Brandon Williams

Matthew Le God

36 minutes ago, egg said:

Absolutely, I'm not saying it had to be Williams. I'm just surprised that a £2m loan fee was an issue. 

Not so sure the loan fee would have been the issue so much as the wages if reports are true. Possibly the spend or possibly the dressing room effect of having a 'back up' earning  close to, or even more than, some of our established first teamers.

Whether this is right or not will be shown by what we do as an alternative. If that £2m is put to a good permanent signing then fine, if we start the season without adequate back up for FB's (Valery and Djenpo) then it might prove to be 'penny wise and pound foolish' (as one of my older relatives used to say).

45 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Maybe we ended our interest because we're going for this Doig chap from Hibs instead?

He wasn't in their squad for yesterday's season opener.

Only place I've seen him linked is on here, so don't get your hopes up.

On 06/07/2021 at 19:56, Matthew Le God said:

Looking likely to happen soon...

Kyle Walker-Peters- right back

Romain Perraud- left back

Brandon Williams - left & right back

Need a 4th fullback, unless happy for Salisu, Stephens and Ward-Prowse to fill in if injury/suspension crisis occurs. Which is far from ideal and leaves it open for another defensive crisis. Limits our attacking threat not having a natural attacking fullback so I think we need a 4th one.

47B9061E-5775-4F77-8746-15E73A45DB3A.jpeg.dbeddcc6f5d0cf517023916bdd6e08be.jpeg

Not sure what’s funnier; the prospect of Djenepo playing LB, or the fact some people on here are calling £2million ‘ridiculous’. It’s embarrassing that an established PL team are baulking at that amount of money. 

Regardless of whether he’s any good or not, we haven’t got a pot to piss in. 

The usual hysterical tarts made to look extremely foolish again with news of a, hopefully, exciting and inspiring signing who looks like he has a great future.  Better than spending 5 million on a one season loan for a player that does not look all that. 

• Like 4

Not seen Williams or the Chelsea guy play, however if they are similar standard (and the story here suggests Tino is better), a purchase is much, much better for us than an expensive loan.

Could this mean we have a board who knows what they're doing??!

• Like 2

Was Williams a decoy for Tino (does that happen?), a backup option? Or our first choice all along? (Maybe we didn't expect Tino)?

Seems strange we chased for so long and switched at the last minute. Unless we want him aswel?!

12 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Was Williams a decoy for Tino (does that happen?), a backup option? Or our first choice all along? (Maybe we didn't expect Tino)?

Seems strange we chased for so long and switched at the last minute. Unless we want him aswel?!

If reports are to be believed we have chased Livramento since March so not a last minute switch. Perhaps we want both, perhaps we want Williams "at a certain price" which is likely to be less than Manure want.