3 oppostion players you've never forgiven

Turkish

I think you mean Darren Bent

Robert Fleck seemed a nice chap when he used to come and pick his daughter up from my house as she was a friend of my daughter mind you that was sometime in the last century.

The only player I recall I got upset with was David Burnside who left us for Crystal Palace who knocked us out of the FA cup at the Dell dont remember what he did

Didnt like Beattie much either when he scored in the Darren Bent game

Lol, Darren Bent... :mcinnes:

Kieron Dyer would be up there for me, after he threatened to sue El Khalej and Southampton FC for his injury.

Scott Gemmill (2) and Kingsley Black will always be names etched in my memory after their goals defeated us in the ZDS Cup Final. For some reason that is a more painful memory than Robert Pires.

Think that was Craig Johnston / Shilton sandwich

Yeah well I don't like him, then neither, I don't like anyone who breaks Saints players legs in FA cup semi finals, especially one of our best players. I'm just funny like that :-)

Someone else wondered why Heath still lingers in the mind- its because of the occasion and the expectation level. We were at our peak of our powers. It was our time. It was our time after all the years of crawling to enjoy some glory. And he scored at the death like that. I and every saints fan has seen us lose loads of times. To teams far worse than a good Everton team. But those opportunities do not come up often- everyone going to Cardiff knew we were unlikely to win for instance v Arsenal - but this was different. We had our chance, dashed.

Oh, and Pilchards what's that BS about if you were old enough you would have been on the pitch as well ;-).

Have to agree that Adrian Heath was the architect of my worst moment in football but also agree he was just "doing his job". Having said that, it was a pathetic little header that bobbled on to and off of his head to creep over the line. Not much skill involved.

Also agree Billy Davies deserves an honourable mention for his disgraceful tactics in the play off semi-final. His team were clearly instructed to give away as many free kicks as they liked as long as they were 40 yards+ from their goal. Bale was literally kicked off the park. It was the worst hatchet job I have ever seen in my life. And then, of course, he went on to justify it all under the banner of "professionalism". Odious little man.

Have to agree that Adrian Heath was the architect of my worst moment in football but also agree he was just "doing his job". Having said that, it was a pathetic little header that bobbled on to and off of his head to creep over the line. Not much skill involved.

But we must also bear in mind that the lino who gave a throw in to Everton at the start of the move which led to the Everton goal

We were sat right near the touchline and it was our throw

AND the poxy Arsenal groundsman who should have prepared the surface better so not to have allowed the ball to hit a divot and bounce up so kindly for 'Inchy' Heath to nod in

I firmly believe we would have won the cup that year

But we must also bear in mind that the lino who gave a throw in to Everton at the start of the move which led to the Everton goal

We were sat right near the touchline and it was our throw

AND the poxy Arsenal groundsman who should have prepared the surface better so not to have allowed the ball to hit a divot and bounce up so kindly for 'Inchy' Heath to nod in

I firmly believe we would have won the cup that year

It never came from a throw, but a dubious hand ball / Free kick??

Cut and pasted from an interview with John Bailey

I loved Peter Osgood (Chelsea) centre forward, When he played for Southampton I had my troubles with him whilst I was at Blackburn, him along with Steve Williams. When I used to go down to the Dell their fans never forgot me as I had all sorts of things thrown at me. I used to hate going down there.

I remember in a game Vs Everton, when he was a substitute, he came out of the tunnel scratching his ear and getting dogs abuse.

Then he took his hand away, looked at "us" and revealed cotton wool in both ears.

Life's too short. I used to really hate Nick Barmby for no particular reason though. Isn't it nice that we barely have any players from the past decade?

How about El Abd of Brighton for getting Lambert sent off at their new ground? Or Calderon, for being a dirty hoofball into the channels merchant in a team their manager had the front to claim played nice football whilst comparing us to Dagenham.

Not a single Skate getting a mention so far, is there? We really should just forget about them altogether.

Not a single Skate getting a mention so far, is there? We really should just forget about them altogether.

Think someone mentioned Norris!

John Bailey, so much he was the only player I never stuck in my78' Panini book! He was flushed straight down the toilet!

Never liked "Pancho Pearson" or Gordon Hill.

Think someone mentioned Norris!

John Bailey, so much he was the only player I never stuck in my78' Panini book! He was flushed straight down the toilet!

Never liked "Pancho Pearson" or Gordon Hill.

Fair point there was "David Norris, nuff said". Well, no not really, ok it stops us bleating on about who won the last match between the two clubs but knowing we'd win anything at any point since takes the edge off that, not to mention that they still went down and we still went up. Nugent got a mention too, but he didn't even play for them against us. They just get bog-standard YSB chants if they play us.

Of course the fact no-one could pick any of their players in the past 5 years out of a line up makes it difficult to particularly dislike any of them - and some of them have been so bad I actively liked them.

Joe Devera for instance at centre back was so bad he singlehandedly kept them in League 2 for a couple of seasons with his 50p-head clearances, whilst Miles Storey since he left has taken his stupid-boots and socks combo Ronaldo-very-lite stepover game with no end product to Newport where he was actually ok, and now plays for Northampton who are walking the League Portsmouth think they have a right to win. But I still wouldn't know them if I saw them in the street.

Adrian Heath is a given.

I'm throwing Andy Ritchie in for his late late equaliser for Oldham that sent the cup match we were playing to a replay at Oldham's plastic pitch. Although I probably should note that it was Roger Milford who caused this dislike by adding a massive amount of seemingly unnecessary additional time for them to score. Still makes me angry thinking about it!

Adrian Heath

Paul Davis

The full Billy Davis Derby team

Honourable mention to Milford. 8 minutes of stoppage time, with no stoppages or injuries in the regular 90. Unheard of before or since.