Brentford tickets

The Cat

Did anyone get these today and have an idea of how well they are selling? I can get mine on Tuesday but might have to wait until Wednesday because one of my kids has a game less.

Will they still be available or are we near sell out?

On 14/04/2022 at 19:41, The Cat said:

Did anyone get these today and have an idea of how well they are selling? I can get mine on Tuesday but might have to wait until Wednesday because one of my kids has a game less.

Will they still be available or are we near sell out?

Think it will be a struggle, we only have an allocation of 1770, looking at the eligibility criteria they are going to be gold dust. 

At least we know we'll be playing Brentford away again next season so another chance to tick off the ground then. 

Annoying the train line between Clapham and Kew Bridge is closed that weekend 

Anyone know whether you're better off going into Waterloo, drinking Centrally and get the tube out to Acton Town or alternative?

Or what the other options are getting off at Clapham? 

Tried to have a look, but seems to just give you the options as if it's a normal day, and then says, they won't run like that...

53 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Anyone know whether you're better off going into Waterloo, drinking Centrally and get the tube out to Acton Town or alternative?

Or what the other options are getting off at Clapham? 

Tried to have a look, but seems to just give you the options as if it's a normal day, and then says, they won't run like that...

Gunnersbury tube is about 10 minute walk away. There’s a fair sized pub opposite that.

There isn’t much near the ground, one pub by the bridge and that’s it. Other side of the bridge there’s several.

Alternatively, try Richmond or Ealing.

Hopefully we can play them in pre-season or something, I can imagine it being hard to get tickets even next season.

I went to the pre-season game a few years back at Griffin Park, think Pellegrino was in charge and it finished 2-2.

It was a decent atmosphere in the terraces and a good game.

8 hours ago, Appy said:

No trains to Richmond that weekend either. 

The line south of Kew Bridge is open so depending where you're coming from  you can come round on the loop line from Weybridge/ Staines route right up to the ground , I know someone going Reading - Virginia Water / Virginia Water - Kew Bridge. 

8 hours ago, nta786 said:

Hopefully we can play them in pre-season or something, I can imagine it being hard to get tickets even next season.

I went to the pre-season game a few years back at Griffin Park, think Pellegrino was in charge and it finished 2-2.

It was a decent atmosphere in the terraces and a good game.

Griffin Park was much better than this new ground, pub on each corner, think we sold out 1600 for the friendly but at least that made general sale , always a popular away day 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JRM said:

The line south of Kew Bridge is open so depending where you're coming from  you can come round on the loop line from Weybridge/ Staines route right up to the ground , I know someone going Reading - Virginia Water / Virginia Water - Kew Bridge. 

Yeah. I saw that was an option. Changing at Clapham seems like a no go 

8 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Yeah. I saw that was an option. Changing at Clapham seems like a no go 

Yeah bus replacement through that part of London will be a nightmare. Going into Waterloo then tube probably makes most sense. 

Going via Virginia Water at least gets right to the ground and option to stop at random places for a beer, but I used to live on that line at Isleworth and those trains stop so many times every couple of mins does make for a slow journey. 

There is an option for those coming by train to change at Clapham Junction, get the Overground to West Brompton, District Line to Earl's Court, then the Richmond branch of the District Line back to either Gunnersbury or Kew Gardens - some decent pubs south of the river by Kew Green, the Botanist and Cricketers are pretty good and much bigger than most of the ones near the ground. Good luck to anyone trying to get a pint in the Express Tavern :lol: