Bournemouth 1-3 Saints - Reaction

doddisalegend

MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)  

407 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • van Dijk
    • Yoshida
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Højbjerg
    • Redmond
    • Boufal
    • Rodriguez
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long

There is definitely a premium on players who don't make it at top clubs. no other explanation to spunk £15m on unproven player that the club didn't think up to it.

Although i thought not a bad buy at time based on a couple of exciting tv appearances. And £15m is the old £5m i guess

Having watched the utterly dire so-called football match between Everton and Liverpool last night in one of the most ugly displays of brutal physical football I have ever seen I am rather proud of our Saints this morning and beginning to think that we are really rather good. On Sunday's and last night's performances we would have thrashed either of these pathetic excuses for PL football teams. Draw we hope even now we could gate crash the top six, surely it cannot be impossible. Maybe our secret weapon is squad fitness and freshness, even Arsenal looked knackered against Man C and that could be quite telling in the second half of the season. How long before Puel's tactics are copied by others one wonders but we have half a season start. This might turn out to be a rather special season.

I don't blame Liverpool for this abject display, Koeman's charges were simply awful out to stop Liverpool playing at any price using every trick and dirty tactic in the book. For that tackle alone Barkley should have been jailed. Thank goodness they were not fit enough to practice their butchery for two halves and justice was amply served by the late, late winner.

Are you the same Charlie Wayman who posted this:

Must have been at the gin bottle last night if you believe 1/10th of what you have written.

Sadly apologists like you ensure we will remain locked into this downward spirral which has only one logical outcome if you care to think clearly and remove your pink-tinged specs.

11 days ago?

:lol:

Three of the six Sky candidates for goal of the week were from our game. The rest of the Prem must have been really boring last weekend

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10702611/watch-and-vote-for-your-favourite-premier-league-goal-of-the-week

Strangely JRod's first isn't included. We scored 3 superb goals, all three should be there. It's hard to choose the best of our three. I probably would have them in this order: JRod's first (great team goal), JRod's second (lucky bounce, brilliant finish), and Ryan's (great individual effort).

Ryan's great individual effort was actually a superb team move if you watch the complete build up. Bertrand was involved at the start when he had the ball deep in the corner of our half. We played it from there up to the middle then to the right, back across to the left and that's where RB took over and did the rest. It was actually a superb move even though obviously he still had a lot to do when he received the ball on the left.

Strangely JRod's first isn't included. We scored 3 superb goals, all three should be there. It's hard to choose the best of our three. I probably would have them in this order: JRod's first (great team goal), JRod's second (lucky bounce, brilliant finish), and Ryan's (great individual effort).

I'd rate them in reverse, mainly because the great team goal ended up with a scrambled one yard tap in, even though there was a nice backheel and a dinked cross before that. Bertrand's was an excellent run past multiple players from nothing and a finish right in the corner. Rodriguez's third was a great strike on the turn, but those kind of things can go anywhere - though of course that's part of the appeal. They're all on the very side of good though, but much of a muchness overall. Why Ake's header is in there, God knows.