Bournemouth 1-3 Saints - Reaction

doddisalegend

MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)  

407 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Bournemouth (Away 2016/17)

• Forster
    • Bertrand
    • Soares
    • van Dijk
    • Yoshida
    • Clasie
    • Reed
    • Højbjerg
    • Redmond
    • Boufal
    • Rodriguez
    • Davis
    • Tadic
    • Long

Deserved win, 3rd goal was very welcome because you could feel there was a little bit of worry around and at one point we were getting a bit deep.

Hojberg very lucky not be pulled off at half time but looked a different player second half, he should do that more carrying the ball forward, running at people etc. We still need more midfield runners into the box, Davis showed what can happen but doesn't happen enough, second half Bertrand puts a good cross into the back post where Hojberg should have been running in for a close range header, he had a good shot but they need to be making those runs more.

Back 4 were excellent the quality difference between our fullbacks and theirs was stark IMO, thought Clasie was good and stepped into the holding role well. Harsh on Reed to come off but that first half midfield was too defensive. Boufal was good in sports, but if he keeps creating openings he's worth his place in the team. No diving though please, I think that silly yellow cost him his 90 mins because I thought Redmond was the least effective attacker we had, massively fluffed his chance didn't seem to beat anyone or put a cross in. Reckon Puel was worried Boufal would get sent off as he was still diving into to challenges. Also I hope Boufal's reaction to his subbing was more about annoyance with himself but looked like he calmed down at the end and was all smiles.

Finally delighted for Jay Rod, the first goal it was good to see him still busting a gut to get in there as he'd missed two like that in the last two games and in the first half there was a pull back that he didn't really react to so was worried his confidence was really low. And then what a strike for the 3rd goal, but his all round play was excellent, running the channels, holding it up, winning headers and showed good pace on occasions. Let's hope he stays fit because he's finally starting to look fit and strong and with those goals the confidence will start showing.

Never fails to make me laugh

Always great to come from behind to win away from home, especially with JRod getting the deserved reward for his improved performances over the past couple of weeks. Davis put in a better performance than I've seen from him in two years, and if he played like that week in week out, I'd be happy to see his name on the team sheet. Oh, and a special mention for PEH, who was utterly abject in the first half and a powerhouse in the second - impressive to have the character and ability to turn it around like that.

Great rotation by Puel.

Great tactical change by Puel. Reed had played better than Hojberg(coukd equally have taken off clasie) but we needed more running from midfield and having Davis and hojberg on helped with that. Hojberg running with ball and harrying when without was much better than the first 30 minutes where he kept getting caught in possession and playing silly short passes.

Jrod good first half, excellent 2nd half. Wonderfful finish for the 2nd and being in the right place to make sure on the first.

Davis was my MOM, he was amazing 2nd half, Great passing, incisive running, vital tackling and tactical fouling.

Defence looked good and solid with exception of a couple of their set pieces.

Really good to win this derby(even if it isn't our main derby) especially after we didn't turn up against them last season at theirs.

Good summary. I was surprised Puel took Reed off, given how poor Hoj was for the first half hour - but the introduction of Davis; the all round display of Clasie and the complete turnaround in Hojbjerg's game meant our midfield dominated a tiring Bournmouth. Back four all good and there were some magical moments by Boufal; his subbing was a shock, even allowing for the yellow card - Tadic still looks a little off the pace. What a feel good match for J-Rod - that second goal was a marvellous thing. Really good display and great to watch - the first half had a bit of a Derby look about it but the second half was more of a clinic.

We were incredible in that second half. Kudos to Puel for the Davis sub, he was fantastic and the midfield looked a lot better with him there, Hojberg was a completely different player in that second half.

Even without the goals Jay Rod was having a good game, making smart runs and just being a pain for the Bournemouth back line while linking up well with the wide men. MOTM.

Always great to come from behind to win away from home, especially with JRod getting the deserved reward for his improved performances over the past couple of weeks. Davis put in a better performance than I've seen from him in two years, and if he played like that week in week out, I'd be happy to see his name on the team sheet. Oh, and a special mention for PEH, who was utterly abject in the first half and a powerhouse in the second - impressive to have the character and ability to turn it around like that.

I've not even drunk anything... this is another one :lol:

Best performance of the season in my opinion. We didn't really deal with Bournemouth at the start, they came at us as we should have known they would. Hojbjerg took time to settle into that game....but once he did settle, he ran the show. I think he's the sort of player who'd benefit from a run, doesn't seem to react well being rotated in and out in my opinion.

It was a great goal from Bertrand who seemed pumped up all game, not sure what the fans were saying to him...but he had a few messages for them! What I loved about the display today is how we used the full backs, that's exactly how we need to play. Stretch the pitch, get Redmond/Bouful to pull the CB's out of position and then feed the untracked full back. Worked like a charm, should have scored from one of those attempts really.

I think he'll be everyone's MOTM, no debate - Jay. In the game against Boro at home he worked his f*cking arse off, it just wasn't happening in the final third. But in the 2nd half particularly today, that was the old-jay. Running the flanks, pulling the CB's with him, knocking the ball past defenders and beating them for pace/strength. That goal was quality, but it's the least he deserves really. He's another player who needs a run of games and he's benefiting from this at the moment.

As per most games, we're not really troubled at the back and that was the same again today. Yoshida continues to be dependable and Virgil is just Virgil. Up to 7th, well positioned, and 2 home games coming up. Going by some of the garbage posted on here pre-match you'd think we were down there with Swansea. But no, we're 12 pts better off than them.

That really was the astonishing thing about the game for me; the absolute turnaround of Hojbjerg - from dismal to one of our best. It was a great showing from Davo - as he gets older the sub role might be increasingly his thing and he can bring great energy and skill from the bench.

Excellent performance today especially in the 2nd half.

Davis did superbly but JRod has to be MOTM, thought he looked lost (if isolated) first half but you could see the confidence flooding back as soon as he scored the first, all culminating in that brilliant 2nd. Well done fella, keep it up!

Some of our posters should hang their heads in shame, the way they throw the towel in so early and easily, fücking pussies!!

Saints were brilliant today, this will be the catalyst for our revival!

They've scuttled off somewhere

I'm looking forward to us having a revival from 7th :D

You just keep moaning about posters and I'll stick to the football eh ?

Just lame babies like you. Keep wheeling out your 'glad to be proven wrong' but you learn fck all and if you were smarter you would be embarrassed about showing yourself up. Yeah stick to football pal

They've scuttled off somewhere

I'm looking forward to us having a revival from 7th :D

Breathtaking arrogance. We still need 16 points from 21 games to avoid the relegation bunfight. Looking over our shoulders as we sleepwalk towards relegation.

Edit: sorry logged on with wrong account

Deserved win, 3rd goal was very welcome because you could feel there was a little bit of worry around and at one point we were getting a bit deep.

Hojberg very lucky not be pulled off at half time but looked a different player second half, he should do that more carrying the ball forward, running at people etc. We still need more midfield runners into the box, Davis showed what can happen but doesn't happen enough, second half Bertrand puts a good cross into the back post where Hojberg should have been running in for a close range header, he had a good shot but they need to be making those runs more.

Back 4 were excellent the quality difference between our fullbacks and theirs was stark IMO, thought Clasie was good and stepped into the holding role well. Harsh on Reed to come off but that first half midfield was too defensive. Boufal was good in sports, but if he keeps creating openings he's worth his place in the team. No diving though please, I think that silly yellow cost him his 90 mins because I thought Redmond was the least effective attacker we had, massively fluffed his chance didn't seem to beat anyone or put a cross in. Reckon Puel was worried Boufal would get sent off as he was still diving into to challenges. Also I hope Boufal's reaction to his subbing was more about annoyance with himself but looked like he calmed down at the end and was all smiles.

Finally delighted for Jay Rod, the first goal it was good to see him still busting a gut to get in there as he'd missed two like that in the last two games and in the first half there was a pull back that he didn't really react to so was worried his confidence was really low. And then what a strike for the 3rd goal, but his all round play was excellent, running the channels, holding it up, winning headers and showed good pace on occasions. Let's hope he stays fit because he's finally starting to look fit and strong and with those goals the confidence will start showing.

On a side note, I thought Wilshere looked a class above for them, very clever player and most of the good stuff they did came through him.

S******...

but seriously, great away performance against a decent hard working team with a decent home record.

Be nice to get two league wins in a row...

Just lame babies like you. Keep wheeling out your 'glad to be proven wrong' but you learn fck all and if you were smarter you would be embarrassed about showing yourself up. Yeah stick to football pal

You mean people who have a different opinion to what you do ? All you and Alwayssfc or whatever her name is do is spend most of your time moaning about other poster's rather than commenting on the football !

Thierry said 'we' then changed it to 'they'. I wonder if the club listened to my suggestion of getting him in as a striking coach... Top result, Davis fantastic, and great to see Jay Rod get that confidence flooding back. Happy Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean people who have a different opinion to what you do ? You and Alwayssfc or whatever her name is do is spend most of your time moaning about other poster's rather than commenting on the football !

Do a check on my posts sunshine. Again the defence of you embarrassing mugs when you get pulled up on your posting. Wah wah wah. Cnts like you spoil the place IMO.

Ever think it annoys true fans?

You mean people who have a different opinion to what you do ? All you and Alwayssfc or whatever her name is do is spend most of your time moaning about other poster's rather than commenting on the football !

Just ignore them mate

Mods are taking care of these types of posters > http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57612-Drawing-a-Line#.WFaxSIHfWaM

Calm down dear and appreciate the excellent performance from all and acknowledge the correct tactics from Claude

Things have never been as bad as claimed on here but we all acknowledge we can improve too..... Be happy

Only caught the 2nd half . Watching in Malaysia atm .

We look soo much better when we don't play Puels natural negative game . Everybody looked up for it other than Redmond who was poor as usual . Stoked for Jrod , second goal was fantastic.

Hopefully we play positively in our future games rather than Puels preferred style . We can do it when we are allowed to .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Do a check on my posts sunshine. Again the defence of you embarrassing mugs when you get pulled up on your posting. Wah wah wah. Cnts like you spoil the place IMO.

Ever think it annoys true fans?

I don't give a **** who it annoys I pays me dough so am entitled to my opinion and if it winds you up even better , and I think you'll find if you check my post's whenever I am wrong I pull myself up on it I don't need misfits like you to do it for me :spaz:

Just ignore them mate

Mods are taking care of these types of posters > http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57612-Drawing-a-Line#.WFaxSIHfWaM

If you have a read of some of the comments in the first few minutes, and again when Reed was taken off for Davis, it is truly embarrassing. We are 7th in the Premier League with two home games to go before the halfway mark and in the semi final of the League Cup. To be as negative as some on here are can only mean that they are closet Pompey fans, or really have lost all sense of proportion. We were playing League on football losing to Rochdale not long ago.

Only caught the 2nd half . Watching in Malaysia atm .

We look soo much better when we don't play Puels natural negative game . Everybody looked up for it other than Redmond who was poor as usual . Stoked for Jrod , second goal was fantastic.

Hopefully we play positively in our future games rather than Puels preferred style . We can do it when we are allowed to .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thought redmond had one of his better games today

Great win and I have to say what was better was seeing the return of Jay to something like his old self. Nobody deserves it more than him. Davis however was my motm as everything changed when he came on. Without his desire it would have been different. Hopefully this now means our goal baron period is over.

A great result and well done the lads and Puel. As was expected beforehand, Bournemouth's open attacking style of play might well suit us and so it proved. When they scored so early on, I thought it might be one of those matches where the team could either lose by two or three, or fight back and get something out of it, and happily the team spirit was immense and having gained the equaliser we were determined to press for the win. In the first half, the midfield was outmuscled with Hojbjerg being guilty of misplaced passes and losing the ball too easily. Great to see Reed getting match time, but he also looked off the pace and tactically Puel's pivotal decision to bring on Davis tipped the midfield balance in our favour.

Bertrand was really effective up the left flank and was my MOTM, just ahead of Davis and Rodriguez. I'm delighted for J Rod getting a brace, his confidence from the simple tap-in boosted enough to try something spectacular for his second. He looked as if he had gained an extra yard of pace from the start and if he and Long can hit a vein of form together, we could be OK for goals, as there are other players in the team capable of contributing goals too.

The team has earned their short pre-Christmas break and should come back with their confidence high and hungry to beat Spurs, which if they play like they did in the second half today, they are well capable of achieving it.

If J-Rod keeps this up, it could be huge. I loved the desire he showed for his first goal. You would need to have a heart of stone not to feel happy for him after his troubles these last two years. I thought that all 3 goals were fantastic today. Davis sub was huge. Boufal got a good talking to from Puel on the bench after his strop. Saints looked great in the 2nd. 7 points from a possible 9, get in there!!

So pleased for Jay. Great character to keep his chin up. That was Rodriguez of 2013-14, he's proved he has his strength, fitness and positional play to have a decent season.

That was the ultimate away performance. Bossed them and made them look completely ordinary.

Davis motm for me, his introduction changed the game and we looked so much more threatening going forward.

Really pleased for Jay though, not just his goals but his all round performance was excellent, just hope it's the start of something rather than a flash in the pan.

Hoj improved hugely in the second half, and Clasie imo has been really good recently, starting to become an important fixture in the midfield.

Well done Saints and hats off to Puel!