Defensive midfielder

Nordic Saint

Hoj is the Davis replacement, they are so similar, both good at moving the ball in attack and linking up midfield and attack, both suspect defensively in the holding role, neither can shoot for ****.

We need a second good holding/defensive midfielder in the squad even if we don't play with two in most games we have no cover if/when Romeu is injured/suspended.

Add to that our current midfield ( Romeu aside) seem to get very easily bullied off the ball this season there is just no presence in midfield at all.

Personally, I see Hoj as the Morgan replacement we never got in Clasie. He's still very young, he'll improve.

Don't think he's good enough going forward to play in that no10 role.

Personally, I see Hoj as the Morgan replacement we never got in Clasie. He's still very young, he'll improve.

Don't think he's good enough going forward to play in that no10 role.

This is my hope.

It is pretty baffling that we haven't given the Hojbjerg/Romeu tandem more trialling. If they start working well together than our business in the summer could focus on getting that attack-minded midfielder, otherwise we're going to be trying to improve both positions, and depending on who we get for one might determine who we need for the other. Can see us ending up with more players who aren't quite good enough with Steven Davis as our best option again. At least verlaine will be happy.

Hoj, like most players, needs a bit of belief in him and game time. THis is something Puel seems to struggle with with almost all our squad as a philosophy. Still, nice 'possibilities'

We have such an unbalanced mishmash of midfielders, of which only one can adequately perform a defensive brief, and not a single one can fulfill a creative role.

The "Black Box" (or the latest version of FM) really does have an unhealthy fetish for slow, lightweight midfielders who only pass sideways and backwards.

Aside from Romeu, I don't think any of our midfielders would be much of a loss if they were moved on.

Hoj, like most players, needs a bit of belief in him and game time. THis is something Puel seems to struggle with with almost all our squad as a philosophy. Still, nice 'possibilities'

Yeah, because Stephens & JWP have really struggled under Puels philosophy. PEH performances haven't been good enough, had they been, he'd have got the game time, like the other 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we're going for another CM, I feel someone who can cover ground would be best for us; particularly if they can make late runs into the box. Haven't got anyone in the team really who can carry the ball to give us dynamism in midfield.

Hojbjerg and Romeu together doesn't solve the blatant problem we have in this area: we don't have anyone who is quick or agile enough to cover lots of ground.

That it what we are crying out for. We are so easy to counter attack partly for this season. Romeu has been brilliant but his weakness is agility, ditto Clasie, ditto JWP and Davis isnt a presence in the holding position.

Hojbjerg is a good player but his best attributes don't cover what is currently needed.

Shame we chose Clasie over Idrissa Gueye looking back. He is basically the type we need IMO.

Hojbjerg and Romeu together doesn't solve the blatant problem we have in this area: we don't have anyone who is quick or agile enough to cover lots of ground.

That it what we are crying out for. We are so easy to counter attack partly for this season. Romeu has been brilliant but his weakness is agility, ditto Clasie, ditto JWP and Davis isnt a presence in the holding position.

Hojbjerg is a good player but his best attributes don't cover what is currently needed.

Shame we chose Clasie over Idrissa Gueye looking back. He is basically the type we need IMO.

We overlooked Kante for Clasie....