Sports Republic Out

Archers Road Stand

16 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

That website is a monument to presumptuousness,  hubris and narcissism. Embarrassing. 

And all because he got lucky at little Brentford over a five year period. There is no formula or unique methodology.  Ankersen is the epitome of a contemporary fraud. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

This is exactly it from my point of view. We now have 2 models within the club that completely contradict each other.

The selection of Mara within those tactics was baffling last night. There was no time to watch him and work out whether he looks a decent footballer or not because no one passed him the ball. Weird.

Mara was on the pitch but wasn’t part of the team. He just ran around on his own hoping that somehow the ball would come to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Mara was on the pitch but wasn’t part of the team. He just ran around on his own hoping that somehow the ball would come to him.

Whoever signed Mara and decided he could be a first team option this season needs shooting. He runs around like he's still playing in the u18s. Offers absolutely nothing. 

He's another player we bought in this summer who cannot seem to sprint, along with AMN and Aribo. No pace in this side at all, and Mara doesnt even seem to know when to run and where to run to. dross.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

And all because he got lucky at little Brentford over a five year period. There is no formula or unique methodology.  Ankersen is the epitome of a contemporary fraud. 

And now look how well they're doing without him

The guy is a fraud. Get rid.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

I’ve said previously that others (the chairman, the head of recruitment and Phil Giles, DoF) probably did the job at Brentford. 

Going on what we’ve seen here, Ankersen just talked about it, and got credit for others work.

• Like 1

To his credit one person who didn’t shy away when things got bad or criticism was flying around was Rupert Lowe.

Didn’t always agree with what came out, but at least he faced up to the press and fans. As I recall anyway 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Badger said:

To his credit one person who didn’t shy away when things got bad or criticism was flying around was Rupert Lowe.

Didn’t always agree with what came out, but at least he faced up to the press and fans. As I recall anyway 

Wasn't that because we were a PLC and he needed good PR to stay in a job?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miserableoldgit said:

Not sure that's true....at least Reed was always willing to sit in front of a camera and tell everyone how well he was doing.....SR just stay quiet.

Only when things were going well, and the world was interested in how amazing our transfer strategy and black box were. He seemed to disappear a season or so later, after the VVD/Fonte/CB fuck up in 2017 and onwards.

I had a chance meeting with Blackmore once (probably 2018 from memory) who said they'd invited Reed to voice the club's position and intentions several times but they couldn't get any response.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if things could be getting toxic at SR. Dragan'a money, reported £2.5/4m compensation to Luton, Jones looks on borrowed time here, £10m ish compensation if he's sacked. If it was my money I'd be kicking over a few tables and chairs never mind throwing cups at the wall. NJ is talking about getting results and turning it around but it looks like he hasn't a clue how to select a balanced team of our best players. How's that going to work.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, derry said:

I'm wondering if things could be getting toxic at SR. Dragan'a money, reported £2.5/4m compensation to Luton, Jones looks on borrowed time here, £10m ish compensation if he's sacked. If it was my money I'd be kicking over a few tables and chairs never mind throwing cups at the wall. NJ is talking about getting results and turning it around but it looks like he hasn't a clue how to select a balanced team of our best players. How's that going to work.

Serbians don't tend to mess about if they think they're being taken for a ride. Ankersen and his clever pals need to get their heads together and come up with a plan to extract themselves from the mess they've got themselves into. Maybe start by sacking Jones but not sure how they'll explain that major cock up to Dragan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...