Random Adam Lallana Chat

Nemi

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yes you're right, it is a stupid argument you've started and with every post you make it look even more ridiculous. Congratulations.

I said Lallana would improve Southampton. Since then you and the other bloke have been getting all worked up about it with strawman arguments.

Not sure I ever asked you two to get so upset about a hypothetical opinion, but I guess it doesn’t take much to trigger the anti-snowflake warrior.

Edited by Nemi
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nemi said:

I said Lallana would improve Southampton. Since then you and the other bloke have been getting all worked up about it with strawman arguments.

Not sure I ever asked you two to get so upset about a hypothetical opinion, but I guess it doesn’t take much to trigger the anti-snowflake warrior.

Im not the one getting all upset and comparing Lallana to Kante :lol:

21 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Im not the one getting all upset and comparing Lallana to Kante :lol:

I said I thought Lallana would improve Southampton because he was good at retaining the ball and no-one else in the squad is. I never said he would be great because of all the goals and assists. 

Why you ever thought goals and assists was relevant to what I’m saying I don’t know but clearly you got worked up enough to start a strawman argument with me.

Edited by Nemi

5 minutes ago, Nemi said:

I said I thought Lallana would improve Southampton because he was good at retaining the ball and no-one else in the squad is. I never said he would be great because of all the goals and assists. 

Why you ever thought goals and assists was relevant to what I’m saying I don’t know but clearly you got worked up enough to start a strawman argument with me.

Out of interest who would you leave out for Lallana if we had signed him?

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It's all moot anyway.

The club would have made Ralph aware of the circumstances of Nivea's departure and the general breakdown with the fans and I don't believe we were ever in for him.

It all smacked of the usual agent bollocks.

And/or media putting 2+2 together because he's an ex player of ours.

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No idea. Depends on the circumstances, the opposition - he wouldn’t start every game, but at the very least he would of been v useful to bring on when we’re trying to hold a lead. Better ball retention, more experience could of earned us a win maybe in just 25 per cent of those games we threw away an advantage, but that would still add up to a lot of extra points.

I couldn’t care a less if it’s Lallana or not though - he just happened to be the example - a player similar to him improves us and gives us something different. We all complain about how one dimensional we are but then stick our noses up at those who can offer us something different.

Edited by Nemi

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Personally, I’d say he’s better than Redmond, Djenepo & Walcott but we wouldn’t have to leave anyone out because he’s never fit. 

No idea. Depends on the circumstances, the opposition - he wouldn’t start every game, but at the very least he would of been v useful to bring on when we’re trying to hold a lead. Better ball retention, more experience could of earned us a win maybe in just 25 per cent of those games we threw away an advantage, but that would still add up to a lot of extra points.

I couldn’t care a less if it’s Lallana or not though - he just happened to be the example - a player similar to him improves us and gives us something different. We all complain about how one dimensional we are but then stick our noses up at those who can offer us something different.

I really don’t think you understand the type of player Lallana is. 

10 minutes ago, Nemi said:

So you think he'd improve us, but you dont know where you'd play him or where he'd improve us and you've quoted a stats comparison with Ngolo Kante to back up your opinion. Have you ever seen Lallana play?

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

Personally, I’d say he’s better than Redmond, Djenepo & Walcott but we wouldn’t have to leave anyone out because he’s never fit. 

So like me you'd play him as an attacking midfielder, so kind of in the right position as to where he's played most of his career. So kinds of makes our friends comparisons with other midfielders futher up the thread completely pointless

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So like me you'd play him as an attacking midfielder, so kind of in the right position as to where he's played most of his career. So kinds of makes our friends comparisons with other midfielders futher up the thread completely pointless

Reminds of the bloke recommending Redmond slots into the number 6 role. All players can run and kick the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, Turkish said:

So you think he'd improve us, but you dont know where you'd play him or where he'd improve us and you've quoted a stats comparison with Ngolo Kante to back up your opinion. Have you ever seen Lallana play?

Let’s go through what you have said:

You said I don’t know where he would play.

No I said it would depend on the circumstances - it is not binary, I wouldn’t play him the same way every week in place of the same player.

You said I don’t know how he would improve us.

19 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Hopefully by putting it into bold you can now read. Do you need me to bold all the other posts I’ve said the same thing?

I mentioned N’golo Kante because, as I mentioned, for some reason you keep bringing up goals contributions, which had nothing to do with anything I had mentioned. So sarcastically, I asked is N’golo Kante good enough to fulfill your hefty criteria? Unfortunately that went straight over your head, but if I directly compare him and Lallana I’m sure you could quote that to show me?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SKD said:

I really don’t think you understand the type of player Lallana is. 

He has been playing at CM for Brighton. Look at their line-ups. He even made 30 appearances. You can look at the stats. So already you’ve been making points on assumption.

I fear you are the one who is thinking about the Lallana that played for Southampton not for Brighton now. Have you watched Brighton? These are his strengths now.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381232-Adam-Lallana/page21&highlight=Adam+Lallana

Here, you can even see for yourself many Brighton fans passing his experience and calmness on the ball.

30 minutes ago, Nemi said:

He has been playing at CM for Brighton. Look at their line-ups. He even made 30 appearances. You can look at the stats. So already you’ve been making points on assumption.

I fear you are the one who is thinking about the Lallana that played for Southampton not for Brighton now. Have you watched Brighton? These are his strengths now.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?381232-Adam-Lallana/page21&highlight=Adam+Lallana

Here, you can even see for yourself many Brighton fans passing his experience and calmness on the ball.

4 comments in.... 😂😂😂

Doing OK, but no more than that given his salary and signing on fee. He needs to contribute more goal wise (either scoring or by assist). Hopefully there is far more to come. 1 goal and one assist with shooting and crossing accuracy both of 17 per cent are not that impressive stats”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

4 comments in.... 😂😂😂

Doing OK, but no more than that given his salary and signing on fee. He needs to contribute more goal wise (either scoring or by assist). Hopefully there is far more to come. 1 goal and one assist with shooting and crossing accuracy both of 17 per cent are not that impressive stats”

Opps, bit of an own goal from Nemi 😂Minnesota United Soccer GIF by Univision Deportes

56 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Let’s go through what you have said:

You said I don’t know where he would play.

No I said it would depend on the circumstances - it is not binary, I wouldn’t play him the same way every week in place of the same player.

You said I don’t know how he would improve us.

Hopefully by putting it into bold you can now read. Do you need me to bold all the other posts I’ve said the same thing?

I mentioned N’golo Kante because, as I mentioned, for some reason you keep bringing up goals contributions, which had nothing to do with anything I had mentioned. So sarcastically, I asked is N’golo Kante good enough to fulfill your hefty criteria? Unfortunately that went straight over your head, but if I directly compare him and Lallana I’m sure you could quote that to show me?

This is an interesting article about what he would offer them What Adam Lallana Offers Brighton (90min.com)

"He may be entering the twilight of his career but Lallana can offer something of a goal threat and creativity to a Brighton side with a blunt attack."

Surprisingly no mention of being able to keep the ball to run the clock down. 

16 minutes ago, SKD said:

4 comments in.... 😂😂😂

But wait you’re the one saying he should be playing at CAM? I’m not? You’re literally creating an argument against yourself ffs. Every post I said I wouldn’t play him for his goals and assists, while your harping on about playing him number 10. You should be asking why you’d want him at CAM in that case? I said I would want him for his ball retention, what do all the other comments say, oh yes they praise good ball retention. So you’ve just made yourself look an idiot more than anything, and proven the point I’m trying to hammer home - you wouldn’t have him for goals and assist playing at CAM like you’ve been trying to say, you’d have him for ball retention.

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This is an interesting article about what he would offer them What Adam Lallana Offers Brighton (90min.com)

"He may be entering the twilight of his career but Lallana can offer something of a goal threat and creativity to a Brighton side with a blunt attack."

Surprisingly no mention of being able to keep the ball to run the clock down. 

But you’re also citing an argument that calls him a goal-threat and creative as concrete evidence, but also trying to argue with me he doesn’t score or assists enough? So which one is it?

Or have you scored a bit of an own goal here?

1 minute ago, Nemi said:

But you’re also citing an argument that calls him a goal-threat and creative as concrete evidence, but also trying to argue with me he doesn’t score or assists enough? So which one is it?

Or have you scored a bit of an own goal here?

No i said we shouldn't have signed him. Which given he appears to be signed as a creative goal threat and he's only started 16 games scoring one goal he isn't then it kind of backs me up. Unlike you trying to make out we should have paid him £100k a week, out of position because we can bring him on sometimes to run the clock down.

But wait you’re the one saying he should be playing at CAM? I’m not? You’re literally creating an argument against yourself ffs. Every post I said I wouldn’t play him for his goals and assists, while your harping on about playing him number 10. You should be asking why you’d want him at CAM in that case? I said I would want him for his ball retention, what do all the other comments say, oh yes they praise good ball retention. So you’ve just made yourself look an idiot more than anything, and proven the point I’m trying to hammer home - you wouldn’t have him for goals and assist playing at CAM like you’ve been trying to say, you’d have him for ball retention.

No, as I and everyone else other than you have said, he’s not worth the £100k a week salary with his injury record. 

The fact his goal contribution has been so low, is exactly why he wouldn’t be any good for us. 

He’s probably better than our current 10’s (Armstrong and tella aside), but let’s be honest, the bar isn’t even above ankle height to be better than that load of shite. 

If we had to facilitate Lallana we would play a 433 with Lallana and JWP playing as 8's and Romeu as a sitting DM, I don't think he would be a good 10 at all. This might be better than what we have, but I'd rather just stick to our current system with two up top and buy an actual attacking mid. Also Lallana and Kante both play as ball progressing 8's now, primarily in a midfield three or double pivot. Lallana is not an attacking mid/winger/10 and hasn't been for years and Kante is not a DM. 

Edited by TWar

6 minutes ago, Turkish said:

No i said we shouldn't have signed him. Which given he appears to be signed as a creative goal threat and he's only started 16 games scoring one goal he isn't then it kind of backs me up. Unlike you trying to make out we should have paid him £100k a week, out of position because we can bring him on sometimes to run the clock down.

Can you imagine this place if we were right up against it and Ralph took off Romeu or JWP for Lallana 🤣

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

No, as I and everyone else other than you have said, he’s not worth the £100k a week salary with his injury record. 

The fact his goal contribution has been so low, is exactly why he wouldn’t be any good for us. 

He’s probably better than our current 10’s (Armstrong and tella aside), but let’s be honest, the bar isn’t even above ankle height to be better than that load of shite. 

Ok as I’ve apparently explicitly said we should pay him £100k p/W for his signing, I’m sure you would both easily be able to find that post and quote it as a reply yes? 

I said good ball retention and experience would be valuable in helping us hold a lead? Maybe you could also quote where I said he would simply run down the clock?

Or are both of you just making up arguments in your own heads? I’ll wait for your quotes of me.

6 minutes ago, TWar said:

If we had to facilitate Lallana we would play a 433 with Lallana and JWP playing as 8's and Romeu as a sitting DM, I don't think he would be a good 10 at all. This might be better than what we have, but I'd rather just stick to our current system with two up top and buy an actual attacking mid. Also Lallana and Kante both play as ball progressing 8's now, primarily in a midfield three or double pivot. Lallana is not an attacking mid/winger/10 and hasn't been for years and Kante is not a DM. 

Lallana and Kante are completely different players. Pointless debate and comparison. They may be played in relatively similar positions but Lallana is a creative player Kante is a Ball Winning midfielder. 

The only position Lallana would realistically fit in our system is one of the 10’s in a similar role to what Armstrong has. If, which would never happen as its a waste of funds, signed him, it’d be to improve us going forward. You’d therefore be looking for a goal contribution / return. 

Thankfully, it’ll never happen. 

7 minutes ago, SKD said:

Can you imagine this place if we were right up against it and Ralph took off Romeu or JWP for Lallana 🤣

Maybe, and this might be shocking to you, he could bring off an attacker to add him as an extra midfielder. Crazy all those things you can do in football hey?

Just now, Nemi said:

Maybe, and this might be shocking to you, he could bring off an attacker to add him as an extra midfielder. Crazy all those things you can do in football hey?

Yeah, you’re right. But let’s be honest, the one trick pony in charge isn’t astute enough to do that. 

Ok as I’ve apparently explicitly said we should pay him £100k p/W for his signing, I’m sure you would both easily be able to find that post and quote it as a reply yes? 

I said good ball retention and experience would be valuable in helping us hold a lead? Maybe you could also quote where I said he would simply run down the clock?

Or are both of you just making up arguments in your own heads? I’ll wait for your quotes of me.

1 hour ago, Nemi said:

but at the very least he would of been v useful to bring on when we’re trying to hold a lead. Better ball retention

Kind of implies he's come on as a sub to keep the ball to run the clock down doesn't it?

100k a week for a sub we could bring on to protect a lead. LMFAO. 

9 minutes ago, Nemi said:

If you are saying we should have signed Lallana, isn't paying him £100k implicit in that?

Or you're saying sign him but magically pay him less?

You've enjoyed calling everyone else a genius so you must realise that.

Edited by CB Fry

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Lallana and Kante are completely different players. Pointless debate and comparison. They may be played in relatively similar positions but Lallana is a creative player Kante is a Ball Winning midfielder. 

The only position Lallana would realistically fit in our system is one of the 10’s in a similar role to what Armstrong has. If, which would never happen as its a waste of funds, signed him, it’d be to improve us going forward. You’d therefore be looking for a goal contribution / return. 

Thankfully, it’ll never happen. 

It's incredible how much people still think of Kante as some sort of ball winning defensive mid. He is very much a box to box, has been for years. It's one of the biggest misconceptions in football. Kante, Lallana, Henderson, Fred, Thiago ect. all play as 8's. We don't employ 8's so there isn't much point in even discussing who he would replace.

Just now, Turkish said:

Kind of implies he's come on as a sub to keep the ball to run the clock down doesn't it?

100k a week for a sub we could bring on to protect a lead. LMFAO. 

You haven’t quoted where I’ve explicitly said we should sign him for 100k. Again you’re just making stuff up. The question wasn’t, why should we sign from Brighton, it was who from Brighton would improve Southampton. You’ve just changed the argument for no reason.

And no, not really, otherwise I would of said I think Lallana’s is really brilliant because he’s good at running down the clock. No I said, he would improve us because of his ball retention meaning I think he would help us retain the ball better, hence helping us keep possession under pressure.

13 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you are saying we should have signed Lallana, isn't paying him £100k implicit in that?

Or you're saying sign him but magically pay him less?

You've enjoyed calling everyone else a genius so you must realise that.

It said I was surprised that we didn’t try to sign Lallana if possible. Then someone pointed out, very helpfully as I had no idea, his wages are rumoured to be 100k p/w to which I responded ok I see why that isn’t possible then. I didn’t then say upon learning that, oh we should still sign him for 100k p/W regardless.

If you just looked through the posts you would see this.

Edited by Nemi

6 minutes ago, Nemi said:

You haven’t quoted where I’ve explicitly said we should sign him for 100k. Again you’re just making stuff up. The question wasn’t, why should we sign from Brighton, it was who from Brighton would improve Southampton. You’ve just changed the argument for no reason.

And no, not really, otherwise I would of said I think Lallana’s is really brilliant because he’s good at running down the clock. No I said, he would improve us because of his ball retention meaning I think he would help us retain the ball better, hence helping us keep possession under pressure.

How much do you think we would have paid him then if Brighton are paying him £100k? Would he have joined us for say £50k instead of £100k at Brighton? 

So when you said that "but at the very least he would of been v useful to bring on when we’re trying to hold a lead. Better ball retention" you absolutely didn't mean that we could bring him on as a sub to run the clock down by keeping the ball better, that is absolutely not the reason you'd bring him on as a sub. Okay mate. 

4 minutes ago, Nemi said:

It said I was surprised that we didn’t try to sign Lallana if possible. Then someone pointed out, very helpfully as I had no idea, his wages are rumoured to be 100k p/w to which I responded ok I see why that isn’t possible then. I didn’t then say upon learning that, oh we should still sign him for 100k p/W regardless.

If you just looked through the posts you would see this.

So after two pages of this nonsense you are now laying the groundwork to make out that no no no I never ever said actually sign him.

So we all agree, all of us, it is fucking great that we never signed Adam Lallana. All settled.

Absolute forum gold.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

So after two pages of this nonsense you are now laying the groundwork to make out that no no no I never ever said actually sign him.

So we all agree, all of us, it is fucking great that we never signed Adam Lallana. All settled.

Absolute forum gold.

Did I ask for people to respond with all sort of nonsense asking why I think Adam Lallana should be signed for £100p/W when all I simply said was I think he’d improve us?

Errr no.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Did I ask for people to respond with all sort of nonsense asking why I think Adam Lallana should be signed for £100p/W when all I simply said was I think he’d improve us?

Errr no.

How would he improve us if we don't sign him and pay him?

3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

How would he improve us if we don't sign him and pay him?

Because it was asked hypothetically who from Brighton would improve Southampton. I said among others Adam Lallana would improve us, but I never then went banging on about how we should definitely sign him, but for some reason people wanted to try make out I was.

Funny how no-one else was called-up on this when they mentioned Dunk or White or Bissouma who we also would have no chance of signing.

TBH I don’t see why I am even having to explain it. 

54 minutes ago, SKD said:

Can you imagine this place if we were right up against it and Ralph took off one of our main attacking threats for Romeu...

4 minutes ago, Nemi said:

Because it was asked hypothetically who from Brighton would improve Southampton. I said among others Adam Lallana would improve us, but I never then went banging on about how we should definitely sign him, but for some reason people wanted to try make out I was.

Funny how no-one else was called-up on this when they mentioned Dunk or White or Bissouma who we also would have no chance of signing.

TBH I don’t see why I am even having to explain it. 

Must have been someone else comparing people rejecting the idea of signing Lallana to people rejecting the idea of signing Kante.

And someone else linking up comments from the Brighton forum.

Must have been someone else sneering about how he ran rings around James Ward Prowse.

Must have been someone else because you're not fussed about Lallana either way.

Absolutely crystal clear.

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Must have been someone else comparing people rejecting the idea of signing Lallana to people rejecting the idea of signing Kante.

And someone else linking up comments from the Brighton forum.

Must have been someone else sneering about how he ran rings around James Ward Prowse.

Must have been someone else because you're not fussed about Lallana either way.

Absolutely crystal clear.

Like I said, I never even said we should sign Lallana in the first place, so whats that got to do with me? Seems like you issue is based off something I didn’t even say, so again if you actually just read it in the first place you wouldn’t have this problem.

So your issue with me is that someone else said something I didn’t and that’s my fault? Ok. I’ve simply replied to questions I never asked for. Yes, I sarcastically replied in jest that this stupid criteria he has made up to start a pointless argument would also rule out Kante and other midfielders, though if I ever explicitly compared Lallana and Kante, maybe you can quote where I said that? 

This is about if people disagree with me about Lallana, that happens so what, I just don’t need people misconstruing my comments to create an argument. I asked him where I ever said we should sign Lallana, and he can’t back it up.

If not then you can stop quoting me and this pointless discussion can stop.

Edited by Nemi

1 hour ago, Nemi said:

Like I said, I never even said we should sign Lallana in the first place, so whats that got to do with me? Seems like you issue is based off something I didn’t even say, so again if you actually just read it in the first place you wouldn’t have this problem.

So your issue with me is that someone else said something I didn’t and that’s my fault? Ok. I’ve simply replied to questions I never asked for. Yes, I sarcastically replied in jest that this stupid criteria he has made up to start a pointless argument would also rule out Kante and other midfielders, though if I ever explicitly compared Lallana and Kante, maybe you can quote where I said that? 

This is about if people disagree with me about Lallana, that happens so what, I just don’t need people misconstruing my comments to create an argument. I asked him where I ever said we should sign Lallana, and he can’t back it up.

If not then you can stop quoting me and this pointless discussion can stop.

I'm glad that you have 100% clarified that your position is the same as ours. You didn't want us to sign Adam Lallana and you don't want him at Southampton Football Club.

We're all agreed on that so that's great 👍 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...