Is the Premier League too rich for us?

Lallana's Left Peg

I was somewhat of a lone voice that thought the European super league was good idea. 

Let those uber rich clubs that are the playthings of sheiks, oligarchs, drug dealers and arms dealers all play amongst themselves and leave the rest of us to compete in the real world.

The finances would all rebalance. Sure, Lyanco and the likes may not get £50k a week, but would that a bad thing ....?

3 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

I was somewhat of a lone voice that thought the European super league was good idea. 

Let those uber rich clubs that are the playthings of sheiks, oligarchs, drug dealers and arms dealers all play amongst themselves and leave the rest of us to compete in the real world.

The finances would all rebalance. Sure, Lyanco and the likes may not get £50k a week, but would that a bad thing ....?

But the Euro super league would not be a case of them leaving our league. They want their cake and eat it, as they still want the PL riches. My understanding is that they would play in both and want the PL reduced in size

1 minute ago, OldNick said:

But the Euro super league would not be a case of them leaving our league. They want their cake and eat it, as they still want the PL riches. My understanding is that they would play in both and want the PL reduced in size

I thought they wanted off, completely. 

Yes, can't have cake and eat it. 

PSG vs Real et al week in week out would get tiresome in the end, and I think it would all head to WWF and 'Drive to Survive' territory. But that would be their problem.

Saints and the likes would retain a grassroots atmosphere and appeal more to core football fans.