweeted something racist elsewhere, as they seem to have reacted based on his foolish behaviour towards a religious sect, rather than any discrimination towards one racial minority grouping.

I'd suggest you have a read through this thread. Anyone there dares question Islam's impact on Western Europe is deemed a racist Nazi.

Todays offering

A Belgian security guard at a nuclear power station has been murdered and his access passes taken. This is connected to Islamic nutters.

"However, prosecutors insist that the murder is being handled as a criminal rather than a terrorism case and deny reports that his work pass was stolen, according to the Belga news agency."

"A source from G4S told The Telegraph: “He was killed at gunpoint at his home. All indications are that it has nothing to do with his work, from what we understand. There is no missing pass. All his uniform and his papers are accounted for. G4S are co-operating with the police investigation.""

The march was postponed so the Police could concentrate their resources on the investigation into the attacks. What's your point?
Its ironic that a "March against Fear" has to be postponed as they don't have the police resources to cover the security concerns. So much for a statement against fear.

The Human abilty to comprehend lanaguge - both the actual words people write or say and then that which they wish to imply "between the lines" as it were - is indeed key to all successful communication. With that in mind, I take it that you will have little trouble detecting the racist (or at least islamaphobic) intend behind post #2344 for example.

I'm not sure I agree with you there- certainly not the way you state it as a fact. As has already been stated, it is foolish to attribute the death to some anti Christian nutter before the motives are actually known. It's too premature to say that either way so in that sense it is an impulsive and ill advised post. I can't say it's racist or islamaphobic though, it is potentially another example of violence linked to Islam after all.

Todays offering

Thank goodness we have you here to remind us every day about the evil in the world Jaime. It is just a shame that you only find that evil amongst certain Muslims.

Absolutely no one is picking on posts supporting moderates. I don't agree with you that racist posts have gone unchallenged. I challenged a few obvious racist posts earlier in this thread. No one on this thread though has posted such ill informed and stating the obvious rubbish as you have on here and that is also worthy of being challenged.

Were there "obvious" racists post earlier on this thread? Your buddy didn't seem to think so as he asked me to name them, inferring that I was "making things up". You have still avoided the point that you spend more time and energy picking me and others up for supporting the moderates than you have attacking the racist posts, of which there have been plenty lately. Interesting set of priorities you have their mate.

Were there "obvious" racists post earlier on this thread? Your buddy didn't seem to think so as he asked me to name them, inferring that I was "making things up". You have still avoided the point that you spend more time and energy picking me and others up for supporting the moderates than you have attacking the racist posts, of which there have been plenty lately. Interesting set of priorities you have their mate.

Not sure why you are lumping me in with anyone else. No idea who my buddy is but I'm sure whoever it is can speak for themselves. I'll repeat it again because there may be a very slim chance that it will go in this time- no one has been "picked up" for supporting moderates. No one. I disagree there have been plenty of racist posts lately.

So then, if you have comprehended this thread perfectly well you will be aware of the overtly racist post that have been made recently and that you have not challenged or commented upon.

You also picked me up for supposed saying that all Muslims are not terrorists for the millionth time (or whatever number it was, cant be bothered to check but it was a lot).

If you comprehend every that has been said you seem to have failed in this particular case mate.

I will help you out.

The main body of the post I picked up was -

"They blow people up on a huge scale.

Women can't leave their homes without covering their heads.

Banning basic every day food and drink items."

Now if you comprehended what was being said, we have clearly moved on from saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

My reply was "I have seen some generalisations in my time but this takes the biscuit. "They" ??? All 1 billion of them???"

So I was challenging the inference that not only do "they" blow people up but that all Muslim women cant leave their homes without covering their heads etc. "All." They seemed to me to be huge generalisations, how about you? What do you think? Was I so wrong to pick up on what appeared to me to be a massive case of stereotyping? You seemed to think so. Was that worse than challenging a racist post? It seems in your world, then yes.

By the way, feel free to challenge the recent racist posts too! ;)

So then, if you have comprehended this thread perfectly well you will be aware of the overtly racist post that have been made recently and that you have not challenged or commented upon.

You also picked me up for supposed saying that all Muslims are not terrorists for the millionth time (or whatever number it was, cant be bothered to check but it was a lot).

If you comprehend every that has been said you seem to have failed in this particular case mate.

I will help you out.

The main body of the post I picked up was -

"They blow people up on a huge scale.

Banning basic every day food and drink items."

Now if you comprehended what was being said, we have clearly moved on from saying that all Muslims are terrorists.

My reply was "I have seen some generalisations in my time but this takes the biscuit. "They" ??? All 1 billion of them???"

So I was challenging the inference that not only do "they" blow people up but that all Muslim women cant leave their homes without covering their heads etc. "All." They seemed to me to be huge generalisations, how about you? What do you think? Was I so wrong to pick up on what appeared to me to be a massive case of stereotyping? You seemed to think so. Was that worse than challenging a racist post? It seems in your world, then yes.

By the way, feel free to challenge the recent racist posts too! ;)

Where was the word "all" in the post you quoted? No one used it. No one referred to all women in the post you quoted. Again you've read into it what you wanted. Until you know what "they" means in this context then you cannot call it a generalisation. I took it to mean extremist Muslims. You really aren't making any sense anymore and you're embarrassing yourself as usual.

Not sure why you are lumping me in with anyone else. No idea who my buddy is but I'm sure whoever it is can speak for themselves. I'll repeat it again because there may be a very slim chance that it will go in this time- no one has been "picked up" for supporting moderates. No one. I disagree there have been plenty of racist posts lately.

Because all so often one of your posts will follow one of CB Frys. I am sure you will remember that I picked you up on the same thing a while back to the extent that I thought you might be the same person.

You call me on not being self aware yet time and again you have felt the need to have a pop at me (and recently another poster) for posting in support of moderate Muslims. I am amazed that you have not picked up on the overtly racist posts here recently as other posters seem to have "comprehended" what is being said and have challenged the posts themselves. You seem to be very good at pulling up people for stating the obvious but really rubbish at picking up when people are being clearly Islamaphobic. A previous poster even gave you a post reference to help you out!

Where was the word "all" in the post you quoted? No one used it. No one referred to all women in the post you quoted. Again you've read into it what you wanted. Until you know what "they" means in this context then you cannot call it a generalisation. I took it to mean extremist Muslims. You really aren't making any sense anymore and you're embarrassing yourself as usual.

No mate, you are the one who is embarrassing himself. This is more important to you than challenging Islamaphobes. As I said before, you need to think about your priorities. You actually come across as quite a gutless individual. Man up. Pick proper targets eh?

ps. there was nothing stopping SM replying that he was only talking about extremists but I don't recall him replying at all.

Edited by sadoldgit

Because all so often one of your posts will follow one of CB Frys. I am sure you will remember that I picked you up on the same thing a while back to the extent that I thought you might be the same person.

You call me on not being self aware yet time and again you have felt the need to have a pop at me (and recently another poster) for posting in support of moderate Muslims. I am amazed that you have not picked up on the overtly racist posts here recently as other posters seem to have "comprehended" what is being said and have challenged the posts themselves. You seem to be very good at pulling up people for stating the obvious but really rubbish at picking up when people are being clearly Islamaphobic. A previous poster even gave you a post reference to help you out!

No one is having a pop at you for supporting moderate Muslims. Not sure how many times it has to be repeated. I've posted already regarding that post reference. I haven't seen any obvious racist posts lately, I have seen a few posts that you have jumped up and down about and wrongly jumped to conclusions (no change there.) keep trying to desperately prove that I'm a racist though and I'll keep highlighting your idiocy.

As SMs comment was in response to a post about the followers of Islam as a religion then the 'they' he refers to can only be referring to that group of people. Nowhere in his comment did he refer to extremists so I don't see why you would assume that's who he was referring to. No doubt SM will be along to clear all this up and confirm that he has no problems with Muslims living in the UK.

As SMs comment was in response to a post about the followers of Islam as a religion then the 'they' he refers to can only be referring to that group of people. Nowhere in his comment did he refer to extremists so I don't see why you would assume that's who he was referring to. No doubt SM will be along to clear all this up and confirm that he has no problems with Muslims living in the UK.

I'm sure sour mash will be along shortly to confirm that the they he was referring to was not every single Muslim. I would have thought that was obvious as I believe he has mentioned that before but I wouldn't want to speak on his behalf. I don't share all of his views and I find some of what he says to be extreme but I haven't seen any obvious racist comments as yet.

Ultimately Islam is an aggressive religion at odds with Western civilisation. I don't hold same extreme views as others but it is a problem for the west and those who want to deny this are naive.

How is Islam is an aggressive religion at odds with Western civilization

They blow people up on a huge scale.

Banning basic every day food and drink items.

The biggest religious building in one of UK's biggest cities is run and controlled by this. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35893123

Its a simple explanation as to how Islam is an aggressive religion.

Unless you think that Islam is currently the same as Hinduism, Sikhism, Christianity and Buddhism?

I'm sure sour mash will be along shortly to confirm that the they he was referring to was not every single Muslim. I would have thought that was obvious as I believe he has mentioned that before but I wouldn't want to speak on his behalf. I don't share all of his views and I find some of what he says to be extreme but I haven't seen any obvious racist comments as yet.

In what way do you find them to be extreme then?

I know you're not the brightest, but you do realise that Islam isn't a race? Its just a set of made up rules and beliefs that some people choose or are forced to follow. You can't be racist towards Islam anymore than you can be towards Christianity.

I've answered your last few questions, you answer mine.

No ... no, you haven't. The question was who are 'they'? You have failed to answer that but given that your comments were in respect of Islam and it is fair to say that a religion can't 'blow up people on a huge scale' then presumably you refer to the followers of Islam, who by definition are Muslims.

To answer your question ... maybe broaden your mind and realise that there are extremists/fundamentalists in all religions. Try reading this as an example:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/comparing-republican-christian-values-to-islamic-fundamentalism/

and a quick google of christian terrorism will also answer your question. Try it with the other religions too and see what you get.

No ... no, you haven't. The question was who are 'they'? You have failed to answer that but given that your comments were in respect of Islam and it is fair to say that a religion can't 'blow up people on a huge scale' then presumably you refer to the followers of Islam, who by definition are Muslims.

To answer your question ... maybe broaden your mind and realise that there are extremists/fundamentalists in all religions. Try reading this as an example:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/comparing-republican-christian-values-to-islamic-fundamentalism/

and a quick google of christian terrorism will also answer your question. Try it with the other religions too and see what you get.

So we've got the same problem with Hindu/Christian/Atheist/Buddhist terrorism as Islamic terrorism?

Utterly mental to be honest.

I don't think anyone on this thread has denied that there are not extremists in all world religions- you'd have to be fairly dumb not to know that. There does appear to be a particular problem with Islamic extremism though which I think was the point being made (rather than any implied racism that you and soggy want to jump on.)

I don't think anyone on this thread has denied that there are not extremists in all world religions- you'd have to be fairly dumb not to know that. There does appear to be a particular problem with Islamic extremism though which I think was the point being made (rather than any implied racism that you and soggy want to jump on.)

To be fair, it's not just Soggy and I. If you look back a few pages there are a good few rational posters on here that share the same view of SMs posts in particular but he's not alone. I'm surprised that you can't see it to be honest.

Sorry, I can't take anyone seriously that thinks we have the same problem with Buddhist terrorists as we do with Islamic terrorists :lol:

That wasn't the question and that wasn't the answer. But I can see how you only see what you want to see. Any answer to the question about who 'they' are yet by the way? No, thought not but I think it's quite clear what you meant.

That wasn't the question and that wasn't the answer. But I can see how you only see what you want to see. Any answer to the question about who 'they' are yet by the way? No, thought not but I think it's quite clear what you meant.
So you think there is more of a problem with Islamic terrorism than other religions?