Child season ticket

Hobson

I hope someone can give me some honest advice… my son and I have been season ticket holder’s for the past 4 years. Unfortunately my son can’t attend, this will be the first match he has missed. Rather than letting the ticket go to waste I was going to bring my old man along, is there anyway the stewards will know if an adult is using a child’s ticket? 

Doubt it, though I guess they spot check seats/tickets every now and again. For me, you are just being pragmatic and not deliberately abusing the system. 

Not sure if there is an honesty route, where you offer to pay the difference. though probably not worth opening that pandora's box.

I couldn't make the Newcastle game so gave my adult season ticket to my daughter's friend to use ... so saints are in credit there!

There is a light that indicates the type of ticket when you go through the turnstile to avoid adults using children's tickets. But I have never seen a steward pay attention. Have in the past upgraded a child season ticket to an adult but that proved expensive. Would suggest you go with it, you aren't taking money away from the club when they are selling low price tickets for this game anyway.

28 minutes ago, Hobson said:

Thanks for the advice, think I will definitely chance it 

Either way, give your old man your ticket, you use your sons, it'll be you that gets lifted and your dad gets to the game...!

• Like 1

The lights shows either a concessionary or full priced ticket, they don't differentiate concession types. Give pops the kid's ticket, that way when the light flashes, the steward will glance up and see an older fella and quite reasonably assume it is a pensioners ticket. The steward won't ask to see the ticket.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dimond Geezer said:

The lights shows either a concessionary or full priced ticket, they don't differentiate concession types. Give pops the kid's ticket, that way when the light flashes, the steward will glance up and see an older fella and quite reasonably assume it is a pensioners ticket. The steward won't ask to see the ticket.

I think the new turnstiles have more colours now. I saw a list of them inside the ground a few weeks ago. 

Pretty sure it used to just have 2 different ones but there are more now.

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I think the new turnstiles have more colours now. I saw a list of them inside the ground a few weeks ago. 

Pretty sure it used to just have 2 different ones but there are more now.

Ah ok, I hadn't realised they'd changed it. It's been a while since my old man used my son's ticket.

I remember the days when you could wait outside one of the gates whilst your mate went in, he’d slip the ticket under the gate then you’d go in, do the same to the next one and you’d all stand at the back of the archers 

On 12/03/2022 at 21:49, Turkish said:

I remember the days when you could wait outside one of the gates whilst your mate went in, he’d slip the ticket under the gate then you’d go in, do the same to the next one and you’d all stand at the back of the archers 

I remember the days when you just paid cash, except for the ‘all ticket’ games. 

10 hours ago, Dragon_man said:

Hi Hobson, How did you get on?

I've now got the same problem for tomorrow's match. My daughter has tested positive so have a spare child ticket ... but there's only adults who can come with me.

Magic Johnson's had it for decades so keep your chin up.