Loan Watch

Nolan

Another pre-season goal for N'Lundulu today too.

I have a soft spot for Cheltenham Town having lived and studied there for 4 years, so I'm meeting up with some old friends to watch the Robins take on the Skates on Aug 13th. So I'm hoping N'lundulu keeps the scoring streak going until at least that game! Do I take a Saints flag (or maybe just a pin badge) 😉

27 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Lived in Cheltenham myself for a few years in the late 90’s. Take a flag.

I was there 1998-2002... so the Jones, Hoddle, Gray, Strachan glory years 😆 I still had a ST and made the trip back every other weekend.
But got to watch a few of the Robins games in-between, and they went from the Conference to League One in that time too, which was great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 14/02/2023 at 22:03, saintscottofthenortham said:

Finnigan, who is thought of as being very close to first team level, scored his first goal for Crewe Alexandra tonight. Sounds like a good one, too.

269AA6A1-386F-49F0-8565-A359945B9070.jpeg

Saw him play at harrogate today. Was playing centre midfield and got dominated by Harrogate midfield pair. Didn’t really do much, Crewe were awful, 2-0  down after 85 minutes, had nothing going forward then got a very soft penalty and and then an equaliser to somehow draw a game they should have lost 5-0

• Like 1

I saw Smallbone play for Stoke last night in their 3-1 win at Swansea. He had a really good game. Played box to box excellent defensively, very calm in what was an unnecessarily bad tempered game. Played some good attacking passes and moves. Not sure he’s Prem standard yet but considering it was only his 23rd birthday (and yes I do know how young Lavia is) he looked like he’s definitely improving and playing with confidence. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, New Forest Pony said:

I saw Smallbone play for Stoke last night in their 3-1 win at Swansea. He had a really good game. Played box to box excellent defensively, very calm in what was an unnecessarily bad tempered game. Played some good attacking passes and moves. Not sure he’s Prem standard yet but considering it was only his 23rd birthday (and yes I do know how young Lavia is) he looked like he’s definitely improving and playing with confidence. 

Could be an option in the championship - especially as we'd likely lose all our first team CMs.